autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvd0cT8ubeM]Sonax Polymer Netshield beading sheeting - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

This looks pretty impressive. I've been using Colli 845 for so long and nothing else that I'm really anxious about trying new protection products and this one has peaked my curiosity--especially hearing that it can be a coating topper.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the most incredible example of sheeting (surface tension) that I've ever seen...including the few coatings I've tried. If that doesn't convince folks that sheeting trumps beading EVERY time, nothing will. The car was practically dry after running water over it.

Simply outstanding!..and it looks almost carnuba like as well...
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

That did it! Sheeting is in, beading is out! I've got to get me some of this stuff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome I might try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on my car for three months. It does sheet rapidly during rain but it will leave behind enough beads to look as if a high end wax has been used. Class leading water behavior, adds significant gloss to the paint, anti static to a good extent. Exceptional LSP in most respects.

Post Thanks / Like

The other day I received the Net Shield and the Sonax quick detailer to go along with it. I followed all the instructions I've learned here and at other sites. There is no way to spread this stuff smoothly - it wants to grab the paint regardless if you apply it with a microfiber pad or sponge pad (my car was washed and prepped with P21S Paintwork Cleanser). There is also no way to buff it off without also grabbing. I used it sparingly, did only a small section square at a time and buffed it off right away. I tried fine napped sealant removal towels (Griot's), medium (Meguiars Supreme Shine) and plush (Chinchillas) all to no avail - everything wanted to grab and I was unable to put it on or take it off smoothly no matter what I tried.

I won't use Brilliant Shine detailer until after the first wash so I can't comment on how slick or not it is. As far as looks I have to say that after two coats (15 hours apart) it looked no better or worse than a dozen other products. It was nice but not a "WOW" factor kind of product. Net Shield may bead great and protect for a long time but there are other products that do the same with easier application, not to mention at a much lower price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    The other day I received the Net Shield and the Sonax quick detailer to go along with it. I followed all the instructions I've learned here and at other sites. There is no way to spread this stuff smoothly - it wants to grab the paint regardless if you apply it with a microfiber pad or sponge pad (my car was washed and prepped with P21S Paintwork Cleanser). There is also no way to buff it off without also grabbing. I used it sparingly, did only a small section square at a time and buffed it off right away. I tried fine napped sealant removal towels (Griot's), medium (Meguiars Supreme Shine) and plush (Chinchillas) all to no avail - everything wanted to grab and I was unable to put it on or take it off smoothly no matter what I tried.

I won't use Brilliant Shine detailer until after the first wash so I can't comment on how slick or not it is. As far as looks I have to say that after two coats (15 hours apart) it looked no better or worse than a dozen other products. It was nice but not a "WOW" factor kind of product. Net Shield may bead great and protect for a long time but there are other products that do the same with easier application, not to mention at a much lower price.
    Brilliant Shine Detailer is not very user-friendly, either. It has a thick consistency and does not apply or remove like a traditional QD. I've started applying it with a well wrung out, damp MF towel (with distilled water is possible) then follow up with a dry one. It makes application and removal much faster and easier.

Regarding PNS, yes it's an even bigger pita to apply and remove. I get the best results when using a MF applicator. I've though about trying it damp like the Brilliant Shine, but I think it may affect the durability. I'm gonna try it next time, though. Also, after removal I spritz the panel with distilled water and go over it. This spreads the polymers and clears out the finish nicely. I also though about spritzing the panel before removing PNS to see if it lessens the drag. I'll try that next time, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Sonax BSD on my lawnmower and it worked great--no difficult buffing or anything. I would note a couple things:

1) BSD is actually more like a spray sealant than QD
    2) It goes on a lot like Mother Showtime in that it's a little more viscous than something like Megs UQD or CG's V7. A lot of reviewers remark about not liking it, but I didn't mind it.
    3) BSD does not feel "slick" like other QD's; that may bother some, but the protection is there and the water beading/sheeting is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys. I really think that idea of a damp microfiber just might be the ticket. I will have to try it next time. If I get the same "grabby" reaction from the BSD I will try it with the damp towel as well. I really want to like these products because I have a Mercedes that I ordered with that $1600 option "diamond" paint; they say these Sonax products were made with this paint in mind.

When I use the Wolfgang Spritz, CG's V7, Lucas Slick Mist and AquaWax, among others, they all just glide on the surface and are a pleasure to use. They may not bead or sheet quite as well as Sonax BSD, or last as long but I use these products so frequently (after nearly every weekly wash) that longevity is easily trumped by ease of use.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast