autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the shiniest ceramic coating with the nost glassy appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Is yours coming with those gloss black rimsWhat is the shiniest ceramic coating with the nost glassy appearance

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Who knows, Ford Australia haven't even released prices yet. So, I have a confirmed order, but not a confirmed spec or price. Madness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What did you find easier?

I thought with longer working times pure would be easier…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the way I work, I found Mohs to be easier to apply by a significant margin.

With Mohs, you apply it to an area and within a few seconds it flashes. You buff it right out and move on to the next area. If you are really impatient, you could probably wipe it off immediately after application and be OK. For me the flash time was long enough to set down the applicator, pick up my buffing towels, give it a quick look in the light, and start removing.

The long flash time with Pure and CQUK actually slows me down. On a really humid day I find myself standing around waiting for flashing. There have been times when I've applied the coating to most of one side of a car and I'm still waiting for it to fully flash. I'll do a quick swipe test to see if it has flashed enough for removal in several places and then start removing when ready. I loose a lot of time waiting and checking.

Without doing a scientific side-by-side on similar vehicles and a stop watch running, I'd say can do an application of Mohs at least 30% faster than CQUK or Pure. All are great coatings and have their place. Some people really like the long flash times and it works well with how they like to do an application. I'll still use them, but just know what I'm getting into when I open the bottle. Next spring will be the 2-year point for my application of Pure EVO and I will do it again I like it so much.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with Gyeon Pure Evo with its very high sio2 content (80% or 90% iirc), it's the glassiest (candy gloss) coating I could find for reasonable price.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm most likely going to put Mohs EVO on my new Mustang when it arrives. Not that I'm unhappy with Pure EVO, but I want the slicker feel and glassier look on solid red that Mohs will provide.
    Not sure how I missed the Mustang comment.... Congrats!

I'd love to drive a Mustang as a daily and leave my BRZ as the fun/track car, in a lottery scenario like Budget mentioned.

When you do get it, my advise it to take a very close look at panel and door alignment. In 2018 I was cross shopping high HP coupes and took a look at the Mustang at a local dealership. Of the 3~4 brand new GT's and the Bullit edition they had on the lot, not a single one had properly aligned body panels. The hoods were crooked, doors sagged and didn't align with the quarter panels, trunks were crooked, and in one case a quarter panel was so far out of alignment it made the the bumper facia pucker inward. Fantastic driving car, but some of the details gave me pause.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not sure how I missed the Mustang comment.... Congrats!

I'd love to drive a Mustang as a daily and leave my BRZ as the fun/track car, in a lottery scenario like Budget mentioned.

When you do get it, my advise it to take a very close look at panel and door alignment. In 2018 I was cross shopping high HP coupes and took a look at the Mustang at a local dealership. Of the 3~4 brand new GT's and the Bullit edition they had on the lot, not a single one had properly aligned body panels. The hoods were crooked, doors sagged and didn't align with the quarter panels, trunks were crooked, and in one case a quarter panel was so far out of alignment it made the the bumper facia pucker inward. Fantastic driving car, but some of the details gave me pause.
    Don't get me started on Ford's lack of quality control.

I tend to hack off the Mustang guys when I talk about the lack of quality, but I've lived with a Mustang for 6 years now, I feel like I'm qualified to make those comments. Ford are one of the longest running car companies in the world, and yet they just can't seem to figure out how to make cars properly. Mine has misaligned doors, trunk and hood, dust nibs in the paint, the interior panels are cheap and start to creak on hot days, and one of the side skirts was loose on delivery. The thick, black underbody rust proofing spray they apply to export cars is done so slap happy that many people have overspray onto the lower doors, wheels and bumpers.

Mustang's are not cheap cars anymore, and yet, my sisters Mazda 3 smashes the Mustang for material quality, body alignment and paint quality. Apparently with the S650, they delayed production to sort out the quality control issues. We shall see.

And it's not just a Mustang thing, it covers several models, and mostly the American made stuff. (Sorry, just stating the facts) The Edge (sold here as the Endura) were poorly made and had several electrical issues, many customers were given replacement cars, sometimes twice! The last model Mondeo (Fusion) had body alignment issues, and our previous gen Mondeo had flimsy interior construction and rear hatch alignment problems.

I LOVE Ford, but geez, sometimes they make it hard to keep the faith.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Jackismydog liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123