autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Pad Cleaner

Has anyone used this?

LINK

The label says it needs to be dilluted before use; but why does it come in a spray bottle? Is it pre-dilluted? It came with some pads I bought (bought a 'kit' that included it) and I'm not quite sure how to use it. The directions say to dillute it in a bucket and put the pads in the bucket; but I was confused as to why it's in a spray bottle! Or do they use the same label on un-dilluted bottles?
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Pad Cleaner

I love CG pad cleaner. Agree that the directions are a bit baffling. I cut it about 3:1 in a spray bottle and spray pads immediately after using them to keep product from drying in pads. When I am done with all pads for the day I put hot water in a bucket with a couple of ounces of undiluted pad cleaner and throw the pads in. I agitate them with a pad brush and let them soak for an hour or so then rinse them out with hot water in the sink. Squeezing them several times in the hot bucket before taking them out helps. After drying in a dish rack for a few hours they are like new.

A tip I learned on the forums is to put the wet pads after rinsing onto a MF towel and fold towel over and compress the pad letting MF absorb the water. Pads dry pretty quick after.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

The directions weren't necessarily confusing so much as the packaging. I was confused because it came in a spray bottle. Why would you package a product that needed to be diluted in a spray bottle? Maybe it saves a few cents in production or something, who knows. But it sounds like I DO need to dillute it. Cool, thanks! I had just wondered if I had somehow gotten some pre-dilluted variant in my 'kit'. But the label DOES say to dillute!
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

I probably bought the same kit. Haven't had a chance to use it yet though. I needed that question asked.

Post Thanks / Like

this pad cleaner is awesome! I havent used many but this is freaken awesome.
    I think its just standard for CG to throw in a sprayer with all their bottles.
    At $8.99, i just throw the sprayer on and use it straight. when i get to about half, i fill it back up with water and then once more. Saves me time from putting it in a different bottle, measure, label, etc.
    But i'm just kinda lazy, haha!
    you'll love this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Has anyone used this?

LINK

The label says it needs to be dilluted before use; but why does it come in a spray bottle? Is it pre-dilluted? It came with some pads I bought (bought a 'kit' that included it) and I'm not quite sure how to use it. The directions say to dillute it in a bucket and put the pads in the bucket; but I was confused as to why it's in a spray bottle! Or do they use the same label on un-dilluted bottles?
    The product I have [Foam & Wool Pad Cleaner] says it's a "cleaner and conditioner", the spray top is packaged in case you want to use (diluting as necessary) as a pad conditioner only. If I'm cleaning pads, I will put a 2-2.5 oz in 32-40 oz. of water in a bucket to wash. I have 3 bottles of the stuff and I LOVE it. The only thing it's ever had an issue with is fully cleaning Collinite #845 out of my black pad; outside of that I feel like it makes the pads better then they were when I pulled them out of the box

In fact, I have a review to do on it soon...

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it. Worked fine. I did about 3:1 as well

I also have used Griot's Garage Micro Fiber and Foam Pad Cleaner, works great IMO (worked great on those hex logic pads you mentioned earlier that hold too much product :-/ ) ---just checked, I can't find it on this website