autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leatherique

Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique

Hey Mike!
    I realize this isn't a paint correction question, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask
    I just received my Leatherique kit about 2 minutes ago(literally) and I just wanted to get your take on ways to apply the oils and cleaners.

I have a fairly good idea of what the product does, but I'm a bit confused on the process( and ways to make the product perform to its maximum). What I'm puzzled about is when I'm suppose to scrub with the leather brush? The instructions (printed on the sheet) say to scrub the Rejuvenation oil into the seats, however the bottle says to scrub when using Pristine Clean.

I plan on putting a lot of time and effort into this interior project, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to hear from you and maybe even some other people who have possibly experimented with Leatherique. I appreciate your time taking a look at this!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leatherique

Here is an excerpt from my review that lists how I applied:

I applied the rejuv. oil over the test area and massaged it in........... I let the rejuv. sit for 30 hours with the windows up. Note: It is important to get the area as warm as possible during application of both the rejuv. and the prestine clean. This allows them to penetrate the leather better. I then sprayed the prestine clean on and let it sit about 1 minute before scrubbing and then washing it off. I was disappointed to feel no difference in the leather but as Leatherique says for cardboard hard leather several applications will be necessary. I applied the rejuv. oil a second time and waited a few hours before removing it with the Prestine clean the same as before. This time I was able to notice a difference in the softness of the leather. I will be doing a third treatment as I am pretty sure that will make it even softer. Can't wait to use it on the Sky.
    Heres the review: Review: Leatherique
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! thanks a bunch CeeDog, that helped out a whole lot! Did you notice any differences in smell? The product itself doesnt smell wonderful, but ive heard that the leather regains its former scent to some extent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTTman View Post
    The product itself doesnt smell wonderful, but ive heard that the leather regains its former scent to some extent.
    I would say that this was true of my Sky. I keep it very clean and it smells "new"... "newer" today then it did the day I drove it off the lot. Some of this I attribute to the Leatherique. I noticed a difference after I had used it.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

When I used Leatherique on my leather seats it stunk for a couple days but I'm telling you, the impact it had on the seats was amazing. They were extremely clean and soft.

As a side note, this stuff off gasses something fierce. You may have to clean your interior glass a couple of times after use.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

so to make a choice. Leatherique or the current VIP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    so to make a choice. Leatherique or the current VIP?
    That ran through my head as well. However, I chose Leatherique because of the current condition and age of my seats. Im not familiar on the Master Kit that is VIP right now, but if your seats are in rather new condition, then it may be something to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

In Progress Question: ok, so the temperature is not as hot as I would have liked, so I was wondering that since I do have bags around the seats, could i possibly take it for a drive with the heated seats and air on without any problems?

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly could but do you have a blow dryer?

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Yes yes, I do have blow dryer (a couple too many haha). I just didn't know if i left the dryer on for a period of time, or just ran over the seat a couple times to get some heat built up.
    (PS: i took a peak under the bags and the amount of white residue and gunk is unreal! These seats have never been deep down cleaned before)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast