autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on the new Blackfire Coating

I'm not very good at writing reviews but will do my best in giving you may thoughts on it.

First off this was my first ever to use a coating so nothing to compare it to.

Here goes...

I received a four ounce bottle of the BF Coating, one bottle of the BF prep spray, and two Lake Country Applicator Pads

First the prep spray..

It comes in a large bottle which can prep 2-3 cars.
    Has a nice scent to it, also works really well.
    A much needed prep product to assure any present last step is removed.
    The sprayer it comes with is very nice.
    I misted a panel at a time and wiped it off, It looked as though all oils were removed.

The BF Paint Coating..

I received a four ounce bottle, it states you can coat 3-4 cars, I don't see why it couldn't.

Using a Lake Countey Applicator Pad I first put down a small bead to get started, after the first few passes I only used 3-4 very small drops of the coating.

At first it was difficult to knock down the high spots, that was until I spoke with Cardaddy Tony, he explained to me what I was doing wrong, thanks a lot Tony.

Once I knew how to apply it and remove it I found it to be very easy to knock down any high spots.
    Being this was my first time in using a coating I can't compare it to the other coatings.

I found that only a very small amount of the coating was needed to do an entire car.

Flash time was pretty fast, under three minutes, temp in the shop was about 78 degrees with low humidity.

Once it flashed I found it to be very easy to knock down the high spots.

It leaves a very high gloss and a lot of reflection, it also left the paint very slick.
    I coated a 2015 Toyota Camry and a 2011 Chevy truck and still have about half of the four ounce bottle, enough two do to avg. size car, great value.

I found something that really helped me, before I starts to spread the coating I dabbed the small area I was working with, it left a nice uniform coat.

Below is a few pictures of the car and truck.

The truck....

I'll be ordering more of the BF Coating, love it.

If you have any questions about the products please ask.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My thoughts on the new Blackfire Coating

What were you doing wrong and what did you do to fix the problem with high spots?
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    What were you doing wrong and what did you do to fix the problem with high spots?
    ---> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...0211-help.html <---

^^^ Yes...Inquiring minds need to know... ^^^

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Glossy!

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed. Can't wait to read what you were doing wrong. And thanks Tony for helping help with it. Great info. to be shared.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post

At first I was coating too large of an area at once and waiting too long to take care of the high spots, like coating the entire hood then trying to knock down the high spots, that's when I called my friend Cardaddy.

So after doing the hood I did one panel at a time , waited for it to flash which was about 3-4 minutes then I knocked down the high spots and started on the next panel.

Working with a coating is easy if you know what your doing. Lol
    I don't consider myself a noob, I've done it all, saw it all, so I thought.

Like I said, I can't compare it to other coatings being the Blackfire Coating was my first.
    I'll say this though, the Blackfire will be my go to coating being how great the results were.
    If it works for you stick with it I say.

Jaw dropping results, the gloss just made me say "WOW"

Another good thing about the BF Coatng is how little it takes to do an entire car, I can see how one 4oz bottle can do up to four cars, all for a great price.
    All for $50.00, or you kidding mea,

I plan on doing my 2014 red Mirage.
    If I have time today I'll prep it, wash, clay, prep spray which is awesome and then the coating, I already know the coating will give me a wet look.

If any of you want to try doing your first coating try out the Blackfire Coating, you'll love it IMO
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the write up bro , and beautiful work , lots & lotsa Gloss ! I'm Not sure what Cure time is for this BF Coating ,but did you happen to spritz/pour a little water on one of them to see how it reacts?

Great Job !

Daren

Post Thanks / Like

How can your tell the Prep Spray is working? Is there a noticeable change in the appearance or feel in the surface? Can you see something on the applicator/buffing rag?

On multiple occasions, I read of "oils" left by a polish but have never been able to detect any myself. The surface usually feels smooth and dry when I finish polishing with no indications.

Ensuring the perfect prep is another reason I'm a little hesitant to try a coating. I'm not sure I'd get it right and end up not getting the full potential from the product.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Great results!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How can your tell the Prep Spray is working? Is there a noticeable change in the appearance or feel in the surface? Can you see something on the applicator/buffing rag?

On multiple occasions, I read of "oils" left by a polish but have never been able to detect any myself. The surface usually feels smooth and dry when I finish polishing with no indications.

Ensuring the perfect prep is another reason I'm a little hesitant to try a coating. I'm not sure I'd get it right and end up not getting the full potential from the product.
    Can't answer in regards to BF prep, but the DP coating prep had one big thing I noticed. That is, the paint would squeak when you'd wipe off with mf cloth, even when just lightly wiping. No polish (used for correction/abrasives), ever did that on a vehicle for me. If a portion of the paint didn't squeak, I'd go back and touch it up with the prep polish. Much more accurate and consistent ability to get the "squeak" when using a DA. I don't know if the squeak is attainable with the spray prep though, and I don't know that you'd want to use a DA with the spray...Sorry if this was a worthless post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast