autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

blackfire microfiber cleaner & restorer review

Washed a co-workers car last Saturday with some brand new towels + CG EcoSMart. His car was semi dirty, the towels look exactly like the Buff & Shine ones on here, but are heavier and 75/25. When I was done the blue side I used to clean were full of super dark black smudges that looked like I had used them to change oil. I'd ordered the BF cleaner but didn't have it yet, so I threw them in a 5 gallon bucket with hot water and some regular dish soap. Probably not the best stuff to soak them in, but better than nothing.

They sat in the bucket until yesterday when I got the cleaner in the mail. It was 5 16x16 700gsm towels in the load and I used 3oz of cleaner with the washer set on cold/warm. Now I know these towels had only been used once, but I was expecting them to come out with at least a few signs of black still on them. To my surprise they came out looking like they'd never been used.

I can't comment on the softness as they're at home in the dryer on tumble with no heat. I didn't add vinegar for the last rinse cycle. Overall even for a 1st washing I'm impressed, with the Tide I normally use no way would all the dirt have came out like this. I'll probably take some before and afters with my next use. They'll be strictly waterless washe towels so they'll be getting nice and dirty on a regular basis.

Overall I'm impressed and if this is how the product will continue to work I'll be ordering it by the gallon. I haven't used the CG or any other microfiber wash to compare it to, but I know how well it worked here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: blackfire microfiber cleaner & restorer review

Very nice review I haven't tried the blackfire microfiber cleaner yet only the chemical guys one but from your review ill definitely be willing to try this product

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to try the CG stuff, it's $20 less for the gallon which is a big difference. I bet the pre-treating's more important than which soap you use.

Googling reviews of different microfiber washes people are having results all over the place. I should probably have mentioned in my review I have a whatever middle of the line top loading washer that's not HE. It's definitely not an elite washing machine. I'm wondering if I soak them immidately after I use them how long I can expect them to come out this clean after washing. I sunk a good chunk of money into towels for my business and will be thrilled if these results will hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

Most towels no matter how soon you wash them will become darker in color or stained permanently but it don't mean that they are bad they still have use but a suggestion would be once they become stained permanently just keep them a use them for the more dirty parts of your detailing journey...just my eight cents

Post Thanks / Like

I like Blackfire but also want to try Wolfgang.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using BF for awhile myself. I'm also going with the pre-treating making a big difference. Others have reported and I'm seeing it myself that drying towels are loosing their absorbency with BF detergent. Regular laundry detergent has brought it back so it has to be the BF detergent leaving something behind and I always double rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some 3D towel kleen. $16 for a gallon and works perfectly every time. Save your money.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    I've been using BF for awhile myself. I'm also going with the pre-treating making a big difference. Others have reported and I'm seeing it myself that drying towels are loosing their absorbency with BF detergent. Regular laundry detergent has brought it back so it has to be the BF detergent leaving something behind and I always double rinse.
    I have not experienced any build up. There are obviously variables that cause the different experiences people have. With BF, I did not have to add vinegar.
    Al
    The Need to Bead