autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Introduction:

I received a surprise package from Nick this week containing new Pinnacle products. Those of you who follow me on the sister forum know I rinseless wash my cars almost exclusively and often, depending on circumstance, do my customers' cars. I actually prefer rinseless washing (with the technique below) to traditional washing. And, combined with foaming, think I get the best of all worlds in terms of cleaning, paint safety, economy of product, time spent and results. So, when one of these turned out to be a rinseless wash, I was pumped.

Thanks to Corey again for providing the format and thanks to Nick & Autogeek for providing the product.

Product:

Product Claims:

From Autogeek.net site - Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba, no rinse car wash, eco friendly car wash products

"Wash and wax your car the environmentally friendly way!

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba builds upon the idea of washing your car the environmentally friendly way and takes it a step further by incorporating high-gloss carnauba wax! Rinseless car washes are becoming more popular all over the world as a result of water restrictions and consideration for the environment. A rinseless car wash only requires a couple gallons of water and can be performed virtually anywhere. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba fuses high-grade carnauba wax with its high-lubricity formula to provide a just-waxed shine after each wash!

Blue Gold
    We use the term Black Gold to refer to underground petroleum oil, Blue Gold is the new term for underground clean water supplies around the world. The trend for water conservation is strong and growing meaning we all need to find ways to get our cars clean using products and techniques not dependent upon a free flowing source of water. This poses a challenge in regard to maintaining a clean vehicle without using a tremendous amount of water.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is the ideal formula for a variety of situations. Many regions suffer from drought regularly, triggering government sanctioned restrictions on water usage. Additionally, some communities actually prohibit traditional car washing methods. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is also ideal for use during travel, when access to a free flowing source of water is not possible.

Perfect for garage use
    Cold, or otherwise foul weather can take the fun out of your car maintenance routine. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba makes it easier to get your car clean inside your garage or shop. This is especially ideal during the harsh winter months when it’s simply too cold to wash your car in your driveway. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba requires only a bucket, some clean microfiber towels and just a few gallons of water, making it the obvious choice when traditional car washing is not possible.

Quick and easy
    Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba enables you to safely and quickly wash your car panel by panel while using a minimal amount of water. What sets Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba apart from other rinseless car wash products is the high grade carnauba wax that leaves a smooth, glossy finish after each wash. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba Wax not only cleans your vehicle, it protects it too!

Performing a rinseless car wash is quicker and easier than you think. Simply follow the step by step instructions and you’ll be ready to hit the road in your clean shiny car.

Getting Started

Add 2 gallons of water to a clean, tall bucket.
    Add one ounce of Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba to two gallons of water. For extra soiled vehicles, add an extra ounce per gallon for more lubricity.
    Add 3-4 gallons of water to a clean, tall bucket. This will be your rinse bucket.

After washing a panel, dry it using a Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel

To reduce the possibility of wash-induced swirl marks, we recommend using a Grit Guard Insert in the bottom of your rinse bucket. The Grit Guard Insert is designed to trap all the loosened dirt coming off your washing towel or mitt onto the bottom of the bucket so you don’t accidently transfer the removed dirt to the next panel you wash.

Plenty of drying towels
    Have a good supply of clean, dry Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towels on hand and ready to use. The key to safely performing a rinseless car wash is always having a clean towel to safely dry a panel after washing it.

The washing process
    Insert a clean, plush microfiber towel or wash mitt into your wash solution. Wash a section of a panel or an entire panel depending upon the size of the panel. You only want to wash an area that you can wipe dry without the wash solution drying before you can get to it. Spread the Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba over the panel using a gentle wiping motion. Never scrub paint with firm pressure when using a rinseless wash. Place microfiber wash towel into your dedicated rinse bucket and agitate against the Grit Guard Insert.

Dry panel
    Quickly use a clean, Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel to dry that section of paint. We recommend using the “blotting” method to avoid inducing any swirl marks. Simply fold the drying towel four ways and blot the area dry. Flip to a dry side as needed.

Final Wipe
    After completely washing and drying an entire panel, give the panel a final wipe. Use a clean, dry plush microfiber towel to ensure all trace residues of Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba are removed and to maximize the gloss left by the Carnauba wax.

Repeat
    Duplicate the above process working around the vehicle. Always work from the top downward. If the vehicle is heavily soiled, pre-soak it first using Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba. This will help to loosen heavy dirt and road grime."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Pale yellow
    5.- Scent: Soapy with light fruit (sorry, allergies have greatly reduced my sense of smell - I could be way off)
    6.- Price at time of review: 16oz = $ 14.99!! SALE!! $ 17.99 Regular
    7.- Manufacturer: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

2 gallon bucket
    Distilled water
    16x12 660 GSM MF
    16x16 Plush MF
    12x24 Waffle Weave MF

Preparation:

My car was relatively clean but it rained on it a couple of times this week so I went ahead and foamed it with CG Honeydew Snow Foam, rinsed with pressure washer and (mostly) dried with 8hp MetroVac.

Application:

I made this video for my Rinseless Roundup on the sister forum. A whole lot easier to show than explain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6AM3UC3QI]Rinseless Wash Technique - YouTube[/video]

With foaming, about 40 min plus another 15 for wheels and tires.

Observations:

Best I can tell, very pleasant fragrance. From the first wipe, I could tell Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash was going to leave a beautiful finish - and it certainly did. The car wasn't especially dirty so can't say a ton about the cleaning ability. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash did seem to do a good job on the underside that I went after. Obviously, left no marring.

Afters

Used this much to do the entire car. This is why it is even more cost effective than traditional washing.

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Pros:

1.- Excellent finish
    2.- Safe, quick cleaning

???:

1.- Dust collection. I don't know but will monitor.
    2.- When will gallons be available?

Cons:

1.- None I've found.

Final Observations and Summary:

So, for those of you who read my Rinseless Roundup are probably wondering where it fits amongst the other rinseless washes I've tried. I wrote the bulk of the review blind in that I had no idea about the cost but have no qualms about putting Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash at the top of the list with Blackfire - pretty much no matter the cost. I will be purchasing in the future for my car. It has more of the "jetting" factor than BF but BF has a different beauty that is appealing to me, too.

Great job Pinnacle!!

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

PS - Just used Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash for the second time a few minutes ago (carpet-bombed by the @#$%!! migrating black birds on my way home). Reaffirmed my observations from Saturday. This is really good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Thanks for taking the time to review and write up your thoughts. It sounds like a great product. A must try for sure.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike!

By the way, the scent is mango.

Half gallons and gallons are available of ALL the new Pinnacle products except GlassCoat (a gallon of that would last 50 years ).

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 64 oz.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 128 oz.

And for those of you just getting started...

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash Two Bucket Wash System

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ben and Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Half gallons and gallons are available of ALL the new Pinnacle products except GlassCoat (a gallon of that would last 50 years ).

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 64 oz.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 128 oz.
    And into the cart it goes!!

Post Thanks / Like

The larger 64oz and 128oz quantities are not listed in the Pinnacle 2012 list. If you select the 16oz Rinseless the larger quantities are available at the bottom of the page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review as always Mike.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Thanks Ben and Nick.

And into the cart it goes!!
    Just ordered some after Nick's review and the one you completed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Just ordered some after Nick's review and the one you completed.
    Me, too!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike. Your driveway and stone front to the house helps add to the picture quality.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Those of you who follow me on the sister forum know I rinseless wash my cars almost exclusively and often, depending on circumstance, do my customers' cars. I actually prefer rinseless washing (with the technique below) to traditional washing.
    I am sure u must be ONR fan, so how would u compare it with ONR?

If you are to pick any 1 of the both, which one would you pick for your own car? By the way i love how ur car looks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast