autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick review of CarPro CeriGlass

This just a short review on the CarPro CeriGlass. Ever since I bought my Volvo back in August I noticed that the rear windshield had etched in water spots. Just recently I received for Christmas some CarPro CeriGlass and a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad. After finding a day I could leave the garage door up while I polished away, I got to work.

The car was recently washed a week or so ago, so there was not much dirt on the glass. Some ONR diluted to QD ratio cleaned the dust right up.

Then I proceeded to clay the glass with Blackfire Poly Clay with FK425 as a lubricant. After claying no contaminants were left on the clay, but the glass did feel a bit smoother.

Now finally on to the CeriGlass review.

Here is what I had to begin with..

I put down a tape line for a 50/50 comparison and then got my Porter Cable 7424XP with a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad and applied some CeriGlass. I spread around the polish with the Porter Cable off to reduce splatter and sling, then turned the machine on while on speed 4 to cover my working area. After that I bumped the speed up to 6 and started working the area with moderate pressure and very slow overlapping passes. Once the polish residue started to become clear I stopped and per CarPro's instructions I wiped the area down with water and a MF.

These were the results..

I then went on and finished the other half and came up with these results..

Here are some more 50/50 and finished shots..

I was very impressed with this product and how well it worked with a dual action polisher. Wipe off of the product was not the easiest but with the help of some QD it did come off. My pad was 90% clean when just rinsed with water and squeezed out. Some XMT pad cleaner did the rest of the work. This was a major advantage in my opinion. Made clean up a lot easier. I did not notice any heat up of the glass after polishing a section which is a plus. But a rotary polisher would achieve quicker results. I highly recommend this product for use by dual action polisher or rotary buffer.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick review of CarPro CeriGlass

Pictures aren't showing up. I am fixing that right now, they will be up in a couple of minutes.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize that this thread took a while to get fixed. But here it is.

This just a short review on the CarPro CeriGlass. Ever since I bought my Volvo back in August I noticed that the rear windshield had etched in water spots. Just recently I received for Christmas some CarPro CeriGlass and a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad. After finding a day I could leave the garage door up while I polished away, I got to work.

The car was recently washed a week or so ago, so there was not much dirt on the glass. Some ONR diluted to QD ratio cleaned the dust right up.

Then I proceeded to clay the glass with Blackfire Poly Clay with FK425 as a lubricant. After claying no contaminants were left on the clay, but the glass did feel a bit smoother.

Now finally on to the CeriGlass review.

Here is what I had to begin with..
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I put down a tape line for a 50/50 comparison and then got my Porter Cable 7424XP with a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad and applied some CeriGlass. I spread around the polish with the Porter Cable off to reduce splatter and sling, then turned the machine on while on speed 4 to cover my working area. After that I bumped the speed up to 6 and started working the area with moderate pressure and very slow overlapping passes. Once the polish residue started to become clear I stopped and per CarPro's instructions I wiped the area down with water and a MF.

These were the results..
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I then went on and finished the other half and came up with these results..
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are some more 50/50 and finished shots..
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I was very impressed with this product and how well it worked with a dual action polisher. Wipe off of the product was not the easiest but with the help of some QD it did come off. My pad was 90% clean when just rinsed with water and squeezed out. Some XMT pad cleaner did the rest of the work. This was a major advantage in my opinion. Made clean up a lot easier. I did not notice any heat up of the glass after polishing a section which is a plus. But a rotary polisher would achieve quicker results. I highly recommend this product for use by dual action polisher or rotary buffer.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Will CeriGlass work on a 4" LC orange pad with a rotary or do you need a glass cutting pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nice job. Will CeriGlass work on a 4" LC orange pad with a rotary or do you need a glass cutting pad?
    Thanks. I believe an orange LC pad would work with a rotary. I have read of some people just using an orange pad for glass polishing. The glass polishing pad is very firm and might be a little grabby when new. So be just to prime the pad well when first using it.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

For those that don't have a machine, would it work by hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Thanks. I believe an orange LC pad would work with a rotary. I have read of some people just using an orange pad for glass polishing. The glass polishing pad is very firm and might be a little grabby when new. So be just to prime the pad well when first using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention the hand application I did. I tried with a MF applicator and it cut down the the water spotting some. But it did take a while to get to that point. So I would definitely not recommend working by hand on glass.

But, the side view mirrors on the same car were foggy when viewed in sun light. The mirrors being very narrow you could never fit a polisher and pad on them. So I went at it with a MF applicator and CeriGlass worked the product until it was clear and the fogginess was gone. Now this was not glass and some sort of plastic mirror of some sort. So you could do side view mirrors with this product by hand.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, how's the dusting?

Post Thanks / Like

For removing water spots the applicators supplied with the kit will work well by hand.. no need machine for such job target

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, how's the dusting?
    It actually isn't that bad. Just make sure to keep your pad clean to stop it from gumming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    For removing water spots the applicators supplied with the kit will work well by hand.. no need machine for such job target
    I didn't order the kit. But I might have to get one of those applicators to try out some time.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast