autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Auto Detailing Forums > Product Reviews

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #1

Quick Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Hello all, better late than never. I was given a couple of new formula Blackfire products to write reviews on. Sadly the weather hasn't been the greatest and neither has time for me. I previously used the new formula of Blackfire Wet Diamond AFPP but forgot to take pictures after using it. Well this weekend I had a returning customers' Tahoe and decided I would snap a couple pics for my review.

Since this is a quick review let me just say this, I like the tweaked formula better. I have experienced zero dusting with this product after two uses, ease of use is outstanding, and the slickness is something that really stands out to me. I mean instantly after removing the product the paint is crazy slick!

Just a couple pics this time around, first the product:

The paint was prepped with Optimum Hyper Spray Polish via Optimum 5.25" micro fiber polishing pad and Griot's Garage DA on speed 5, then cleansed with CarPro Eraser.

And the afters:

Catching the sun just right:

When I dropped off the vehicle the owner kept saying that it looked awesome and couldn't believe how slick the paint was. If I remember correctly he shook my hand 4 times while saying thank you so much, it just looks awesome. I told him in a couple weeks if he doesn't mind I would like the vehicle back to try out a couple new products - Solution Finish for the running boards, Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray, and Blackfire Crystal Seal. If he has the time I will do a review on those as well.

Well this concludes my "quick review" of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection. If you don't have a bottle, do yourself a favor and order it. You won't be disappointed. Thanks for looking.

Richard
Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #2

Re: Quick Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

How is this new version as far as staining trim? I remember asking this about the original version and got a wishy-washy answer. It's easy to get spoiled with WOWA's and Duragloss stuff that you don't have to worry if you overshoot a panel and hit a piece of trim.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #3

I have so much of the old formula left IDK when I will get to try the new formula. But I am glad to hear you havn't had the slight dust like with the old BFWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
How is this new version as far as staining trim? I remember asking this about the original version and got a wishy-washy answer. It's easy to get spoiled with WOWA's and Duragloss stuff that you don't have to worry if you overshoot a panel and hit a piece of trim.

Ive never had the old version stain any of the trim I have used it on. It could just depend on the trim though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
I have so much of the old formula left IDK when I will get to try the new formula.
Ive never had the old version stain any of the trim I have used it on. It could just depend on the trim though.
Thanks, I don't know why I bother asking, because I have so much LSP they will be on V.8 before I try any, unless I get one of those little free samples.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #5

Honestly I haven't tested against trim, I always tape it off.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #6

I thought they didn't change the formula for BFWD, just the bottle and price?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #7

i've never had the original formula stain trim tried it on (chryslyer,jeep,lexus,bmw,porsche,audi,ford,pontia c,mazda,nissan)
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #8

How has the durability been with the BFWD??

How does the look compare to say DG105?

I have a sample on the way and am eager to give it a try, but I'm spoiled with the durability of DG 105.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #9

It's funny when you dig up a thread like this that's only a year old and you see a bunch of people posted in it that I forgot all about because they don't seem to post anymore.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #10

How do I know if I've got the new or old formula? I got mine last spring/summer sometime and the bottle looks just like that one.