autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint

Hey everyone! Just wanted to post some pics from my last detail job. My buddy's truck was a chore to work on but I really enjoyed it. The sides had been repainted since 1990 so they had a coat of clear applied but the roof and hood were still the original single stage paint. I followed the steps that Mike Phillips used on a single stage detail that he had posted on autotraderclassics.com.

The hood and roof of this truck was severely oxidized and using the Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze did the trick. I applied 4 coats to the entire truck. The first coat I let sit for 14 hours before I buffed it off. The truck's maroon color really popped and looked much deeper after the detail. I did it all by hand because I didn't want to risk messing up the paint with my PC DA polisher. I was happy with the results and I learned a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and view the pics. If you have any questions on what I did/used on the project I would love to share them. Thanks again!

-Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint-front_before1-jpg   1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint-front_after1-jpg   1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint-side_before1-jpg   1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint-side_after1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1990 Chevy Detail - Single Stage Paint

That came out very nice! Good job!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work considering you made it by hand, I am not sure how much it is oxidized but sometimes it is possible to get out more colour pigments & depth using the same Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze that you have used, only with the help of machine & wool pad.
    I love SS paint, it's very hard & durable, lasts for decades.

Your work reminds me Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1956 Series 62 I did 2 years ago, it was very neglected by the owner who brought it about 15Y ago as totally new from USA & left it in the open in his business parking, rain & sun in 10Y killed all the glory of this amazing car, then his son wanted to bring his bride to the wedding party & he asked me to "polish & wax" it...
    When I heard the story I almost wanted to cry or hit him in the face, but then I don't judge people especially for stupidity, so I took wool pad & started to work on the paint (I used the special nano polish & wax from a German company that on other SS paint cars made fantastic work in minutes), hours went by but nothing special really happened, there was almost nothing left to restore, sun & humidity took it all out, only shadows of previous light blue were crying...it was two tone Cadillac, I asked why you repainted only the roof, he said: to repaint the whole car is about 5000-10000$ only the roof was 2500$...well, I hope he learned his lesson forever what is Classic Car. Now he has new Cadillac Escalade with nice chrome wheels & a chauffeur...I seen him few months ago (he is a very good friend of my very good friend).
    I came when they spoke business, so my friend points to him.
    Marc, do you remember him
    The face looks familiar...
    It's Nimrod, you polished his Cadillac.
    What Cadillac?
    The blue one.
    Aha, hi...so what about it, did you repaint it?
    Not yet but it must be repainted.
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adam, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Nice transformation on the red Chevy!