autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The result of layering 4 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal...

Quote Originally Posted by RayBay30 View Post
    I tried it as an experiment and was glad I did. On a bright, sunny day the paint (especially black) will exhibit an extremely high degree of reflectivity and gloss. You will get noticed. I remember the day after I applied the final coat people--young, old, male, female, black, white, you name it...were all eyeballing my car. I don't think they ever saw paint quite like that before.
    Wow, maybe I should try something like this! I have never had that kind of attention before, but I haven't really paid too much attention to everyone else though as I don't really care about the looks I get.

Only people I ever notice looking at my car is the little rice rockets revving their engine at me. I like playing games with them though so I'll rev my engine back at them (I have a nice sounding Borla exhaust), watch them get all tensed up thinking I'm about to race them, then take off nice and slow when the light turns green and watch them peel out a little and speed off. Lots of fun there, my wife laughs real hard every time I do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The result of layering 4 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal...

Lol, I get people doing that too and also trying to race me! But my car gulps down fuel so I don't actually do it.

One or two coats of Wolfgang Seal and no doubt your car will look good. After three coats it will be amazing. Anything after that and the look will be surreal.

I remember a while back when I didn't have anything on my paint and just washed it clean with Meguiar's gold class. Nobody looked my way because nothing really stood out. When I used Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax it looked sharp but I didn't really notice many people looking.

Just a couple coats of Wolfgang Seal and it starts to register with people. I drove thru a university here and the college chicks were staring--hard. At stoplights I can feel drivers beside me checking out my side panels. Even a motorcycle cop was looking at my finish one day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123