autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Duragloss Rinseless Wash w/ Aquawax - TLC Auto Detail

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

Introduction: Today I have something pretty special to review. Thanks to my good buddy Keith (IOMCAMARO) I was able to get and review Duragloss’ newest product. That product is their Rinseless Wash with Aquawax. From what I understand this product is scheduled to be released sometime in February. I must say that this is pretty exciting to me since it seems that this will not only serve as a rinseless wash, but also a wax booster, all in one! No more will you need to apply a spray wax after a normal wash. This is pretty cool to me.

Product Observations: Duragloss’ Rinseless Wash with Aquawax (DRWAQ from here on) comes in the same bottle that their car was comes it. It is clear plastic, and feels very sturdy. The product itself has a consistence just a little thicker than water and pours very easily. It is pink in color, and has a very pleasant fruity smell. The directions say to add 0.5oz of product for every gallon of water you use. This can be measured by using the cap, 4 full caps is equal to 0.5oz of product.

Testing: For the testing of this product I decided to use my 2009 Nissan Cube. It hasn’t been polished in about 6 months, but the paint is near perfect since I try to take very good care of it. We just had a bunch of freezing rain, so the car is filthy, and covered in road salt and grime. I want to say up front that normally I would not do a rinseless wash on car this filthy, but I wanted to give this product the toughest test I could.

I started by mixing up a bucket of solution. I used about 3 gallons of water, so I added about 1.5oz of product. I then mixed it up and added a grit guard. The wash media of choice is a nice plush MF towel. I have found this is the best media for rinseless washes since it pulls the dirt away from the paint to help prevent marring.

I tested this product on the hood, fender, and rear door. The hood had the lightest dirt, then the fender, and finally the rear door was just covered in a thick layer of salt and grime. As for the application, I filled the towel with solution, and rinsed a pretty large section with little pressure to remove some of the dirt and grime. I then rinsed that towel in a clean water bucket, and followed up with another towel full of solution to clean the rest of the dirt that remained. One thing I noticed when I was wiping is that even on the dirtiest sections the towel was easily gliding over the surface. I would assume this is since the product has some wax in it. There was absolutely no grab at all while wiping, which is something I never noticed with other rinseless products that I’ve used. Finally I used two more plush towels to dry the panel. One towel I used to remove the majority of the water, and the next I used to buff away the wax.

That brings me to my next point. This is a little different than other rinseless washes that I have used. When you start to dry it, you will notice that it doesn’t dry quite as easily as ONR. By that I mean that if you try to blot it dry, or dry in straight lines it will leave behind a residue. That is due to the fact that this product also contains some wax. That means you have to do a final buff to remove the wax residue. It really isn’t that hard, it’s just like buffing off a spray wax. You spread it around when you remove the majority of the water, and then buff it to a high gloss with the final towel.

Hood before

Hood, after being wiped down twice with the rinseless solution

After being dried and buffed

Fenders before

Fenders after being wiped down twice

Fender after being buffed. It would seem in my rush I forgot to take a picture of the passenger fender after it was dry; instead I took two pictures of the driver’s side…lol

Rear door before

Rear door after

Finally here are a couple pictures to show that there was ZERO marring with this process. The first picture is of the back door where there was the heaviest contamination. I must say, I was very impressed that there was not noticeable marring, especially on soft Nissan black!

The next test I did was to leave some solution on the hood to dry and see what it left, and how hard it was to remove. Right after I finished the hood, I squeezed a towel full of solution on the hood and just let it sit while I finished the rest of the car. At first when I came back I though it didn’t leave any marks, but upon closer inspection with a light it did leave some very light spots. They aren’t water spots, so I would assume it was wax residue. Here is what it looked like close up

I assumed that I would have to use a qd or something to remove, but I decided to just try to buff it with the same towel I had been using to do a final buff. To my surprise, all of the residue buffed off very easily! This is great since if you get a drip after the fact, it is very easy to remove, even if you let it dry. Here is how it looked after being buffed.

Conclusion: Overall I think that this is an AWESOME product! I think it takes the rinseless wash to a whole new level. Not only does it have amazing cleaning ability, it helps prevent marring, AND it leaves a layer of protection behind! I obviously can’t comment on durability, but if it’s anything like the normal Aquawax it should be great as a booster in between full waxing or sealing.

Pros
    Great dilution, 1.5oz will treat 3 gallons of water.
    Prevents marring as good, if not better than other rinseless products on the market.
    I’m going to assume, based on DG’s history, that the price will be very competitive for this product.
    Leaves a layer of protection behind, with no additional work.

Cons
    None at time of review

Thanks for looking!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Duragloss Rinseless Wash w/ Aquawax - TLC Auto Detail

Nice review Dave. Looks like I'll be trying this for the few amount of RWs that I do! I like the idea that it offers some protection also.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this product. Thanks for the review Flannigan!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

looks promising

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave for sharing another informative review . Interesting product
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative and very well composed. Well done Dave!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Between this, and Blackfire, I am in new product heaven!

Looks like an amazing product.

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative review, thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad to see more entrants (DG, BF, Megs) in the rinseless wash market, hopefully this will help drive continued improvement.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another gallon of something I don't need, but will buy. Nice review.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Yet another gallon of something I don't need, but will buy. Nice review.
    Hey, you can just buy a pint, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast