autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Blue Rupes Pad

They do cut Mike, and very well.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had similar issues and followed the priming protocol which eliminated the major slinging.

Post Thanks / Like

To clarify - the priming step should include moderate to firm pressure, not light, with the stiffer blue or UHS foams.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave them another shot and still not liking them.
    They do cut like crazy as Mike said so I'm sure I'll save them for the worst of the worst or after wet sanding using 3k.
    I have a truck coming in today with a lot of scratches on the hood that will require sanding using 1000, 1500 followed by 3k

The Blue Rupes pad does cut so if you have never tried them please don't let my thoughts on them scare you off because they do work just not what I was looking for.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post

The Blue Rupes pad does cut so if you have never tried them please don't let my thoughts on them scare you off because they do work just not what I was looking for.

And the good news is there are so many choices when it comes to pads, products and tools and with enough testing and experience everyone finds a way that works for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the blue Rupe's pad either. They seem to scour the finish on most all but the hardest paint (ie. German cars). Forget about using them on Japanese paints. I gave up trying to use the blue 5.5" pad. Recently got a Mini kit and I'm getting the same results with the 100mm blue pad. I kept trying to make the best of these pads thinking that maybe they needed a break-in period, but they behave the same as when new. I also got Rupe's blue pads that are made from different foam. One has smaller pores but is stiffer and has different screen printing on the Velcro backing. Didn't know they changed their pad foams already.

SO are these supposed to finish out well?

I get along with the green and yellow pads fine, but so far I do not see what makes these pads such high quality to some people. I have had much better results from the Griot's and the new B&S HD pads. I hope B&S comes out with 100mm HD pads soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I don't get the blue Rupe's pad either. They seem to scour the finish on most all but the hardest paint (ie. German cars). Forget about using them on Japanese paints. I gave up trying to use the blue 5.5" pad. Recently got a Mini kit and I'm getting the same results with the 100mm blue pad. I kept trying to make the best of these pads thinking that maybe they needed a break-in period, but they behave the same as when new. I also got Rupe's blue pads that are made from different foam. One has smaller pores but is stiffer and has different screen printing on the Velcro backing. Didn't know they changed their pad foams already.

SO are these supposed to finish out well?

I get along with the green and yellow pads fine, but so far I do not see what makes these pads such high quality to some people. I have had much better results from the Griot's and the new B&S HD pads. I hope B&S comes out with 100mm HD pads soon.
    I've had the same experience, just can't seem to work the blue pad but have no issues at all with the green and yellow. I've given up on the blue but very happy with the green and yellow.

Post Thanks / Like

So is using the RUPES Zephir Quarts Gloss Compound the key to using the blue pad? I have several of the 4" and 5.5' blue pads and would really like to figure out why I am getting such bad hazing with them so I can use them. I tried shortening and lengthening the polishing set, tried harder pressure and totally let it free spin with little to no pressure, but I am still getting the hazing. I've been polishing cars for money for 15 years and own 8 polishers (skilled with a rotary) and bins of full of different pads so I am not new to polishing. I just can't get good results from that blue pad. So what's the secret if there is any?

I am using Menz FG400/SC300/SI1500, Scholls S3 Gold XXX, Megs M101/M100/M105/UC as my choices for compounds.

Are people getting good results with the blue pad and not using the RUPE'S compounds?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post

So is using the RUPES Zephir Quarts Gloss Compound the key to using the blue pad?

Are people getting good results with the blue pad and not using the RUPE'S compounds?

I wish you could be here in Autogeek's Show Car Garage because I think I could show you just how easy it is to get great results with the RUPES tools, pads and products.

I've never had a single issues with their system.

I've also used their tools and pads with Menzerna FG400, Pinnacle Advanced Compound and Wolfgang compound with zero issues.

Coming to Florida anytime soon?

Or Indianapolis?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The Blue Rupes Pad

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Coming to Florida anytime soon?

Or Indianapolis?

Oh boy....you just brought a "lurker" out of the shadows Mike...

What's going on in Indy? I'm in Fort Wayne, IN--I'm a manager at a fairly large detail center/carwash here. Would love to see you in action..

--Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast