autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Training Cars for the September Boot Camp Class

Training Cars for the September Boot Camp Class

This class is full, the September class always fills up the fastest. The next class is in January and after that in May and then in September again. We hold our Detailing Boot Camp Classes the same time each year.

Wetsanding & How to use a Rotary Buffer Class

Here's the car my class will get to learn how to wetsand on... pretty cool.... much better than a rental car or demo hood....

1939 Lasalle Streetrod with brand new paint job and some extra clear sprayed just for this class.

We may also have a special guest joining us!

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for the September Boot Camp Class

1962 Chevy Impala SS

This will probably be training car for the Rupes Paint Polishing Class.

It's been a while since the paint on this beautiful red Impala has had a proper detail so if you're reading this and attending my September Detailing Boot Camp Class this is one of the cars you'll be working on and this class will be filmed for TV on "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage. So be sure to comb your hair and wear a clean shirt for the upcoming Detailing Boot Camp Class.

Mike Phillips

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Van

I always include one or two daily drivers in my detailing boot camp classes to teach production detailing as well as interior detailing.

My buddy Mike owns this 2002 T&C and he says it's been about 4 years or so since he's waxed the outside. I felt the paint, it feels like sandpaper. Mike is a cameraman for Ship Shape TV so we want to do an exceptional job for him.

Production Detailing
    This will be our exterior production detail vehicle that we'll use to teach,

Exterior
    Machine glass polishing to remove road film and water spots.
    Cosmetic engine detailing.
    Removing Iron particles with Iron X to chemically decontaminate the exterior paint.
    Autogeek Foam Gun to wash the outside and remove the Iron X and loose dirt.
    Nanoskin Wash Mitts to mechanically decontaminate the exterior while the Van is still wet.
    Machine polishing using a one-step cleaner/wax or AIO

Interior
    Dry extraction.
    Wet extraction.
    Steam cleaning.
    Vinyl cleaning and protection.
    Glass cleaning and anti-fog treatment.

Here she is in all her glory...

Dog Hair
    I think Mike owns a dog as there's what looks to be dog hair in the carpet. The seats will all be in the van when it arrives on Friday, September 26th for the September 27th and 28th Detailing Boot Camp Class.

This will be the first project car for Saturday morning and one of the cars that will be featured on "My Classic Car" in 2015.

While it's a lot of fun to buff out cool cars like the Impala and the LaSalle, reality is most people are working on mundane daily drivers whether they're detailing for dollars or taking care of the family grocery getter.

My classes cover everything from daily drivers to show car detailing and this Town Country van will fill the need for our daily driver.

Mike Phillips

I have confirmed this very rare 1942 Oldsmobile Club Coupe Sedan. It's rare because most car production for the public had stopped by 1941 and 1942 as America ramped up to build tanks, ships and planes for World War II.

The sun was going down when I took the below picture so it's hard to see but I can guarantee you... the paint on his car is SEVERELY swirls out!

Mike Phillips

1965 Plymouth Belvedere

The owner brought his car by Autogeek before my last detailing bootcamp class but at that time I already have enough cars for the class so we're adding it to the September class.

The paint on this streetrod qualifies for some of the worst paint I've seen in my entire life! I can't find the original pictures I took while the car was here so the picture below is just one I snagged off the Internet to show what this car looks like....

1965 Plymouth Belvedere

Mike Phillips

1967 Continental Suicide Doors - All Original including the paint

My buddy Matt's Dad bought this off the showroom floor and Matt says this was the last Continental to roll of the assembly line in 1967. It has 30,000 original miles and everything from the inside out including the convertible top and the paint is all original.

Matt just had this car shipped into Stuart, Florida and my friend Mike Beddel recommended he bring me his classic Continental to have it detailed.

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

In the below picture I'm using my finger to give teh camera something to focus on so when I turn the flash on I can capture the swirls since the Sun was not out at the time I took these pictures. You can see by the water beads his car is in need of polishing and waxing.

Here's my camera lighting up the paint....

Here's a full size resolution section cropped out of the above pictures...

Detailing Boot Camp Classes for 2015

I've been told there's only 3 spaces left in the January Class. The detailing classes taught here at Autogeek are the only classes in the world where you get to learn how to use all the most popular tools, pads and products on cool cars like you would see on Overhaulin, or Fast & Loud, or My Classic Car, etc.

After the January class the next class will be held in May and after that September.

We hold our classes the same three times each year so you can plan your schedule to be here.
    Last weekend of January.
    First weekend of May.
    Last weekend of September

Mike Phillips

Another car for this class....

2000 Camaro SS - Iron X Extreme Makeover

My co-worker and buddy Jason recently purchased this modern classic, an unmolested 2000 Camaro SS. I felt the paint and it's rougher than the concrete parking lot where the car is parked. It's duller than chalk and it's my guess it hasn't been detailed in over a decade.

We're going to use this Camaro to show how to use Iron X followed by the Foam Gun followed by Nanosking Wash Mitts. The crew from "My Classic Car" will be here filming this class and this car as we show the bleeding effect when Iron X goes to work.

Rock Chip Repair
    We'll also be showing how to use the Dr. Color Chip Rock Chip Repair Kit to fix the paint chips on this Camaro.

The paint code for this Camaro is found on the inside of the driver's door. Where it reads - BC/CC that's Basecoat/Clearcoat and the U 9567 is the paint code.

Post Thanks / Like

omg!!! cant wait

Post Thanks / Like

Mike you always find some cool cars to work on.

Mike Phillips

Just to note...

We maybe substituting this Custom Dodge Lancer for Earl's 1962 Impala and save Earl's 1962 Impala for the January class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast