autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fw1 racing formula cleaning wax

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckmafia View Post
    One thing you have to remember is this, as a company you have to start some where and get your product in the customers hand. I can almost guarantee you Barry Meguire did not start out selling his stuff at A.G.,Walmart,Advance,...and everywhere else that automotive items are sold. Sometimes good products are sold by a salesman at a station or a vendor at a car show.You can't always judge a product by where it is sold or the price.
    I seem to recall a story about one of the Meguiars actually offering to polish random people's fenders, however that was ages ago. Back when Milk was being delivered. I'm certainly not saying there can't possibly be a good product being sold door to door. I'm just saying the majority of them are overpriced, and many are junk. As mentioned, Kirby is a prime example, they have been selling door to door for ages, preying on the ignorant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post
    That said, there are bad apples no matter where you go. When it comes to sales, sometimes you have to tell anecdotes. Sometimes you have to stretch the truth a bit...(Ok...you have to lie )

The fact is, sales people are very special, and gifted people. Not everyone is cut out to be a sales person. You knock on doors all day long, get told NO 80-90 times, and then finally...you get a yes! You have to have three inch thick skin to be successful in the sales world. Some of the richest people in the world are sales people.

Sure, people lie, it's their job You don't think car dealers lie
    Wait--are you saying that it is acceptable for people to lie in order to make money??? And to become very rich from doing that? I guess this explains the lack of outrage over the modern-day corporate robber barons.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say two cans for $25 is quite the deal since it sells for $20 per can + shipping. Awfully gripey for someone that hasn't ever tried it out yet.....and didn't even pay for it!
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are brainwashed to the fact that products are not "cool" if they're not sold at a reputable retailer. This, however, is not always the case. I found a carpet/upholstery cleaner online that I bet know one has ever heard of, yet it works far better than anything I've ever tried from a "boutique" retailer.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I had a door to door salesman come around with an all purpose cleaner. The company is out of TX, but I can't remember the name of the company right now. The guy started right in when I opened the door, cleaning the siding on my house, a shoe that he saw sitting just inside the door, you name it. I had been in the middle of doing some home repairs that week and I actually dripped a little bit of GREAT STUFF (yellow, spray insulating foam) on the ceramic tile and I had nothing that could bring it out. I tried every cleaner I had; sponges, paint scrapers, razer blades, etc. I told the guy if he could get that yellow stain out of my tile, I'd buy a gallon. Sure enough, a few swipes with the cleaner and a cotton towel and the stain was gone. That cleaner is $75 per gallon, but it calls to be diluted to 10:1 and 20:1 for most purposes, so it was money well spent. Six years later and I still have it. Not ALL door to door and parking lot sales are junk. It's okay to be skeptical, but at least give them a chance to prove the product before bashing it.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

A guy was selling this outside the PX the other day. I almost bought some just to test it out. Maybe I should have, but the guy was to busy flirting with some Army wife to help me.

Post Thanks / Like

Send a blind sample to someone on this forum and let's see a review.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123