autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    ^^I see jescar is acrylic. I think it will be my first jescar product. Thanks Mike.
    Also remember your weather i no doubt believe the Guz got 4-6 weeks with DarkSide. I got 3. It is more to do with our difference in weather and traffic film.

Let us know how you get along with the Jescar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have starting using Jescar last summer. I like it. Fairly durable. I can't compare it to anything mentioned in this thread as I really only used Meguiar's tire products for years up until the Jescar.

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Also remember your weather i no doubt believe the Guz got 4-6 weeks with DarkSide. I got 3. It is more to do with our difference in weather and traffic film.

It also has to do with the tires, even the same brand tire can react differently to tire dressings.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

We had a wet winter this year and dark side still hung in for a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great review. I'm really late to this party. Not sure how I missed the thread.

Based on your review, I'm really interested in Darkside. However, I still have to finish off my bottle of PERL. At 1:1 that stuff lasts forever. My all-time favorite is 253, so I'm torn as to go back to 253 or continue to try other products like the new Griots product or something like Darkside.

I found some of your results interesting:
    - 303 never worked great for me. Moisture like morning dew would leave tires looking streaky and it only seemed to last a few days at most.

- Optimum Tire Gel for me was terrible. The only tire dressing I've ever thrown away. It seemed to only last days in the dry and minutes in the wet. In one instance I dressed the tires and the car was rained on overnight. The next morning the side of the car exposed to the direct rain was totally free of dressing...washed off completely. Light moisture would leave the tires tiger striped from the water drops taking the dressing with it as they ran off the tire.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Wow! Great review. I'm really late to this party. Not sure how I missed the thread.

Based on your review, I'm really interested in Darkside. However, I still have to finish off my bottle of PERL. At 1:1 that stuff lasts forever. My all-time favorite is 253, so I'm torn as to go back to 253 or continue to try other products like the new Griots product or something like Darkside.
    I prefer the more satin appearance of 253 but think I'll stick with the Griot's ceramic due to the better durability.

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I prefer the more satin appearance of 253 but think I'll stick with the Griot's ceramic due to the better durability.
    That is a good analogy. Used both. Love the looks of #253 but Griots wins for durability.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    That is a good analogy. Used both. Love the looks of #253 but Griots wins for durability.
    Those are pretty strong endorsements for the Griots since 253 was the most durable tire dressing I've used. You both are talking about durability in all weather conditions, right? Some seem to be pretty durable right up until the point they get wet and then either disappear or streak.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Those are pretty strong endorsements for the Griots since 253 was the most durable tire dressing I've used. You both are talking about durability in all weather conditions, right? Some seem to be pretty durable right up until the point they get wet and then either disappear or streak.
    I've been taking weekly photos to document durability, which I'll share at some point. It's been pretty dry lately but the current application has seen some rain while sitting and about an hour of rainy driving. Over time, the appearance does become less glossy/more 253-like but it doesn't just disappear. Next time, I could stick 253 on one tire as a control.

15. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Black Satin isn't a bad tire dressing. I didn't like the Griots high gloss dressing at all.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast