autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran, Signature or Wolfgang Fuzion Estate ?

Just finished prepping my 2008 Crystal Metallic Red Corvette. Clay, then McKee 37 Jeweling Wax, now what's next? What is the best topcoat wax for that color? Corvette is a garage queen, kept covered, and a weekend driver. Paint is like new. 19,000 miles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Souveran, Signature or Wolfgang Fuzion Estate ?

You can't go wrong with Pinnacle Souveran paste wax or Fusion.

With that said, welcome to AGO and with only 19K on a 2008... You certainly have a Garage Queen. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, to echo Mr Paul_G, I'm a big fan of Fuzion. It seems to be a bit more durable than some of the other "fancy" waxes.
    You really can't go wrong with either choice- chances are, you will end up with both of them anyways

Post Thanks / Like

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    You really can't go wrong with either choice- chances are, you will end up with both of them anyways
    I can't comment on the Signature Series II as I have not used it, but as stated above you cannot go wrong with either Fuzion or Souveran - and you might want to have both in your arsenal!

Fuzion will give you better durability as it has the added "German super polymers," but both are stupid easy to apply and remove so maybe that doesn't matter too much.

Another to consider would be BlackFire BlackICE. If you don't mind a bit of a darkening effect (correct me if I'm wrong, but your color is a dark-rich red?), this wax/sealant hybrid looks amazing over McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax. Would also give you the best durability if you don't want to keep waxing the 'vette every month. I know you may be skeptical as BlackICE is really intended for black paint but it can also be used quite successfully on red!

So many good options to choose from... the fun is in experimenting!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I will just add that SSII is no slouch. I use quite often, and while not "quite" in the same league as the others noted here, it provides incredible glass and I've gotten 3+ months durability and shine out of it (minimum) for some family cars. It might take like 10% more effort to apply and remove, maybe - it buffs off very easily. All I am saying is don't count it out just because it is half the price of the others.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

All the choices are excellent. I'm a huge fan of Souveran, and have that along with Fuzion as my go-to waxes. Souveran will make dark paints look deeper, but Fuzion is the winner for bringing out metallic flake. In this case I'd have to go with Fuzion first.

One thing to keep in mind is that if your car really is a garage queen and only gets driven a few times a month, the Souveran glow might wear off before you drive it twice. You'd need to do a touch-up every other week or so to maintain it. The Fuzion sparkle will last for months.

Post Thanks / Like

This is as always a very tough question to answer, and all the earlier responses have been absolutely spot on.

In comparison it's like asking "Should I drive my Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche today?" You really can't go wrong with any of them. Personally I am a HUGE fan of Souveran as the depth and wetness it brings out in red is second to none (been using it for over 12 years), but like others have said, Fuzion will last longer and still give you a great shine.

Diving deeper into the rabbit hole... Since the paint is like new as you have mentioned, why not coat it or seal it first? I understand it's garage kept and covered, but even those vehicles are susceptible to light marring and "love marks" occasionally. Having a sealant or coating on it will help protect the paint for a much longer period, and you can still top them with a finishing wax to give the paintwork a good "pop" if so desired.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Signature Series II.....easy on, easy off....outstanding results

Post Thanks / Like

To me Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax! That is some good SHITE!!....LOL I have the others that you mentioned too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast