autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing not drying

I have a good backstock of Duragloss #253. Always buy a few during a 25% off sale. After trying the TW on a whim, it may become my main tire dressing. It is that good.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those cleaning their tires with Tarminator, does this product foam up at all? I'm guessing the procedure would be to spray, scrub, and rinse, correct?

Also, how would using Tarminator compare to using something like SuperClean straight out of the bottle?

4. Likes Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss is stupid high priced up here

I might pick up a bottle of the TW and try it out too, after I give these tires a real good scrub with Tarminator.
    Also wondering about similar question to vaca22's above, Tarminator vs Simple Green or SuperClean etc...

It would be nice to get notifications of these replies, whats happening to this forum!!!
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    For those cleaning their tires with Tarminator, does this product foam up at all? I'm guessing the procedure would be to spray, scrub, and rinse, correct?

Also, how would using Tarminator compare to using something like SuperClean straight out of the bottle?
    Tarminator does not foam up at all. It's a solvent and tends to evaporate away.

Application is different also and be careful where you are spraying this product, it's strong. Unlike other tire cleaners, there is no scrubbing with a brush with this product, the cleaning is done by the chemical and the friction of a towel. I don't apply it directly to the tires to avoid potential overspray, rather I spray it into a towel and then go to town scrubbing the tire sideway. Any residue seems to evaporate away.

This video shows how to use this for tire prep. Note he is wearing gloves, you should too -
    OG Wheel & Tire Products - Stoner Tarminator - YouTube

You will destroy a towel doing this job -

Dressed with OG TD -

Same process here on these Michelin PS3's. These have been extremely resistant to a variety of strong tire cleaners including Wise Guy, Brake Buster at 100% and P&S Undressed. I cracked the sads and got out the Tarminator and boom, stripped rubber!

I'm not familiar with Super Clean, it's not something especially common in Australia, I'm assuming it's a high alkaline cleaner? As mentioned above, if you are having issues with getting tires squeaky clean, even after using a variety of high alkaline cleaners, then Tarminator is going to be a useful thing to have on hand. I love it.

It's also a really good thing to use for removing stubborn carbon deposits on exhaust tips.

7. Thanks dgage, Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes vaca22, dgage, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks! And thanks for the tip regarding carbon deposits!!

9. Likes Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with maybe tires not clean enough. I would recommend getting a drill brush. Available on the big A and Autogeek.

Works way better than hand scrubbing with a TufShine brush.

Also product seems to be 4-5 years old. Do they see frigid winters? All those factors could lead to product being bad.

The TW Hybrid acrylic is a solid product. One of my favorites is Tac Ststem tire coating. If you look at like a stout dressing instead of a coating it is a great product. Got a solid month from it.

I’ve been using some mixed 50/50 with Perl. Not quite as durable but looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the cleaning side of things. I would give the TWHS Tire prep cleaner a look. It is perfect for a prep before their tire dressing or any other dressing. Gets the tires surgically clean!

Hybrid Solutions Hyper Foam Wheel Cleaner & Tire Prep

On routine tire cleanings I use 3D YELLOW DEGREASER.

3D Yellow Degreaser 106 128 oz.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    On the cleaning side of things. I would give the TWHS Tire prep cleaner a look. It is perfect for a prep before their tire dressing or any other dressing. Gets the tires surgically clean!

Hybrid Solutions Hyper Foam Wheel Cleaner & Tire Prep

On routine tire cleanings I use 3D YELLOW DEGREASER.

3D Yellow Degreaser 106 128 oz.
    I picked up a bottle of the foaming tire cleaner today….wow! I wouldn’t use it for maintenance washes but for stripping anything on the tire….heck yea!

I also picked up a bottle of the Graphene tire coating too, worked pretty well, I’ll know in the morning if I really like it but so far it’s looking very good! This is after two coats, I added a third this evening!!

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

15. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Agreed with maybe tires not clean enough. I would recommend getting a drill brush. Available on the big A and Autogeek.

Works way better than hand scrubbing with a TufShine brush.

Also product seems to be 4-5 years old. Do they see frigid winters? All those factors could lead to product being bad.

The TW Hybrid acrylic is a solid product. One of my favorites is Tac Ststem tire coating. If you look at like a stout dressing instead of a coating it is a great product. Got a solid month from it.

I’ve been using some mixed 50/50 with Perl. Not quite as durable but looks great.

I've got a Yellow drill brush I got for carpets, but I think it's to stiff for carpet, so maybe I'll switch it to wheel duty.

These are all <3 yrs old (3 for the VRP, less then 1.5 for the Griots.) The products have never been frozen, they see cool temps about 45*F but never frozen.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I've got a Yellow drill brush I got for carpets, but I think it's to stiff for carpet, so maybe I'll switch it to wheel duty.

These are all <3 yrs old (3 for the VRP, less then 1.5 for the Griots.) The products have never been frozen, they see cool temps about 45*F but never frozen.
    Yeah from times you posted product should be good. I use yellow ones on tires and works well.

18. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast