autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Wash with HydroFoam by CarPro

Once a month we host Autogeek Cars & Coffee at our headquarters in Stuart. It's the second Saturday of every month if you're interested in joining us.

Each Cars & Coffee features a Tech Session hosted by Mike Phillips that covers different topics. The tech sessions are held in the Autogeek Show Car Garage. Various topics are covered including how to use detailing clay, machine applying a wax with a DA polisher, how to inspect for scratches, and more.

The tech session for this month's Cars & Coffee, which is tomorrow, is going to be cosmetic engine detailing featuring BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant. The donor car is Penny's 2014 Subaru Forester, which is often used as a test bed for trying out new products. It's a sin to have a dirty car in the Show Car Garage, so I gave it a quick wash this morning using CarPro's newest product - HydroFoam.

What is CarPro HydroFoam?

CarPro HydroFoam combines the coating properties of hydrophilic glass fibers and fluoropolymers that CarPro Hydro2 is known for with a pH neutral foaming wash. You can now wash your car and coat with Hydro2 at the same time! The surfactants used in CarPro HydroFoam will gently lift and remove dirt from your paint, greatly reducing the risk of washing induced swirls. CarPro HydroFoam is the ultimate product when you need to save time, but still want that CarPro shine.

Sounds like a cool product to me!

How to use CarPro HydroFoam

There's a couple different ways of using CarPro HydroFoam. You can use it with a foam gun/foam cannon OR incorporate it into your traditional wash. Either way you dilute it 1 part concentrate to 9 parts water. Excuse me for the lack of photos, the Florida sun becomes brutal this time of year after 11 am and I was running out of shade, but I applied it using the second method. I diluted CarPro HydroFoam 1 part concentrate to 9 parts water in a 32 oz. bottle and then proceeded to pour it onto the wash mitt (as shown in CarPro's official video). I washed one panel at a time, then thoroughly rinsed it per the instructions.

CarPro recommends using their Wool Wash Mitt, but I decided to instead use a Synthetic Sheepskin Wash Pad. Why? Because Penny's car was filthy, and in my experience genuine wool wash mitts work best for maintaining a finish that's regularly washed. The synthetic wash pad is better suited for a dirty car like Penny's that sits outside 24/7/365.

Test Subject - 2014 Subaru Forester

Penny's Subaru sits outside 24/7/365, and it hasn't been detailed in quite some time. The last time it was touched was a few months ago when I tested and compared a few prototype cleaner waxes on various panels.

You can see by the lack of water beading that there is virtually no wax present on the hood. The rest of the car displayed similar beading, or lack there of.

Going off topic for just a moment...Iron X Lemon Scent and DP Tire Cleaner & Restorer annihilated several month's worth of brake dust and road grime.

HydroFoam created VERY nice tight, round water beads the moment it was rinsed off the surface. The beading characteristics reminded me of Hydro2.

Summary - CarPro HydroFoam

HydroFoam performed very well. It didn't streak and it rinsed off without an issue.

Penny's Subaru was left glossy and well protected. I'll get some beading shots next time it rains.

Two thumbs up.

CarPro HydroFoam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Wash with HydroFoam by CarPro

Looking forward to using mine! Nice write up

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Great review on an exciting new product, Nick! That's one lucky Penny

Can you just as easily use a dreadlock style mf wash mitt instead of a wool style mitt? And about this “hydroelectric bonding” effect caused by the water pressure. By using a pressure washer will you achieve increased hydroelectric bonding (vs a regular garden hose water pressure) and thus better results?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting indeed. Looks like the perfect wash to MAINTAIN a coated/waxed vehicle.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Question...

Could this in theory be used for a 100% touchless wash on a fully coated vehicle?
    Foam cannon with hydrofoam, rinse with 3000 psi pressure washer, blow dry.
    If washed once a week this sounds very practical
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Penny!!! Letting your car get this dirty, for shame... You owe Nick a beer! Quick Wash with HydroFoam by CarPro

Btw I need this stuff....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool product. If it's anything like Hydro2 I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Did y'all do a cannon,gun or bucket wash? I was wondering which would be best. I have a PW but do all my washes with a two or three bucket system.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful review Nick.

Looks like a surefire winner from CarPro.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the bucket was method on the BURBLE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick Wash with HydroFoam by CarPro-kimg0242_zpsa6762d6c-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast