autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Worst Car on AG - Trashed and Neglected, Washed 2 Years Ago - V7 Hybrid, Collinite Marque D'Elegance, Collinite 845 (Many Pics)

[QUOTE=random;864851]Great job! I too am a weekend warrior detailing hobbyist. I have numerous friends and co-workers who don't take care of their daily drivers, so what you got isn't as uncommon as you might think. At best, tunnel car washes a couple of times a year is what these type of owners put their cars through.

IMO, knowing that your friend was going to sell the car, I would not have put as much effort into paint correction nor as many layers of protection. Even if your friend wasn't going to sell, I also wouldn't have put as much effort unless he starts taking proper care of the car. Sure, it's gratifying to see the results. It's just unfortunate the results won't last too long. [/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. An AIO may have been sufficient.
    A great job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Worst Car on AG - Trashed and Neglected, Washed 2 Years Ago - V7 Hybrid, Collinite Marque D'Elegance, Collinite 845 (Many Pics)

Good god Troy, what a mess. It's rare that I see a car in that condition but as you can attest to they're out there lurking in the shadows.....

What an exceptional job you did at bringing this car back to something far more than acceptable. WOW doesn't even describe the before and after shots!!

A truly great save!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that you charged allot for that job !

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, time flies - haven't seen this in a long time. Thanks for the comments!
    2011 Diamond White GMC Yukon SLT
    2010 Pearl White Nissan Sentra SR

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! And I'm glad to see you used V7 and did not get a lot if grief for the "non beading" others seem to see. I love the stuff along with their new soap...all sold on AG! Your buddy should have kept it for another 100k. Beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst car...hmm debatable haha! But the quality of your work quite superior and just all around amazing!

I wonder if you get that ugh ache too when your friend lets his/her car just go without maintaining it.2007 Ford Focus detailed by Rodney
    Last edited by Rod73; 04-28-2015 at 08:01 AM. Reason: insert hyperlink

Post Thanks / Like

First I wanna say Great Job!
    Second, I find it hilarious that most people here say it's rare to see a car like this. This is average for what comes into my shop, I'll try to find some before pictures of the worst ones I've done :
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

The Worst Car on AG - Trashed and Neglected, Washed 2 Years Ago - V7 Hybrid, Collinite Marque D'Elegance, Collinite 845 (Many Pics)-imageuploadedbyagonline1430227429-918081-jpg
    The swirls here are so bad that this black civic looks shiny white

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the white Lincoln that came in saturday that had green Moss coating every panel.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    First I wanna say Great Job!
    Second, I find it hilarious that most people here say it's rare to see a car like this. This is average for what comes into my shop, I'll try to find some before pictures of the worst ones I've done :
    When you are around people who when you ask what they wash their car with? The most common response is the rain. Or when even some of the few that take care of their cars have a completely different image of what a scratch is lol then us its definitely not uncommon to see some vehicles in horrid condition
    Last edited by Rod73; 04-28-2015 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typing error

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast