autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax

Great review!! I think I got this at Wal-Mart for around 8 bucks. I haven't had the chance to use it but from looking at the videos the UQW did an amazing job beading water off it. Keep up the Great work CEE DOG.

Post Thanks / Like

The Review Master does it again !!!! A TON of Info. Thanks for taking the time to do it and present it!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

And another great review Corey . I think Ag should make you the official product tester and Ag's official product reviewer .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Another masterpiece buddy! I think Ill go for the gallon Detailer line version.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great review Corey! Extremely well done review, as always. Optimum Car Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax are my two favorite spray waxes - they win at everything I want in a spray wax. If you get the chance, try UQW on the windows. It works great!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Another job excently done!!!! Thanks yet again for another very informative review/comparison!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You rule !!!

btw, a lot of the guys on MOL are dressing all of there exterior trim with the ultimate quick wax ! And it has been approved as an "off-label application" to do so by some of the higher ups (mods on MOL) at megs.

I didnt realize this stuff performs so well. I have a bottle, but I usually go by how i'm feeling that day. with the help of your "ultimate" reviews, you help prove what are the "ultimate" products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Great review!! I think I got this at Wal-Mart for around 8 bucks. I haven't had the chance to use it but from looking at the videos the UQW did an amazing job beading water off it. Keep up the Great work CEE DOG.
    YEAH , it was like the water was flashing off the panel ! crazy.

And the UQW test spot did look a lot brighter than the other area's as well. But this may have been do to the camera lighting and angle.

I think its interesting that the 2 sealant products were seen as being brighter by the reviewer (corey) over the 2 carnuba/polymer products. It kind of fits the description sealants reflect light better, and carnuba's have more of a warmer glow. I'm not sure if Corey realized the correlation when deciding which products looked the brightest on the panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdb917 View Post
    Great review. I'm sure it takes a considerable amount of time to put something of this nature together. The write-up alone takes a lot of effort, let alone the actual test(s).

UQW did extremely well in every category. The only category it did not take 1st or 2nd in was the "Most Streak Free Product". Considering you pitted it against a couple of the heavy weights (Pinnacle and Optimum) both in terms of price and reputation the results surprised me.

Again, thanks for putting this together.

Thank you for the kind words. I agree it was right there at the top in each category. In the streak free category I also mentioned this was basically a tie between the megs and DG. They were both easily applied streak free.
    The icing in the cake was that sheeting video this morning. That really won me over and erased any bias I may have had for may favorites going in.

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post

Thank you slickooz!! 8$ and a quality product for sure I'll do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    The Review Master does it again !!!! A TON of Info. Thanks for taking the time to do it and present it!

Thank you!! It was my pleasure and I'm glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    And another great review Corey . I think Ag should make you the official product tester and Ag's official product reviewer .

Thank you Adam!! I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this to you but I appreciate the warm welcome and education a few of you guys gave me when I joined AG. You, Dana, Ron, Tad, Al, Scott, and a few others (you guys know who you are) gave me an opportunity to feel like I can contribute something. Thanks for that buddy!

Oh, and I accept Thanks again Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Another masterpiece buddy! I think Ill go for the gallon Detailer line version.

Thanks Jim! You're a good friend and I'm glad you liked it. I blew it when I forgot I had that four star spray wax to add to the lineup though! Well at least now I have something to add to the next spray wax test

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wow, great review Corey! Extremely well done review, as always. Optimum Car Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax are my two favorite spray waxes - they win at everything I want in a spray wax. If you get the chance, try UQW on the windows. It works great!

Thanks for the kind words Shane! Thanks for the added tip and info as well. That sounds like a great idea on the windows!! I will definetly do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Another job excently done!!!! Thanks yet again for another very informative review/comparison!!!

Thanks Dr! I appreciate it. Btw: I used your Dodo sower power last weekend. I took pictures and some notes but there wasn't enough bugs or anything "stuck on" for me to feel like I could comment in full on cleaning ability. Therefore I am going to wash somebody elses car with it as well before I finish that review.

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    You rule !!!
    btw, a lot of the guys on MOL are dressing all of there exterior trim with the ultimate quick wax ! And it has been approved as an "off-label application" to do so by some of the higher ups (mods on MOL) at megs. I didnt realize this stuff performs so well. I have a bottle, but I usually go by how i'm feeling that day. with the help of your "ultimate" reviews, you help prove what are the "ultimate" products.

Thank you Mike!! Thanks for the tip on the exterior trim as well! A couple others mentioned this as well but I didn't know Megs specifically approved it. Thanks again for all the kind words!!

YEAH , it was like the water was flashing off the panel ! crazy.

And the UQW test spot did look a lot brighter than the other area's as well. But this may have been do to the camera lighting and angle.

I think its interesting that the 2 sealant products were seen as being brighter by the reviewer (corey) over the 2 carnuba/polymer products. It kind of fits the description sealants reflect light better, and carnuba's have more of a warmer glow. I'm not sure if Corey realized the correlation when deciding which products looked the brightest on the panel.

Yes the water jumping was wild! Even while the hose was hitting it!

You are correct about the lighting probably being the case on the video. I don't know if it would be noticeable on camera or not if the lighting was fair and even across all sections. They are so close it's just slight difference. The only reason that category was in the comparison was while doing the testing I started looking back and forth and noticed a slight difference in how bright the reflection was. If I hadn't noticed a differance at all I would have never mentioned it.

You are correct. I did not consider the correlation while jotting down my notes of the "brightness". Sometime between jotting them down and writing the review I did consider this.

Btw: Your 1Z wax review is not too far away. Thanks again for that as well.

Last edited by CEE DOG; 01-29-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Which product is this in the 1 gallon Mirror Glaze or Detailers line ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast