autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: are you enjoying car detailing? If not, try OPC - All mighty power clean

Great write-up and has me intetested in trying opc. Also I found reading your posts in a Gollum voice to be entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Sold! OPC on my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwlinc23 View Post
    Wow! Looks like I'll be trying some.
    give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    It's really the best all purpose cleaner out there and I love using it!
    I would say so, after trying quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by conthedon View Post
    nice! optimum is my favorite line of products. but you forgot sneakers! (I use it to clean up the bottom white sidewalls)
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ZEE BEST View Post
    I agree with you, KC!!!

Did you use it un-diluted for this thread?

i usually have 2-3 dilutions, for all above

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    What a variety of examples, very cool KC

all work no play makes jack a dull boy

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Liked your format and great way to show this product versatility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail_Dude View Post
    I am pretty sure OPC costs more than APC+, yet have never done a comparison. For the record, I use APC+ for all sorts of cleaning, like the OP did here with OPC
    yupp both are great stuff, but i found out it is much easier to wash my hands off with OPC & my hands doesn't etch as much too

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I was interested in this product after reading KC's detail of the brand new M5, the wheels came out great, so I decided to get a gallon myself but after seeing all this, well, i can't wait to get to my buddy's house this weekend and pick up my order which has a gallon of OPC in it. Now for wheels, should I go with the 3:1 ratio or 2:1?
    3:1 is great, at times i even uses 4 / 5:1

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    Sold! OPC on my next order.
    LOL..just try it no harm

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodJoe View Post
    Great write-up and has me intetested in trying opc. Also I found reading your posts in a Gollum voice to be entertaining.
    LOL

thanks for all your kind words
    Live life to its fullness!

Post Thanks / Like

KC, do you ever use it neat?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I just got OPC and did the 3:1 ratio and have first tried it on my seats yesterday......WOW! I sprayed it on, let it sit and wiped down with a MF towel and let the car sit in the sun while I was working and when I came back out to the car, it was VERY clean. The seats in my CR-Z get dirty pretty easily, so I look forward to using "Alien clean" from no on. Looking forward to trying it on my tires/wheels and engine bay as well! Thanks for the nickname for this KC, I'm hooked on calling it that, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    KC, do you ever use it neat?
    hardly, none of the the above shown uses neat

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just got OPC and did the 3:1 ratio and have first tried it on my seats yesterday......WOW! I sprayed it on, let it sit and wiped down with a MF towel and let the car sit in the sun while I was working and when I came back out to the car, it was VERY clean. The seats in my CR-Z get dirty pretty easily, so I look forward to using "Alien clean" from no on. Looking forward to trying it on my tires/wheels and engine bay as well! Thanks for the nickname for this KC, I'm hooked on calling it that, LOL!
    all honour & credit goes to the Awesome Inventor "Noble's Detailing Prize" Doc G

IS OPC SAFE FOR PAINT COMPARED WITH DEGREASERS FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS?

Optimum clearly states on their label that OPC is environmentally friendly, safe on all vehicle surfaces and SAFE FOR THE USER.

What about the other products from other manufacturers?

Let's compare the FACTS!

As an example.... and for illustration purposes only as the label and MSDS for this product is also readily available and it is also made in the USA.

while some SD is great for degreasing engine bays, it is not recommended for use on paint.

OPC:
    http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/msd...009%281%29.pdf

You will see that OPC is completely safe to use. No major health hazards, non flamable, no respiratory protection required, NOT HAZARDOUS TO TRANSPORT ACCORDING TO D.O.T. REGULATIONS, exempted from listing on the TSCA inventory of chemical substances, does not fall under Section 302, 304, 312 or 313 for toxic or hazardous chemicals AND under California State Law, I quote, "THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NO CHEMICALS LISTED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE SAFE DRINKING WATER AND TOXIC ENFORCEMENT ACT OF 1986 AS BEING KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER, BIRTH DEFECTS, OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM."

How much safer can a product be and yet still has such cleaning power?

What about the others' SD?

It is classified as a CORROSIVE LIQUID containing potassium hydroxide, it is a combustible liquid, has an S5 Poison schedule, is TOXIC TO AQUATIC ORGANISMS, several of the ingredients have listed toxicity levels. There is an entire section on ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION on Page 10 of the MSDS stating clearly DO NOT allow product to contaminate water and to dispose of the product properly as it is HIGHLY TOXIC to fish and other aquatic organisms. It is also classified as a Class 8 Corrosive material and has a Hazchem rating of: 2x and a Class 8 rating for dangerous goods for land, sea and air transport as well.

MSDS here:
    here

Chemwatch Hazard Rating:
    Body Contact: HIGH
    Toxicity: Moderate
    Chronic: Moderate

S5 Poison Schedule, combustible, is listed under the Australia Exposure Standards, components have a listed toxicity level, GROUP 3 CARCINOGEN!!!, listed as a COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID for transport labels.

Maybe one should take a close look at the MSDS sheets for all the products and decide which ones you want to use and which ones you might want to take some other precautionary measures with.

The entire list of Optimum's MSDS sheets are here:
    Optimum Car Care Products Australia : MSDS

IS OPC SAFE FOR PAINT COMPARED WITH DEGREASERS FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS?

Live life to its fullness!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this isn't too OT, but just wondering if this product can be used on "luxury vinyl plank" floors such as Mannington Adura?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang man... that's some versatile cleaner

Opti need to hire you as their advertisement manager!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So my wife can use it as nail polish remover, eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12