autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Big Foot iBrid Nano

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Do you seriously think that Rupes is purposely delaying the release of these machines..grow up man.
    Weren't these machines introduced at SEMA? I guess this is the problem with us having this forum window into what goes on at SEMA. SEMA is (partly) about OEM's telling retailers what is going to be available the following year--it's not a retail introduction (consumer) show, but apparently people think it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Weren't these machines introduced at SEMA? I guess this is the problem with us having this forum window into what goes on at SEMA. SEMA is (partly) about OEM's telling retailers what is going to be available the following year--it's not a retail introduction (consumer) show, but apparently people think it is.
    Yep. Same issue was happening in another thread with the Flex machine. Easy to get excited about the products but you have to remember exactly what you said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Do you seriously think that Rupes is purposely delaying the release of these machines..grow up man.
    We've been hearing about these for over 3 months now. If they were not ready to be released, they shouldn't have put the carrot out so early. I'm platy grown up, man. Mind your own business.

Post Thanks / Like

The "Carrot" got people talking.

The "Carrot" probably got some people to hold off on purchasing some other "let's get small" polisher and wait for the iBrid Nano.

Brilliant Marketing, that cost them almost nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure Rupes said from the beginning it was going to be spring till the Nano is released. It isnt like they keep pushing the release date back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    We've been hearing about these for over 3 months now. If they were not ready to be released, they shouldn't have put the carrot out so early. I'm platy grown up, man. Mind your own business.
    You posted a derogatory remark on an open forum which I believe was uncalled for and therefore made it my business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Im pretty sure Rupes said from the beginning it was going to be spring till the Nano is released. It isnt like they keep pushing the release date back.

Post Thanks / Like

Do not see anything wrong with the Rupes marketing strategy. Automobile companies put out information on new models far in advance of arrival on the showroom floor. Pre-launch marketing is quite common, Kickstarter comes to mind.
    2015 Audi S4 in Mythos Black Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

If only most people understood the complexity of these things - certifications, regulations, voltages, and much more have to be handled for every country .

Tooling, raw materials, production time and more have to be coordinated. Of course nothing can make it to the consumer without exhaustive testing for parts reliability, support materials, manuals, etc.

It's not so simple as "Hey! Let's make a polisher that's the first of its kind! -POOF!- here it is!" And we're done.

Then also consider if we didn't release info in advance how many people would complain we didn't let them know. "I wouldn't have bought the >insert other tool here< if I knew this was coming!".

Long story short - it's coming next month, which is exactly when we said it would from the very beginning. We know everyone is excited, but we also want to make sure everything is as it should be when it starts shipping. The wait will be worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    If only most people understood the complexity of these things - certifications, regulations, voltages, and much more have to be handled for every country .

Tooling, raw materials, production time and more have to be coordinated. Of course nothing can make it to the consumer without exhaustive testing for parts reliability, support materials, manuals, etc.

It's not so simple as "Hey! Let's make a polisher that's the first of its kind! -POOF!- here it is!" And we're done.

Then also consider if we didn't release info in advance how many people would complain we didn't let them know. "I wouldn't have bought the >insert other tool here< if I knew this was coming!".

Long story short - it's coming next month, which is exactly when we said it would from the very beginning. We know everyone is excited, but we also want to make sure everything is as it should be when it starts shipping. The wait will be worth it!
    And the majority of us are happy waiting if it means the same Rupes quality. I'd rather it get released the way it has happened so far. I absolutely put off getting another polisher because of it and I'm sure I'll be happy I did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast