autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Supra Show Car Detail

I got the best contact last week. He is the president of the Utah Supra Club and he just recently re-aquired a car that he built and then sold three years ago. The new owner didn't take very good care of it at all and definitely left me with a lot of work. It has been a two day project so far, but hopefully it will be finished tomorrow. All I have finished right now is the engine, so check this beauty out. These are the specs on the car if there are any Supra fans out there.

The car had loads of overspray on it. It was like they painted the body kit while it was on the car. You can see some of it on the hood at this angle, but my camera wasn't picking everything up. The whole car was so rough that it just made John sick to even touch it.

It was looking a lot better after I got the overspray off. This is pretty naked paint in this picture, but at least all the overspray is gone.

There is a huge Supra show in Vegas at the end of September that he is going to. I am doing my best to make sure he comes back with a trophy from the Show & Shine. This car deserves the best I can give it. That is why it is getting 3 coats of Wolfgang before the show. I'll update with pictures after I get the paint polished and sealed. The interior still needs some love too.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good man, actually i myself got quite a good contact today as well. i went to detail this one guys new bmw for his wife, and i was planning on doing his old 850i. for those who dont know, those come with a slightly de-tuned motor thats in the mclaren f1's! anyways, he decided to bring his e30 m3 home instead! ill load pics tomorrow... the car is freaking SICK! he said its got 40K invested... i was ecstatic when i saw that in his garage...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car but I could do without the hood scoop and the chrome, but everyone is allowed to have what they like. Hopefully you will get the whole club to hire you to do their cars once they see how nice you do the presidents!! And Kelso, what a freaking garage... 850 and an e30 m3?! Sounds good to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the wheels are uncoated aluminum also, so save several hours for polishing and protecting.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    They are three piece wheels and the center piece is chromed. The guy he bought it from had the outer lip clear coated very poorly, so he is sending it off to be chromed as well. I don't even have to worry about it.

The hoodscoop is OEM on Supras, so not much choice there unless he wanted to buy an aftermarket hood. As for the polished stuff under the hood, well, obviously that isn't stock. When you have 650 HP at the rear wheels I guess it takes some polished aluminum to get you there.

He has been a gold mine of referals so far. Since Friday I have done his Suburban, Camry, and Corolla. Today I am doing his neighbor's boat and 330 Ci and his friend's black Supra. Members of the Utah Supra Club have come to my fall show before, so hopefully with the endorsement of their fearless leader I'll get in even better with them. There are worse things I could do than polish Supras the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do alot of Supras for Jeremy Blackwell of "Speed4Sale".
    I'm doing one this upcoming week that is owned by the author Anne Rice. It's a '95 with only 9k on the odometer. Price tag is 70k. It's black and I'm scared as hell.
    LOL.......not really!

I'm glad you landed that account. I will bring you more business along the way.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice detail!

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails
    The hoodscoop is OEM on Supras, so not much choice there unless he wanted to buy an aftermarket hood.
    Neither the non or turbo Supra's have a hood scoop from the factory.
    Black cars are easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope....not OEM at all.
    That's an aftermarket, non fuctional piece that is held in place by double sided tape.
    Look underneath the hood and you will see no opening for air.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine bay is killer Anthony,im sure you have enough CD2 to take care of it
    Congrats and good luck..

maybe someday i'll get those menus made up and land some sweet work my self,but for now me and the kids will continue to work the off/on ramp @ I-90 with are Mcdonalds cup J/K

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! That engine is clean enough to eat off of!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast