autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Croftgate tire shine

Quote Originally Posted by bodavenport View Post
    Here is a pic with my F150 with Croftgate on it as well as a pic of my Mustang with it as well, I left it on my truck for an hour or so and then wiped it off while on my Mustang I wiped the excess off after 15 minutes or so. If you leave it on a while you get a high shine, take it off quickly and you have more of a matte finish. Does not sling very bad either.

Mustang

Hope this helps. I like the tire shine a lot.
    Looks ok on the Stang..can't really tell, but I hate shinny tires JMO. Looks like you ran over a puddle of oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    No, I can't say that I have.

I use these;

1. Pinnacle Black Onyx
    2. Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
    3. DP Gloss Tire Gel
    4. Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not as rich as the three above.

All of these are reasonably priced and are especially appealing when on sale!
    Good stuff. Have you tried PB Bold n Bright? I have a sample waiting to be used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Reveiw

when i used the Crofgate tire shine it was not this shiny. which is ok with me i like the matte look anyways
    Hey their you are! I remembered the truck in particular because it's a really nice truck. I had an '05 and loved it-wish i still had it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I had a XLT before and wanted the sunroof so I just got the FX4 a couple of months ago and now it has turned cold and my truck needs a buff job something terrible, but spring will come
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    Good stuff. Have you tried PB Bold n Bright? I have a sample waiting to be used.
    No I haven't but I'd be curious to see its results. I have a bunch of Poorboy's World products and like the way they perform.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodavenport View Post
    Here is a pic with my F150 with Croftgate on it as well as a pic of my Mustang with it as well, I left it on my truck for an hour or so and then wiped it off while on my Mustang I wiped the excess off after 15 minutes or so. If you leave it on a while you get a high shine, take it off quickly and you have more of a matte finish. Does not sling very bad either.

Mustang

Hope this helps. I like the tire shine a lot.

cool, thanks for your help. i have a customer that like the really wet look. i guess i would have to make sure to leave it sit there for a while before carrying it back to him. my concern is the sling factor. thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some of the Crofgate tire shine. It reminds me of chemical guys VRP. It leaves a very glossy but dry finish. Nice stuff if you like shine but hate silicone sling. Their sampler is a nice deal for twenty bucks. The spray bottles are amazing as is the tire shine. You also get two MF towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like it a lot, I have used a bunch of stuff over the years and right now it is my goto.
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems this topic was not active anymore. Just to share some experience with this product. It was recommended by my new tire installer. So just to have a try because there were a lot of dirt & grease both on new tires and wheels after the mounting.

Pros:
    - No smell.
    - the color of the liquid was milky white.
    - Not high glossy. (If you like)
    - Seems good waterless cleaner. (At lease can clean up the grease & dirt after tire mounting.

Cons:
    - the liquid is too thin. Not thick or gel enough like a coating.
    - Not glossy shine enough for tires especially for wheels like the other product.
    - Not quite that quick dry. Have to wait for an hour after heavy dressing for more shine. But still not completely dry type base.
    - Can't last for long. May be a week. Not to say after machine wash.
    - Waste a lot microfiber towels. Don't think microfiber towels can be washed and reuse after the dirty tires & wheels clean up. It's up to you.

I found this product was very much like the Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner. Both said could be used for dash or interior. It just left an oily type layer covering and won't completely dry. Could see marks when touched by finger. Easy washed away by high pressure water wash. It's too sticky so actually the brake dust and road dirt would stick on it easily.
    I used the sponge to dress one more coating to get more shine after the recommended Microfiber Towel wipe cleaning. But changed to flat black again after drove for a day.
    Not quite happy and what i expected for this product. I only used several times and still got a large bottle left. Hope it won't get my new tires brown later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petabyte View Post
    Seems this topic was not active anymore. Just to share some experience with this product. It was recommended by my new tire installer. So just to have a try because there were a lot of dirt & grease both on new tires and wheels after the mounting.

Pros:
    - No smell.
    - the color of the liquid was milky white.
    - Not high glossy. (If you like)
    - Seems good waterless cleaner. (At lease can clean up the grease & dirt after tire mounting.

Cons:
    - the liquid is too thin. Not thick or gel enough like a coating.
    - Not glossy shine enough for tires especially for wheels like the other product.
    - Not quite that quick dry. Have to wait for an hour after heavy dressing for more shine. But still not completely dry type base.
    - Can't last for long. May be a week. Not to say after machine wash.
    - Waste a lot microfiber towels. Don't think microfiber towels can be washed and reuse after the dirty tires & wheels clean up. It's up to you.

I found this product was very much like the Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner. Both said could be used for dash or interior. It just left an oily type layer covering and won't completely dry. Could see marks when touched by finger. Easy washed away by high pressure water wash. It's too sticky so actually the brake dust and road dirt would stick on it easily.
    I used the sponge to dress one more coating to get more shine after the recommended Microfiber Towel wipe cleaning. But changed to flat black again after drove for a day.
    Not quite happy and what i expected for this product. I only used several times and still got a large bottle left. Hope it won't get my new tires brown later.
    I absolutely love, love, love my Croftgate tire shine and didn't find a single Con you experienced. The tire shine is no sling, shines and reconditions rubber and plastics. Its the only product I will use on my tires, interior and exterior plastics.

Croftgate tire shine dries fast and no oily residue on my cars or customers cars. I certainly won't be one of those Croftgate users that will say this is the only product and nothing else. Ha ha ha.

It has been working amazing for me, my customers love how it looks and feels so if it ain't broke why fix it. Lol
    I have used other tire shine and plastic shines and by far Croftgate is top notch. 😎

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast