PDA

View Full Version : Attention everyone from New England!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 06:35 AM
And my car with the turbo kit would probably be at least 5xx rwp to start :)

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
You can do cat back exhaust and intake to support the turbo and won't void warranty because you arenttouching the catalytic converters, my tuner specializes in those ecotech motors :) could probably tune it without voiding the warranty ;)

The cat back exhaust I think I can do, but I'm pretty sure an intake will void the warranty...I need to figure that out.

mdb917
05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
LOL nice. Unfortunately, most of my detailing money goes to buying new equipment, products, etc. Not much goes in my pocket...but that's because I love buying things!

I do want to do some upgrades to my HHR SS that I bought. I want to get the Stage 1 turbo upgrade from GM (covered under my warranty). It's around $700 but will add an additional 40 horsepower to the car.

The cat back exhaust I think I can do, but I'm pretty sure an intake will void the warranty...I need to figure that out.

Congrats on the HHR...and now the modding begins, actually I'm not sure it ever stops. Im the MAN

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Congrats on the HHR...and now the modding begins, actually I'm not sure it ever stops. Im the MAN
LOL yeah your probably right! I tinted my rear bumper lights last night. Only because they were very easy to pop out. I plan on doing my tail lights and the front bumper lights as well. But those are more time consuming to get out.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/JPerrydore/HHRTinitedbumperlights.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/JPerrydore/HHRTinitedbumperlights2.jpg

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM

The modding definitely never stops haha, lights look good, I have the marker light in my front bumper tinted, what did you use ?

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
The modding definitely never stops haha, lights look good, I have the marker light in my front bumper tinted, what did you use ?

VHT Niteshades - 2 light coats and then 3 light coats of clear. I still need to wetsand it down and polish it. But need to pick up some 2000 grit sand paper.

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
The intake shouldn't void you warranty.. You're not messing with any of the emissions stuff and your leaving the factory MAF and IAT in place, should be all set but if just call and ask anyway.

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 08:51 AM
VHT Niteshades - 2 light coats and then 3 light coats of clear. I still need to wetsand it down and polish it. But need to pick up some 2000 grit sand paper.

Well def look good for not being complete yet, you shoulda seen my tailights when i first bought my car..they used VHT.. but didn't prep it, didn't clear it didn't sand it and it didn't polish them.. So had to get new ones

Before:
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee473/joeyxgx2/f9dce818.jpg

New lights and no spoiler, much better :)
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee473/joeyxgx2/dadeed8c.jpg

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Oh yeah those were pretty dull. Did you try wet sanding them down and polishing them? That might have at least made them look better.

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah those were pretty dull. Did you try wet sanding them down and polishing them? That might have at least made them look better.

Nah nuthin yet, I don't like the look of blacked out cars that have black paint.. maybe a little tint on the lights, but overall I like a clean factory look

I was thnking I could clean them wet sand and polish them and sell them make some money back

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Nah nuthin yet, I don't like the look of blacked out cars that have black paint.. maybe a little tint on the lights, but overall I like a clean factory look

I was thnking I could clean them wet sand and polish them and sell them make some money back

That's what I would do. At least make some money.

I don't mind the look of an all blacked out car if it's black, but I think it does need some color or something to break it up. Some times you can get away with it, but I know what you saying.

JCAuto Joe
05-19-2011, 07:07 PM
If it's done right I like it, and mine wasnt when i got it it, the paint on the wheels was peeling because they werent prepped either so ichave to sand blast them and respray them and sell those too, but I got a good deal on my car, so no worries.