autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

Has anyone used Aenso's or Pure:est's tire dressings?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try Griots long lasting tire dressing?

Got a bottle with the Griots bag the guy I bought the chevelle from gave me and never tried.

Did it last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Wow! Great review. I'm really late to this party. Not sure how I missed the thread.

Based on your review, I'm really interested in Darkside. However, I still have to finish off my bottle of PERL. At 1:1 that stuff lasts forever. My all-time favorite is 253, so I'm torn as to go back to 253 or continue to try other products like the new Griots product or something like Darkside.

I found some of your results interesting:
    - 303 never worked great for me. Moisture like morning dew would leave tires looking streaky and it only seemed to last a few days at most.

- Optimum Tire Gel for me was terrible. The only tire dressing I've ever thrown away. It seemed to only last days in the dry and minutes in the wet. In one instance I dressed the tires and the car was rained on overnight. The next morning the side of the car exposed to the direct rain was totally free of dressing...washed off completely. Light moisture would leave the tires tiger striped from the water drops taking the dressing with it as they ran off the tire.

I'd suggest trying the Adams Graphene tire dressing. I can't speak to durability but application is easier than Turtle Wax and the look is glossy without looking like an oil slick and you can get it at Autozone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I'd suggest trying the Adams Graphene tire dressing. I can't speak to durability but application is easier than Turtle Wax and the look is glossy without looking like an oil slick and you can get it at Autozone.
    I've been thoroughly enjoying my Adam's. Your spot on with ease of use! Nice shine. Not to greasy and not satin. Kind of in between. And it lasts a good 2-3 weeks. Zero sling!

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I've been thoroughly enjoying my Adam's. Your spot on with ease of use! Nice shine. Not to greasy and not satin. Kind of in between. And it lasts a good 2-3 weeks. Zero sling!
    It's a brilliant product, probably my favorite product from the brand.

7. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad I bought a Gallon
    The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread-img_7233-jpg

9. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Off topic or on not.....I love how dressing looks when - fresh-. So I apply and I apply -often- when there is a drop off in looks. rain driving, etc - not that much of a concern or my radar when measuring durability. It's not like a LSP that will last at least a few months. So whether it be, 1/2/3 weeks, etc, I'm probably itching to just it a top off on week 2 already....

I generally go ballz deep with cleaning, and prep for the base coat maybe start of the season (thanksgiving on winters and early spring for summer shoes).
    In between those 2 dates, I'm just topping frequently..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Off topic or on not.....I love how dressing looks when - fresh-. So I apply and I apply -often- when there is a drop off in looks. rain driving, etc - not that much of a concern or my radar when measuring durability. It's not like a LSP that will last at least a few months. So whether it be, 1/2/3 weeks, etc, I'm probably itching to just it a top off on week 2 already....

I generally go ballz deep with cleaning, and new printing base coat maybe start of the season (thanksgiving on winters and early spring for summer shoes).
    In between those 2 dates, I'm just topping frequently..
    Are you doing any cleaning of the tires before topping?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll grab a bottle of APC 10:1 just to knock back whatever it on the surface and I will do 3-5 passes with a brush....

I happened to -top- my tires again today and revisited this thread.
    It's not like I won't do a deep clean in the middle of summer if it get's funky and I'm switching up to a new dressing I received or the like...

I just don't clean and dress as per of my personal regimen every time I dress rubber
    But I'm also the type that view cleaning tires as potential for mildly removing blooming agents.
    I don't spray and scrub , spray and scrub till the cows come home...rubbers cost almost 3K on summer which net's me 12K-15K miles...
    So while the bloom agents still will outlive the usability of tread life, my POV is cleaning rubber is not overly aggressive.
    Hence I prescribe to just top often and not -deep base clean- like many do.

13. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve realize when I say the dressing like DarkSide isn’t their I’m not clarifying it’s looks isn’t up to par for me. It’s still there. Tire looks clean. Still beading.

Just doesn’t look “dressed”. Realize even a coating isn’t going to give me that look so I’ve been applying DarkSide every two weeks.

Application still sucks but it’s nice stuff. Definitely will get 3-4,weeks of clean looking tire….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast