autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shampoo, DuraGloss 901 Comments

Sorry Guys, I don't have pics, but I wanted to encourage everyone to try DuraGloss' 901 shampoo. I feel it is very hard to hype, properly, a shampoo because the perception may be "Shampoos are just about all the same. How much difference can they make anyways?" I used DG901 for the first time today, and was thoroughly impressed. First, I must say, I have to give props to a fellow kind-hearted AG member sent it to me for free, along with many other DG products.
    The shampoo calls for one oz per three gallons. It is the suddsiest, creamiest, most lubricating shampoo I've used by far. Let me say "by far" one more time. My former shampoos were: Meg's Wash & Wax, HD Wash, Nanolex Revitalizing Shampoo, & many other OTC products. Let me say, DG901 smokes the one's I've tried so far. The shine was outstanding on my van afterwards. The shine was more than just noticable. The shine left behind was superior to anything I've tried. Let me say, I used a non-DuraGloss spray wax (I won't name which one) after the wash, and it kind-of killed DG's gloss from the shampoo.
    I feel, DuraGloss is a well-known brand amongst the older generation that the younger generation should come to know because their products are impressive, and DG doesn't put out any duds. For me, I stayed away from DG because the "Dura" in their name reminded me of the "Dura" in Duralast, from Autozone, which conjurs up in my mind "cheap & economical." Don't let the "Dura" in DuraGloss fool you and keep you from trying their products. You'll miss-out if you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampoo, DuraGloss 901 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Sorry Guys, I don't have pics, but I wanted to encourage everyone to try DuraGloss' 901 shampoo. I feel it is very hard to hype, properly, a shampoo because the perception may be "Shampoos are just about all the same. How much difference can they make anyways?" I used DG901 for the first time today, and was thoroughly impressed. First, I must say, I have to give props to a fellow kind-hearted AG member sent it to me for free, along with many other DG products.
    The shampoo calls for one oz per three gallons. It is the suddsiest, creamiest, most lubricating shampoo I've used by far. Let me say "by far" one more time. My former shampoos were: Meg's Wash & Wax, HD Wash, Nanolex Revitalizing Shampoo, & many other OTC products. Let me say, DG901 smokes the one's I've tried so far. The shine was outstanding on my van afterwards. The shine was more than just noticable. The shine left behind was superior to anything I've tried. Let me say, I used a non-DuraGloss spray wax (I won't name which one) after the wash, and it kind-of killed DG's gloss from the shampoo.
    I feel, DuraGloss is a well-known brand amongst the older generation that the younger generation should come to know because their products are impressive, and DG doesn't put out any duds. For me, I stayed away from DG because the "Dura" in their name reminded me of the "Dura" in Duralast, from Autozone, which conjurs up in my mind "cheap & economical." Don't let the "Dura" in DuraGloss fool you and keep you from trying their products. You'll miss-out if you do.

You can't go wrong with any Duragloss product. 901 is my go to and the scent is awesome.

Try some more you'll be hooked!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Whooooah whoah. What's so bad about economical? Isn't Duragloss economical? I personally don't think Duralast is cheap quality. I USED to work there, 6 or 7 years ago for over 6 years and I can count on my hands and feet the amount of defective out of the box items we had come back. Also with electrical items you can't just assume the "mechanic" back yard hack actually installed it properly and blew it instead of it being bad ootb. As for Duragloss GREAT PRODUCTS and you will get exactly what they advertise.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's one of the best soaps out there....but I thought it was an oz per gallon per the bottle? Maybe I'm getting old.

As for Autozone and the like - I stay away from their parts. Stick with factory or OEM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, DuraGloss is definitely economical, I'd say.
    It that whole, "Duralast, Duralast..." jingle I can hear in my head everytime I see DuraGloss written. Too funny...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Yes it's one of the best soaps out there....but I thought it was an oz per gallon per the bottle? Maybe I'm getting old.

As for Autozone and the like - I stay away from their parts. Stick with factory or OEM.
    Yes, you're right. One oz per gallon. I used 1 oz per 3 gallons and was impressed. It reminded me of super-expensive women's shampoo that smelled like cherries.

Post Thanks / Like

It does ok used with foam cannon too lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Try their rinseless wash. Best on the market in my opinion. Can't over hype DG products. Possibly the best bang for the buck in car care.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the DG junkie club. Everything they sell is top notch but no exotic name.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I'm with ya. Tried it for the first time this week and love it. Gonna be a go to soap from now on.

Enjoy!
    The secret to getting ahead, is getting started..... ~Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast