autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 27 : Eco Touch Premium Car Care - Window Clear Review

Official Product Description - sourced

You want to clean your windows without inhaling toxic ammonia fumes. And you want a product that works. No streaking. Great shine. Window Clear combines plant-derived ingredients and natural minerals to easily dissolve bugs, fingerprints and more. You're clear and so are we. So go ahead, Eco Touch the glass in your world.

Features & Benefits:
    • cleans and shines without streaking
    • no ammonia or alcohol
    • safe for tinted windows, glass and mirrors
    • automotive and household use

Directions:
    1. Spray directly onto surface.
    2. For a lustrous shine, wipe with a dry Eco Touch microfiber towel

All ingredients:
    Filtered water, coconut-derived surfactant blend (for cleaning: cocamidopropyl betaine), sodium citrate (pH builder), preservative (less than .05%).

Packaging:
    Bottle from #2 polyethylene. Sprayer from blend of polyethylene/polypropylene. Both are 100% recyclable.

What do I like about this? Basically a natural formula that is made in the USA, and 100% recyclable, I'm not super green, but I like to do my part when I can, I also try to support American made products.
    I've been using Window Clear for ~a year now and enjoy it thoroughly , it is the least chemical feeling / smelling glass cleaner you'll find in my opinion.

Waterless Washed this vehicle including the windows, but to take it a step further I stayed within the line and bumped it up with Eco Touch Window Clear

this is also the window cleaner that I trust in my car show to go bucket

Final thoughts.. For personal users and part time professionals this could be an awesome glass cleaner for you, however if you are pretty high volume a glass cleaner like Meg's d120 might be better suited for you, coming in a gallon size that dilutes 1:10, personally I don't enjoy working with Meg's d120 as its very "chemically" and the odor is nice at first but then becomes a bit overbearing in my opinion, Window Clear is odorless, if size is an issue Window Clear is offered in larger sizes. As we all know Glass Cleaners that are properly used last a long time, would I recommend this product? Highly, Great product from a great company, american made, recyclable, green product, priced very reasonably thumbs up in my book!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 27 : Eco Touch Premium Car Care - Window Clear Review

Nice review SON1C. I have been using Chemical Guys Glassworkz but I really dont like the smell too much.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    Nice review SON1C. I have been using Chemical Guys Glassworkz but I really dont like the smell too much.
    I have glassworkz as well, I find it a mediocre glass cleaner like yeah it works but room for improvement I've been meaning to put together a full review on it
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

SON1C, I think you are right about glassworkz. I dont like it but can't put my finger on exactly why. I have tried it full strength and diluted 1:4 like the description says you can do. I remember using stoners invisable glass in the past and liking that much better. Ecotouch sounds like a winner though!
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

SON1C, I think you are right about glassworkz. I dont like it but can't put my finger on exactly why. I have tried it full strength and diluted 1:4 like the description says you can do. I remember using stoners invisable glass in the past and liking that much better. Ecotouch sounds like a winner though!
    lol I'm glad we're on the same page, it's hard to explain but exactly like you feel.. I just don't like it, I have mine 1:1, I feel stoners is the staple of how a glass cleaner should perform

Post Thanks / Like

Just recently tried Stoners, great stuff! When that's gone, will give Eco Touch cleaner a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I was also slightly disappointed with Glassworkz. I like the smell, but i find its application to be kind of grabby...almost like it's a little sticky on the glass surface. My clear favorite is the 1Z Windscreen Clear...much easier to wipe and least likely to leave streaks than anything else I've used. I might have to try to Eco Touch as I too would like to support an American-made product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartman57 View Post
    Just recently tried Stoners, great stuff! When that's gone, will give Eco Touch cleaner a try.
    I'd give it a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I was also slightly disappointed with Glassworkz. I like the smell, but i find its application to be kind of grabby...almost like it's a little sticky on the glass surface. My clear favorite is the 1Z Windscreen Clear...much easier to wipe and least likely to leave streaks than anything else I've used. I might have to try to Eco Touch as I too would like to support an American-made product
    correction I have window clean**
    however I feel the same as you guys do about window clean, I have never used that 1z product, glad its working great for you however, I'd say give their window cleaner and especially tire shine a try (its not the ultimate tire and trim product, but I find it a great bang for buck product that you can rely on)
    SON1C Synopsis 23 : Eco Touch Premium Car Care - Tire Shine Review
    Go USA!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that stuff is terrible!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    I think that stuff is terrible!
    lol, elaborate?