autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Remember, I didn't create the software, just did my best to create a tutorial on how to use it. I use it everyday, but understand it can be confusing till you do it once or twice.

I'm going to guess I upload and insert more pictures than most people, more people than anyone I know actually, so it's second nature to me.

I think there's over 200 pictures in this thread alone in which I,

Renamed each file
    Cropped out the fluff
    Resized to 800 pixels wide
    Uploaded to the AG Gallery
    Inserted into the thread to make it "easy" for everyone to see the pictures

The problem with photo hosting sites like Photobucket is that most people use free accounts and plaster their pictures all over the Internet, then when they run out of free space, they simply delete pictures to make room for new pictures and everywhere this person plastered their pictures will then turn into a red x or a default graphic stating the picture has been deleted.

Kind of takes the value out of a thread.

I've taught hundreds of people how to use PhotoPost Gallery over the years, first at MOL and now here, if you want to call me when you're behind your computer I will be more than happy to walk you through how to upload pictures to your gallery.

To start with, e-mail me a picture you tried to upload and let me try as a way of troubleshooting...

I haven't uploaded a lot of pictures today but here's one I cropped and then uploaded and how have inserted for a second time today, so the system does work and PhotoPost is the Cadillac of photo hosting software for discussion forums. I have one myself on my personal discussion forum, ShowCarGarage.com

Always willing to lend a helping cyberhand...

Mike,
    Can I set up sub-folders in the gallery so that a set of a detail project or product review is separate from another? Can I change the name of the picture once uploaded or do I have to delete and reload the picture? Also, can I set up a folder that contains private pictures for friends rather than full public display?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Mike,
    Can I set up sub-folders in the gallery so that a set of a detail project or product review is separate from another? Can I change the name of the picture once uploaded or do I have to delete and reload the picture? Also, can I set up a folder that contains private pictures for friends rather than full public display?

You can set up dedicated folders, I don't believe you can rename the actual file as in change,

redpicture.jpg

to

bluepicture.jpg

You can edit any titles, descriptions, or tags.

And I know as an Admin I can set up private folders I don't know about members, I would have to change my status and check it out.

I know Photobucket and Flickr as well as other photo hosting companies offer these cool features and that's to their benefit. I have accounts on both Photobucket and Flickr but I own my own vBulletin forum with my own PhotoPost Gallery so I use that for my photos.

Again, the problem with these sites is "most" people only sign up for the free accounts and later delete photos they posted the URL Address to all over the Internet and then the pictures disappear from the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

You can set up dedicated folders, I don't believe you can rename the actual file as in change,

redpicture.jpg

to

bluepicture.jpg

You can edit any titles, descriptions, or tags.

And I know as an Admin I can set up private folders I don't know about members, I would have to change my status and check it out.

The uploading process and software capabilities seem to be a weakness. I personally don't keep a photobucket account, as I don't plan to upload photos everywhere on the net. It would be nice if I can figure out how to set up the different folders.

Thinking about it, I probably wouldn't want to rename pics as the linked images within threads might be deleted.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The uploading process and software capabilities seem to be a weakness. I personally don't keep a photobucket account, as I don't plan to upload photos everywhere on the net. It would be nice if I can figure out how to set up the different folders.

Thinking about it, I probably wouldn't want to rename pics as the linked images within threads might be deleted.

Thanks!
    Kurt, photobucket really is the easiest way to go for what you are wanting to do. With it you can even make folders within folders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Kurt, photobucket really is the easiest way to go for what you are wanting to do. With it you can even make folders within folders.
    Dwayne, How many images can you store in a free photobucket account?

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, How many images can you store in a free photobucket account?
    A bunch a WHOLE bunch I have 455 pictures and only used 15% of whats allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

A bunch a WHOLE bunch I have 455 pictures and only used 15% of whats allowed.
    Hmmm. That might be a good option then.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. That might be a good option then.
    Wouldn't hurt to try since its free Another nice thing is that you can upload multiple pictures at one Feel free to PM me with any photobucket questions.

Mike Phillips

Feel free to PM me with any photobucket questions.
    Or start a dedicated thread that will help everyone, members and lurkers into the future...

Post Thanks / Like

Or start a dedicated thread that will help everyone, members and lurkers into the future...

Any chance the AG photo gallery will get updated?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast