autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detailing spray

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing spray

Hey guys, I'm new here and I want to get better at washing and detailing my car

Ive always used me meguiars detail spray, the fancy one in the black bottle. I've recently learned about chemical guys and now I'm wondering what a good detail spray would be to use by the gallon so that maybe the price would be cheaper but the quality is better.

Any suggestions you guys can give me?

I've primarily just used a detail spray for in between cleanings, but I'm not opposed to using one as a sealant or any other use it may have.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing spray

Price doesn't necessarily have to be cheaper but I don't want to pay exorbitant amounts either

Also, can you guys use the acronyms and full names, it would be very helpful to me to catch on to the lingo!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of two:
    Duragloss Aqua Wax is a great product and buy it buy the gallon, very reasonably priced.
    C-Magic (not available thru Autogeek) is what I use on my Corvette, it is expensive compared to the Duragloss. My Corvette is a garage queen so I cannot gauge how well this does against the Duragloss,
    Both for me are awesome products.
    OTC Meguiars also works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate (UWWP+) as my quick detailer, waterless wash and bug remover.

It works great leaving a glossy, smooth finish and is very economical if purchased in concentrate form. The concentrate will make over 5 gallons of UWWP for $21.

I've transitioned from the traditional paste waxes to spray wax.
    I've been very pleased with Optimum Car Wax (OCW).
    Check out Review: Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax for a two month update on 4 different spray waxes (including OCW).

Post Thanks / Like

You will be killing 2 birds with one stone. Less chance of marring your paint with only a quick detailer.

[QUOTE=wysiwyg;693513]I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate (UWWP+) as my quick detailer, waterless wash and bug remover.
    It works great leaving a glossy, smooth finish and is very economical if purchased in concentrate form. The concentrate will make over 5 gallons of UWWP for $21.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is CG Eco wash. As a quick detailer I use speed wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

I went through quite a few different detail sprays and then a ran across Griots Wash and Shine waterless wash and I love it. It has more lubricants than most detail sprays and it cleans better. I use it alot (almost daily) for bugs and bird bombs. The shine/gloss it leaves is fantastic. Also it comes in a 35oz. bottle that makes it cheaper than most. I'm very impressed with this product and it is now my go to detail spray. I'll be driving up to Seattle from N. CA in Aug. so I plan on stopping by Griots flagship store in Tacoma (it's right off of I5) to find out if it can be purchased by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either Optimum Detailer Concentrate or Ultima WW Concentrate.Both are economical and excellent. The Ultima is more versatile and can be used as a waterless or rinse less wash. It's really the best versatile product out there IMHO. Poor Boys Spray and Gloss is also awesome. If your car is black or dark, choose wisely as some products may "ghost" depending on your LSP. You may want to get a small quantity first to see if you like it. Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax acts more like a QD with some protection and also leaves a nice gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 35ozs. concentrated? UWW+ is a 1/2 oz to 22ozs of water which makes it about .65 per 22ozs. A 16oz bottle makes 5 1/2 gallons of waterless wash. I use on the average of 12oz per wash or .35 cents a wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by BWG707 View Post
    I went through quite a few different detail sprays and then a ran across Griots Wash and Shine waterless wash and I love it. It has more lubricants than most detail sprays and it cleans better. I use it alot (almost daily) for bugs and bird bombs. The shine/gloss it leaves is fantastic. Also it comes in a 35oz. bottle that makes it cheaper than most. I'm very impressed with this product and it is now my go to detail spray. I'll be driving up to Seattle from N. CA in Aug. so I plan on stopping by Griots flagship store in Tacoma (it's right off of I5) to find out if it can be purchased by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Is the 35ozs. concentrated? UWW+ is a 1/2 oz to 22ozs of water which makes it about .65 per 22ozs. A 16oz bottle makes 5 1/2 gallons of waterless wash. I use on the average of 12oz per wash or .35 cents a wash.
    No it's not a concentrate and also I made a mistake it's actually called Spray On Wash. Maybe not THE cheapest but the results are great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast