PDA

View Full Version : Attention everyone from New England!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Late last year there was some talk about having a get together at Gillette Stadium to meet one another, cook up some food, and maybe have a couple cold beverages.

Since the detailing season is upon us and those of us who detail for money weather it be part time or full time are going to be getting very busy. The sooner we can set a date to do this the better.

Plus if we can set a date we can perhaps get Meghan up here as well. She's originally from the area and she wants to be able to attend. The sooner we can let her know the date the sooner she can start harassing Max to let her get the time off.

So, let's get an idea of a date, I'm thinking maybe a Sunday in July or August? Give Meghan some time to wear Max down. We'd have to make sure there isn't a concert or soccer game going on at Gillette, since traffic will be horrendous.

Let me know who's in and I'll get a list going and start checking for dates.

Really looking forward to having this and being able to meet those from the area that I haven't met already or that weren't at DF (which I think was just Jim and myself).

DonMTV
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
What about some place that we could actually share the detailing spirit? I know Gillette is pretty cool as they have the restaurants and such, but what about a place that might have electrical, and water so that we could have our own detail fest to share tools, advice and whatever else we can think of? I was thinking about that today, so we could have shade to detail, and then maybe an area to show off?

Don
Clinton, MA.

suprachica79
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm in CT but if I can get this side job going, I'd love to come up for tips, techniques, and some company with people that have the same detailing passion that I do. I'll be subscribing to this thread for sure

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Jason,

I think that's a great idea!

Gillette Stadium would be an ideal place to meet. There's plenty of room there and this would give everyone an opportunity to meet, shake hands, and make a day of it.

If Meghan wanted to attend it would make the day all the better! Let's keep this thread alive to see what sort of numbers we'd be looking at...

I'll bring my Autogeek Banner!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/IMG_0159.jpg

We could call this Autogeek New England Fest!! :laughing:

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
If another venue is better I'd be all for it. I just figured that Gillette was an easy place for people to meet.

Any ideas of a different venue are welcome!

DonMTV
03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Would we want to just meet and talk shop, or could this be an opportunity to have a mini detail fest situation where we could actually check out products, tools, and share how to do things? Once that is figured out then finding a location would be easier. I am totally up for anything if I can get the day off. :)

Kristopher1129
03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm not really from Mass. But I ain't far at all. Saturday or sunday would be best for me. If it's a week day I won't be able to do it. I have a hard time scheduling week days off. My phone rings all day and every call I miss is money out the door. Especially in July or August.

I also like the idea of sharing products, tools, services, etc. I wouldn't mind showing some folks how to do headlight restores (if you don't already know how), or some of my favorite Malco products. Especially since Malco is a local distributor. I can bring my van down and have all my equipment right there. I also have the Mytee Lite II, and the Aztec Hot Rod extractor...people can try them both if they want. Also have the Tornador, foam cannon, and foam gun among other things. Yeah...I got some stuff, haha.

Plus, if the location doesn't have water and electric...I also could have that covered with my mobile unit.

DonMTV
03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
I would invite anyone from New England to chime in. :) I don't think it has to be MA people. Unless you are a Yankees fan. Then you are banned. LOL.

Don

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I would invite anyone from New England to chime in. :) I don't think it has to be MA people. Unless you are a Yankees fan. Then you are banned. LOL.

Don

Only if some of this goes on...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Kiss-Ass.gif

Kristopher1129
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Don

I like it! :dblthumb2: BANNED!!! haha

suprachica79
03-30-2011, 05:21 PM
come on guys, I'm a yankees fan, but I'm a chick, does that score any points? lol

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL I was actually thinking that if we do go to a location that doesn't have any electric or water and Kris does show up he's got us all covered! Just might have to throw him some money for gas since we'll end up using his generator all day.

I do like the idea of being able to use different tools and test things out. We can all bring some stuff and swamp around. I have the Vapor Clean Gaia and the new Flex PE14 (as does Bobby) that I can bring with me and test out.

So...I think that doing a mini detail fest type thing would be awesome if we could pull it off. Depending on how many people are going to be there we may need to actually get permission to be on the property, weather it be Gillette or another venue.

And of course anyone can show up weather your from MA or not. You just have to figure out the drive! And I'd prefer no Yankees fans! lol but now a days you can't get away from them. They are every where, so we may have to just maybe a separate section for them! lol.

Meghan
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
come on guys, I'm a yankees fan, but I'm a chick, does that score any points? lol

You can come but you must wear a Red Sox shirt the whole time, it's only fair!

Flash Gordon
03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
You can come but you must wear a Red Sox shirt the whole time, it's only fair!

Or a super tight Detail Fest t-shirt :idea:

Kristopher1129
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
LOL I was actually thinking that if we do go to a location that doesn't have any electric or water and Kris does show up he's got us all covered! Just might have to throw him some money for gas since we'll end up using his generator all day.

I do like the idea of being able to use different tools and test things out. We can all bring some stuff and swamp around. I have the Vapor Clean Gaia and the new Flex PE14 (as does Bobby) that I can bring with me and test out.

So...I think that doing a mini detail fest type thing would be awesome if we could pull it off. Depending on how many people are going to be there we may need to actually get permission to be on the property, weather it be Gillette or another venue.

And of course anyone can show up weather your from MA or not. You just have to figure out the drive! And I'd prefer no Yankees fans! lol but now a days you can't get away from them. They are every where, so we may have to just maybe a separate section for them! lol.

I think my generator runs for about 8 hours on a full tank. It only takes 4 gallons, ha. So that's not really a big deal. I'll just bring an extra 5 gallon thing of fuel. No big whoop.

It would probably be better to have a place with electric just so we don't have to listen to the generator all day, ha. But, we gotta do what we gotta do! We should have people bring some cars that need some lovin so we can share techniques and what not. Then at the end somebody has a detailed vehicle! That would be cool. :dblthumb2:

I'd like to donate my car, ha. You guys can have at it! lol