autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I gave DHL permission to deliver a new bottle of Polish Angel's High Gloss no signature required....it's expensive, but c'mon....it's not like an iPhone or a freight delivery

I'll be honest, I should have a ton left as I only did my bike, two coats.....but I wasn't quite sure what was meant by 'a little bit goes a long way'...i used way to much before I dialed in and realized, this stuff is slick as snot, spreads easily, and in fact...a little bit goes a long way

looking forward to doing my next wash and reapplying

2. Likes dgage, Big Dave, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dropped a full bottle of coating yesterday…oops. Another $60 to order a new one.

4. Dislikes Lance Mark disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=The Guz;1753377]Dropped a full bottle of coating yesterday…oops. Another $60 to order a new one.

Sorry to hear that Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Dropped a full bottle of coating yesterday…oops. Another $60 to order a new one.

It’s made out of diamonds. Should have broke the floorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    70' has quad, round headlights, last year for that and best looking muscle car ever...IMHOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Yeah when I was younger my thought was a 70 with a 71 rear bumper as I do find the rears of the 71-72 far more iconic.

Decided for the better against and decided on a 70 when I first started looking but could only find a couple when I was looking that were pretty basic and 350ci and I wanted a BB. And this was in WA, ID MT and OR.

For what people wanted for those I found the guy who own this on all places Craigslist. He was retiring moving to Texas and getting rid of all his toys.

I called him and offered top of my budget which was a lot less then he was asking. Not trying to low ball but what I had.

Luckily he wasn’t a social media or internet guy because it never made it pass local Craigslist.

Contacted a month later and he had no offers so he lowered price again. I went and drove it and it was a wrap. With my willingness to by that day he was nice enough to meet me in middle from his final asking price and my top of the mark.

Agreed woulda preferred a 70 but I couldn’t find one that someone didn’t think it was worth way more than it was (at the time). The all were in need of work and this was restored in 2007

Figured if any rust was painted over it would of showed up 12 years later.

Funny those buckets I did!t want to buy are now going for way more than what ever thought the market would bring.

Anyways that’s how I ended up with it. Well that and Covid figured if a weird virus was gonna kill me it was gonna do it in one of my dream cars…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk koi

8. Likes Big Dave, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today’s focus was applying Gtechniq G1 glass coating to the windshield (3 coats) and 1 coat to the back glass. I polished the windshield yesterday and then washed today before applying the coating. Also, applied two coats of Gyeon Tire dressing for the first time and I like the look, not so sure of application and we’ll see on durability. Oh, and washed the side glass with Griot’s Ceramic Glass Clesner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Ouch!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

So yesterday was THE day...finally, to coat the EN. I spent 9 hrs on the entire process, which was as follows:

-Brake Buster to clean the tires & wheels, all 4 brushes used. Sprayed the 4:1 ratio of Meg's HCW on the rims afterwards.

-Bilt-Hamber Touchless pre-wash

-Griot's Garage clay mix using Wolfgang Uber RW as clay lube

-TWHS Rapid Decon iron remover

-Dried the car

-GG3 & GG6 using orange pads w/303 Polish

-Bilt-Hamber Touchless, again

-Dried the car

-Gyeon PURE Evo

-TAC System Rain Coat glass coating

Now for the hard part...waiting a week to wash it as it's going to look "janky" up till then. I didn't even put anything on the tiresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sorry for the lack of pics, got in the groove and my battery died while listening to sports talk, probably a good thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes opie, Big Dave, DFB, Bosko, MisterSnoop and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just cleaned the windows on the FJ, there was bird crap on the windscreen, and I didn't realise till after I left the car park at work. All the squirters and wipers did was smear it, and still left a lump, fortunately it was on the passenger side. So I broke out the Krystal Klear Bubblegum Blitz and the glass cleaner sponge thing on the pole, and removed the crap, then did all the side glass as well. No pics as it's dark outside, it's already Wednesday night here, on the down hill to the weekend, yay.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

14. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that it matters but for the record, my 2nd wash was infact CarPro Descale, not Bilt-Hamber Touchless What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
Page 904 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 4048048548948958968978988999009019029039049059069079089099109119129139149541004 ... LastLast