autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 Cadillac STS-V: Forum Fav Kit

Hello Everybody,
    I just recently received the 'Forum Favorite Kit' and decided to try it out on one of my cars. I have been posting in the 'Off-Topic' forum about this car as it has pretty bad swirling and etched waterspots. I'm going to be buying a flex in the near future, and hopefully i'll be able to learn enough about it to remove these defects . I apologize for not having any before pictures... i did take some, but apparently my camera and i weren't on the same page... they were all blurry . So here it is: 2006 Cadillac STS-V... black on black/tango (black and red) leather (with a supercharged 4.4l Northstar v-8 putting out 469hp factory ). 0-60 in 5 seconds, 13 flat 1/4 mile factory (at 4300 lbs too.. lol). This car has just under 15k miles on it, and more gadgets then i will ever know what to do with.. LOL... On to the pics:

After Klasse All-In-One and Klass and High Gloss Sealant Glaze (Step1 and 2):

After Souveran (all 3 steps complete):

Another from Step2 (AIO and Glaze):

And in the middle of step 3 (souveran on the hood.. fender all ready complete):

Now with all 3 steps complete:

closeup front with all 3 complete (notice the swirling ):

The rest of the pics are with all 3 steps complete:

(One of my favorite shots )

These shots are always fun.. this is the reflection off of the driver door (Open)

And now the reflection shot for the day (Again, notice the horrible swirls):

Please post thoughts/comments!
    I figured i would post the results as i LOVE the forum favorite kit... The AIO and the Sealant are somewhat of a pain to apply (not difficult, just have to remember to apply a THIN coat)... but applying the souveran on top of the other two is pure SEX... i didn't stop grinning the entire final step.. LOL. I am now a HUGE fan of all 3 products . I can't wait to get the flex and fix the defects and then see what this trio can do!

Thanks for looking!
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Cadillac STS-V: Forum Fav Kit

all I gotta say is you got my next dream car, perfect color, hardest on the upkeep but best when oh so shiny,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r0ckstrWS6 View Post
    all I gotta say is you got my next dream car, perfect color, hardest on the upkeep but best when oh so shiny,
    Thank you! I honestly did not expect to purchase it this soon (i'm 22 ), but my business is taking off and it was time to buy another car... it helped that the wife liked it too.. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently looking for a low mileage STSV , while I prefer Thunder Grey Chromaflair for everyday use and the single ebony interior, these cars are just understated wow !

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember my experiences with Souveran being like sex. As a matter of fact, it was nowhere close as good. Maybe I didn't massage it enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I am currently looking for a low mileage STSV , while I prefer Thunder Grey Chromaflair for everyday use and the single ebony interior, these cars are just understated wow !
    There are actually quite a few around... not many in that color though.. lol.. figures. I know where another black one is (i think the single ebony interior.. but i'm not sure)... not sure how close you are to phoenix az.... heck of a deal. Let me know if you want more info on it . I almost bought it, then they had a deal on it.. then i bought mine... and now the deal fell through on the other one.. LOL.. Should be around 6k miles on it is all. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

And, yes the car is amazing.. It is hands down the fastest most refined vehicle i've ever driven... soooo smooth! .

Post Thanks / Like

Love the car. I have seriously been looking into one of the STSV's or maybe a CTS but I like the size of the STS lol ok I will shut it. The car looks great, wonderful job

Post Thanks / Like

cadillac has some really badass looking cars out right now. i really like this body style

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice car, very nice results! I'm not sure if the Klasse Twins are forum favorites at all though. Both products are so ridiculous to buff off.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Any type of glaze is going to do some filling in of swirls.The real test is when the glaze wears off or do a IPA wipe down between coats and see if the swirls are still there.Haven't seen klass AIO remove any really bad swirls
    Lamborghini Broward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast