autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ::Optimum Auto Spa::

The owner of this beautiful jaspis green big turbo B5 A4 wanted the car properly cleaned after it sat while getting built. Since the car was outside it endured some cosmetic damage and a decent amount of buildup. We decided to do a wheel off detail which meant the wheels, brake calipers, and suspension were going to get a full refresh. The paint was cleaned up with a simple clay bar, polish, and wax. The owner was pleased with the results and one day turn around.

1999 A4 1.8T in for a complete overhaul.

Paint has visible flaws that need to be polished out. First step is to clar bar the entire vehicle including glass.

Clay bar, polish, wax. Paint feels soft and repels water. The carnauba wax brought out the metallic paint when in direct sunlight.

Wheels have built up brake dust on the inner faces and barrels. A quick spray of Adams all purpose cleaner and a good wheel brush will clean these right up.

Inner faces and barrels have been properly cleaned and sealed with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels. The sealant will repel brake dust and other deposits from adhering to the barrel.

The metallic gold faces were dried and treated with a carnauba based wax. The wax brought out the deep gold finish and will protect the face from dirt.

These Porsche Cayenne 18z calipers were sprayed with Sonax Wheel Cleaner to soften the built up brake dust.

Allowing the product to penetrate the dirt will make cleaning these massive 6 piston calipers much easier while keeping the powder coat from scratching.

The ST Coilovers were also cleaned up while treating the threads with cleaner and lubricant.

The lips on these OZ Vela 11 wheels were cleaned, sanded, polished, and sealed. Tires were cleaned with an all purpose cleaner and treated with Adams VRT.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one...

Post Thanks / Like

1 step...

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! A few of the cars you worked on I saw at local shows in the tristate area. On the last picture of the black Audi what did you use as a one step?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrm View Post
    Great job! A few of the cars you worked on I saw at local shows in the tristate area. On the last picture of the black Audi what did you use as a one step?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'm always running around to Cars & Coffee and a lot of the events in Englishtown. The B5, Golf R, and S4 are all friends of mine.

As far as the 1 step, I used a microfiber with some Megs... that paint was REALLY bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Holidays!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12