autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

GMC Denali Interior Detail w/Wolfgang

Last week I detailed the inside of Meghan's new GMC Sierra Denali using a variety of different Wolfgang car care products, including the improved formula Leather Care Conditioner.

I started by cleaning the leather seats and other leather/plastic/vinyl interior surfaces using Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner. I like this cleaner a lot because it's strong enough to remove embedded dirt and stains while still being safe enough for sensitive finishes. It has a pleasant "citrus" fragrance that isn't overpowering.

To avoid over spray on unwanted surfaces, I like to bury the nozzle directly into a microfiber applicator pad. Microfiber applicators work great for cleaning interior surfaces because the nap of the towel/applicator provides the necessary agitation to remove stubborn stains.

Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner is formulated using natural citrus cleaning agents. It doesn't have any high-octane cleaners that will dry out or discolor the leather.

Excess cleaner was removed using a Mango Microfiber Towel. You don't want to use a thick, plus towel for interior cleaning because the towel will "drag" along the surface, and depending on the material this could cause the towel to lint and leave little fibers all over the place.

Once the seats were cleaned, I applied a liberal amount of Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner. The formula was recently improved to incorporate higher levels of lanolin and mink oil. This helps keep leather soft, supple, and flexible so it doesn't crack over time. Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner also contains UV inhibitors that prevent fading and discoloration.

I like to apply Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner with a foam applicator. Since Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner doesn't contain any harsh petroleum ingredients, silicones, or gloss agents, it's safe enough that you can apply it using your bare hand.

I even treated the leather steering wheel to a thin coat of Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner. This is a testament to the fact that the formula isn't greasy or sticky.

Armrests tend to get dirtier than other parts of the interior, so this is where I spent additional time applying the product thick and thoroughly massaging it into the leather. You're welcome Meghan.

It's also worth mentioning that Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner is actually beneficial to the stitching - it will not cause it to degrade like most petroleum-based protectants and conditioners.

Next up was the dashboard and door panels. I applied a thin coat of Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. This protectant is one of my favorites because it's thick, spreads thin, dries to the touch, and doesn't leave the surface blotchy.

I apply it the same way I do the cleaner - bury the nozzle into a microfiber applicator.

If you like it shiny, spread the product on and walk away. This is what it looks like immediately after being applied:

I know Meghan prefers more of a low-gloss, satin finish, so I lightly buffed the panel with a Mango Microfiber Towel.

Low-gloss, satin finish:

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant is water-based, so you don't have to worry about it attracting dust or dirt.

Finished product:

Step up the quality of your interior cleaners, protectants, and conditioners and check out Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, Leather Care Cleaner, and Leather Care Conditioner.

At Autogeek.net

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner

Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner

Microfiber Applicator Pad

Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels

Foam Wax Applicator

To purchase everything in a kit check out the...

Wolfgang Leather Care Cockpit Kit

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GMC Denali Interior Detail w/Wolfgang

Nick,

Because the leather in that GMC is painted/coated, do the lanolin and mink oil actually penetrate the surface?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Nick,

Because the leather in that GMC is painted/coated, do the lanolin and mink oil actually penetrate the surface?
    Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner was formulated with "coated" leather in mind, so yes it does penetrate and it is beneficial to the material. The UV inhibitors are especially beneficial for "coated" leather, because they help protect against fading and discoloration.

There was an obvious difference in the feel of the leather after applying the conditioner, meaning it is in fact doing something for the "coated" surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. Very nice products all working together.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, I will be getting the newly updated leather care conditioner by winning a giveaway on the sister forum. How often would you recommend applying it on a daily driver that sits outside most of the time?

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Nick
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nick, I will be getting the newly updated leather care conditioner by winning a giveaway on the sister forum. How often would you recommend applying it on a daily driver that sits outside most of the time?
    Frequent car care is easy car care...

With that being said, I would apply it every couple months, with a routine cleaning with every other application.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nick. I look forward to trying this product out soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the chance to use it this weekend. It's a very nice product. I applied it per the directions on the bottle which states to use a damp microfiber towel or applicator. I used a damp microfiber applicator after cleaning the leather and then buffed it after a few minutes.

It does leave a satin sheen to the leather but it does not feel slippery when getting in and out of the car. I like it after using it the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way you showed the products used in your pictures, they could have been used in an advertisement.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast