autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New iBrid owner frustrated....what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Be patient. New tools need time to adjust and get use to. Less product and less pressure. Spread it around good and start on a slow speed then increase the speed if need be. Once you get a feel for it you will love it. I had zero issues with stalling and my main polisher is a 3401.
    I'll hang with it. Have no choice really.

I tried it on my decklid last night for practice and was able to get it to work. My main use for it is in tight areas on bumpers, around mirrors/doors and what not where I am unable to just muscle a larger unit into. I may end up using it as a rotary in those places like it or not as any stalling due to curves or what not will just tick me off. I swear if I would tried a 3401 years ago I would have never wasted time with a non forced rotation unit. Perhaps someday they'll make a mini DA Version. I'm surprised they haven't.

I'm going to try it out on the rear bumper of my car today in some tight areas to see which method works best. The upside to have a fully corrected car is awesome but I have to stretch to find an area that needs any love. Back there I may have a few marks.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I swear if I would tried a 3401 years ago I would have never wasted time with a non forced rotation unit. Perhaps someday they'll make a mini DA Version. I'm surprised they haven't.
    Some of us have been lobbying for a small Flex for at least a year now. I actually thought the most significant thing about the iBrid Nano was not the size or the ability to switch between DA and rotary, but the battery operation. I think that will be the trend to watch, as it has been with most power tools over the last number of years.

However, the success (or not) of the Nano will allow Rupes and other mfrs. to judge what this market for small machines is like, because we know that both the idea of having multiple machines and even the idea of machine polishing small areas (or polishing them at all) is fairly recent in the overall scheme of things.

When we see the dealer detail bay with not only the guy with a rotary and a dirty 8" wool pad working on the car, but also a guy with a PE-8 with a dirty 3" wool pad doing the tight spots, we can be sure the market is there for small machines, and we'll see more of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post

I'm going to try it out on the rear bumper of my car today in some tight areas to see which method works best. The upside to have a fully corrected car is awesome but I have to stretch to find an area that needs any love. Back there I may have a few marks.
    Maybe you could find some practice spots inside the trunk, doorjambs, paint on the underside of the hood, a neighbors car, countertop, appliance, shower door, etc.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you have not already seen this.

That's a nice video. Ya know I always set my tool bags down on the Ferraris when I work on them too. lol
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I recently picked up a short neck about 1.5 weeks ago on my busy detailing trip to Florida. I wasted no time putting it to use. Maybe I am used to my G21, but I really haven't experienced any issue with its correcting ability. It's just like a standard DA where you need to keep an eye on rotation and adjust accordingly.

It took me a few trys at it but I found on speed 5 with the 12mm throw it works great. I noticed a little bit of sling. I will say that the rotary mode slings a good bit.

To me this tool is a great asset to my aresnal. I sold my PE8 Kompakt.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Had to modify the case it comes with.After a while the foam loosens up and you have to search for things under the foam.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it just takes some practice. I use mine on every detail now. The first time I used too much polish and it slung everywhere. I use much less now - maybe 2 drops starting and reduce to 1 drop, polish smaller areas, little pressure, also spread the polish out on a low speed or with the machine turned off over your work area. Then gradually bring the speed up to your working speed. I find that produces very little to no sling. Agreed that the blue pad slings like crazy and also seems to degrade like crazy and I always see blue bits of pad flying everywhere lol.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

How much does this ibrid total package cost?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
    ya know i always set my tool bags down on the ferraris when i work on them too. Lol
    lolol!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Short neck is 560.00
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast