autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2016 Mercedes GTS, The Nicest Car On the Road!!

I had the privilege to prep a new 2016 Mercedes GTS for a new customer. IMO this is the sweetest car i've ever seen. Unfortunitely it was very overcast and rainy, so my shots do no justice whatsoever.

Enjoy the ride, I know I sure did!!!

First up some DP Suds and a full wash

Next was IronX, and the old story stays the same, new cars can be full of Iron particles

Moving onto tires, I used DP tire cleaner, Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner and DP Tire Coating. I also clayed the wheels as there was some kind of unidentifiable grit all over the rims. Rims were then coated via airbrush with Pinnacle Black Label Wheel Coating.

Next was clay. Since the vehicle was silver I skipped the nanoskin mitt and went with straight up Pinnacle clay. Trying to get every last ounce of shine and advantage I can.

Onto the prep, lots of small vents and places dust can go. Also took out the PE8 with 1" pads for the sweet side panel fins. Everything about this car is awesome.

Here were the paint thickness readings

Before and after Pinnacle advanced finishing polish using a Flex 3401 and black LC flat hybrid pad

Next was prep of the paint for a coating with Pinnacle surface cleaning polish. I love how this stuff is effortless on and off. Used a lake country hand microfiber pad.

After coating application

Next onto the engine. The hood on this car is massive! Almost 600HP under that hood.

Next we concentrated on the interior cleaning everything as the owner gave the dealership strict orders not to touch a thing. First everything was wiped down using Sonax interior cleaner. It was then followed by Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating. It amazes me each time I do a cockpit with this stuff, as each one comes out better and better. Coating was allowed to dwell for 5 minutes and all high spots were wiped down with a Gray Supreme Microfiber Towel. The combination of suede, carbon, and aluminum makes this one of the sweetest interiors for a sports car. The interior literally popped like black paint!

Some more exterior shots of the final product. I hit the paint with Pinnacle Diamond Coating Booster, it added an additional shine for sure, but the paint lost some of that smooth feel which was a little surprising...but the customer wanted maximum shine, and I think we achieved that.

My favorite shot

Here's a care package I offer my customers who get a coating. Included is a carpro mitt, bucket with grit guard, guzzler drying towel, 8oz Black label shampoo, 8oz diamond coating detailer and 3 gold cobra microfiber towels.

Every customer leaves with a folder of their paint thickness readings, vehicle report sheet, pictures of the entire job, product handbooks with stickers identifying all products that were used on their vehicle, their invoice, some business cards and most important a personal note thanking them for allowing me the privilege to work on their vehicle,

As always thanks for viewing. Comments always welcomed and appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 Mercedes GTS, The Nicest Car On the Road!!

That's some top notch work! The car care package is an awesome idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! AWESOME!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing job on such a beautiful vehicle!

But I commend you more on the care package you provide and the folder you give them showing the information about their vehicle. But most importantly, the note you send thanking them for letting you detail their prized possession.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent write up and high quality detailing. Thanks for sharing that job.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome car and work. some great ideas for others that do this for a living.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Awesome car and work. some great ideas for others that do this for a living.
    Thanks Dave...providing great work isn't enough anymore...you have to show the customer some love to really differentiate yourself from the others. I ALWAYS do whatever the customer wants, no matter what, even if it means losing money. You'd be surprised how very few do that anymore. Most are obnoxious, rude and impossible to get ahold of. The only thing that can rival that "buying a new car feeling", is having it detailed the right way. My customers pay a lot of money for that feeling and deserve the best customer service I can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    Thanks Dave...providing great work isn't enough anymore...you have to show the customer some love to really differentiate yourself from the others. I ALWAYS do whatever the customer wants, no matter what, even if it means losing money. You'd be surprised how very few do that anymore. Most are obnoxious, rude and impossible to get ahold of. The only thing that can rival that "buying a new car feeling", is having it detailed the right way. My customers pay a lot of money for that feeling and deserve the best customer service I can provide.
    I just have to say that you do an awesome job and I really hope I can emulate some of your practices for my business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great work on that Benz. I really admire how some of you are able to document so much. The package of everything you do for the customer's records is top notch!

Post Thanks / Like

naturally, i love the car - a silver AMG anything appeals to be, but i particularly LOVE the GTS.

awesome work. i am really impressed with the extra mile stuff here, esp. the data. nice!
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast