autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Substitution for Final Inspection?

I asked this on MOL but was advised that this forum might give me wider audience. I have couple of Duragloss products such as Aquawax and Fast Clean Shine. I was wondering if I can use either of the product instead of Final Inspection for priming the pad for M105 rotary usage.

- Vikas

Mike Phillips

Re: Substitution for Final Inspection?

The reason Meguiar's recommends using Final Inspection is because M34 Final Inspection is a body shop safe mist and wipe quick detailer, or spray detailer.

Because it's body shop safe it doesn't contain the extra ingredients consumer's love that add gloss, shine and slickness.

For these reasons it's a more virgin or pure form of a spray detailer for adding "liquid" to a machine buffing process.

Consumer oriented products, or at least non-body shop safe products tend to have extra ingredients that if introduced to a machine buffing process where heat is involved it could lead to more difficult buffing characteristics of the chemicals being used.

These two product you're referencing are great spray detailers but they contain all kinds of extra ingredients for protection, slickness, durability, shine, etc.

They are not the same type of spray detailer that M34 is and these extra ingredients could have a negative effect when mixed with compounds, swirl mark removers and such and then machine buffed, especially with a rotary buffer.

It's your car, and your time and money so you can try them as a wetting agent for your buffing process and see if they work for you.

There's a thread in the "Hot Topics" forum on MOL that addresses this here,

Using a wetting-agent with M105 and M205

Here's one paragraph from that thread,

M34 Final Inspection will have the least effect on our formulations from an overall performance stand point. M34 Final Inspection is our recommended product for priming new or dry buffing pads, thus our product development and pre-market testing supports this use.

Notice the word "our" is underlined. In the context of that thread they are only stating they recommend using M34 with their formulations, they make no claims as to using another companies spray detailers with the same companies compounds you would have to check with each company and specifically ask them if its' okay to use their spray detailers with their compounds and polishes especially if heat is involved.