autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is a good TIRE Dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    I used the 303 extensively.
    It went on easy but I seem to have used a lot but I did a lot.
    Half a bottle about 8 oz or so.
    I did the tires and all the rubber and bumpers and interior. There is a lot of plastic and rubber on my 2010 Savana. So that isn't too bad I guess as I did spray it all over the door trim panels on the doors and all the rubber door seals and the huge dash too, just about all the plastic and rubber on a big vehicle.

I went 4 wheelin on memorial Day to the lake where it is very dusty and sandy. My tires are coated with dust and dirt as is the whole vehicle especially the tires and rear bumber which I 303 heavily. I am going to wash it either tomorrow or sat. Then I will see how the 303 does. My back bumber is coated with dirt. I want to see how well it comes off and if the 303 has anything left or if I already need to reapply.
    That will be the first test for 303.
    I will let you guys know in a few days.
    Excellent! Look forward to your update
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 303 very much.
    BUT it did not last very long on the tires. I applied the 303 all over my plastic on the interior and exterior, which I have a ton of plastic. It held up well on the exterior plastic on my bumpers. After putting on the 303 a few weeks later I hit some 4X4 very dusty dirty sandy roads. The plastic bumpers rinsed off nicely and I washed them with some meg Gold class and Griots shampoo. The 303 seems to have gotten refreshed from the waSH and seems to still be protecting the exterior plastic. The interior plastic dash and door panels are holding up great. I did notice that in some places the 303 is attracting dirt much like armorall does. I believe this was due to me applying too much 303 to the plastic surfaces. I will do thinner applications next time. I put a lot of 303 on the rubber door seals. They seemed to have attracted dust and were a bit greasy which was surprising to me.
    The 303 on the tires did not last long at all and I am looking for a new product for the tires. I think the DP will be the next product I use on the tires.
    All in all I do like the 303 but it is costly and I will use it sparingly and on select areas, no more of it on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

I like wolfgangs tire gel. 1 cost gives a nice black look but isn't wet looking. 2 can give you a wet.darker look but I never do. I do hear alot of good things about optimums opti-bond for a fresh look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    I like the 303 very much.
    BUT it did not last very long on the tires. I applied the 303 all over my plastic on the interior and exterior, which I have a ton of plastic. It held up well on the exterior plastic on my bumpers. After putting on the 303 a few weeks later I hit some 4X4 very dusty dirty sandy roads. The plastic bumpers rinsed off nicely and I washed them with some meg Gold class and Griots shampoo. The 303 seems to have gotten refreshed from the waSH and seems to still be protecting the exterior plastic. The interior plastic dash and door panels are holding up great. I did notice that in some places the 303 is attracting dirt much like armorall does. I believe this was due to me applying too much 303 to the plastic surfaces. I will do thinner applications next time. I put a lot of 303 on the rubber door seals. They seemed to have attracted dust and were a bit greasy which was surprising to me.
    The 303 on the tires did not last long at all and I am looking for a new product for the tires. I think the DP will be the next product I use on the tires.
    All in all I do like the 303 but it is costly and I will use it sparingly and on select areas, no more of it on the tires.
    Thanks so much for giving us all feedback. It's very helpfull!!

The DP and the Opti are both very nice products. The one I am getting which I am very much looking forward to using is the Ultima Tire and Trim.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I really love Pinnacle Black Onyx tire gel. It goes on easy and within an hour is cured and won't sling if you got all the build up off. The smell is to die for...and it gives you a nice matte/clean look. It's not "dripping wet" but looks very good and a little shiny. Oh, it beads water like a mofo, and lasts forever if not cleaned with some kind of degreaser...I was insanely surprised at the durability, because I had only used cheap Meguiars and Armor All products prior to using it.
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say go with Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. Very nice stuff.

There is a nice review by CriticalDetails here, and a few posts down I added some photos from a review I did a few months ago. The look really depends on how you apply it. Personally I like the look as I have it on my wheels (well no longer as that car was totaled on the highway about a month ago).

Review: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

I used some meg's interior stuff on my wheels one time because I was out of tire stuff. I use the interior stuff very sparingly on the interior because it is kind of greasy/wet look. I really spread it thin and looks better to me if I do. I like the clean look better that the wet look on interior.

Anyway I tried it on my tires one day. It makes the tire darker, but not real wet looking. It seems to dry well and not fly everywhere. The best thing is, is it lasts for weeks. I wash my car 2-3 times a week. I wash my wheels and dry real quick but I don't really need to go back to do the tires. So if you have some interior cleaner, give it a try, WTH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kens56now View Post
    I used some meg's interior stuff on my wheels one time because I was out of tire stuff.
    What is this stuff that you speak of?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    What is this stuff that you speak of?

I can't remember exactly, but Meg'g interior cleaner stuff. I'll check, it's at home and I'm at work. It's just the stuff you can pick up at Target or any auto parts kind of store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    optimum opti bond gets all my votes !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast