Pre-Wow & Black Wow Review
-Pre-Wow: Pre-WOW is extremely concentrated. Start with a pea-sized amount on a clean applicator. Wipe on Pre-WOW and rub until the trim piece appears clean. For stubborn spots, you can use the Pre-WOW Trim Detailing Brush. The stiff bristles will loosen dirt and wax buildup.
-Black Wow is a matte finish trim restorer for all colored, smooth and lightly textured trim. Black Wow instantly restores the dark, even color to the trim. A single thin coat lasts for months through rain storms, car washes, and day-to-day driving. Black WOW works on all unpainted plastic trim, regardless of the color. Black WOW contains no dye or colorants.
1. Manufacturer: Black Wow
2. Made in: U.S.A.
A. Pre-Wow: 4oz. Spray Bottle
B. Black Wow: 2oz. Flip Top Bottle
C. Pre-Wow Trim Brush3. Color:
A. Pre-Wow: Translucent Purple
B. Black Wow: Translucent Orange7. Scent: T.B.D. – Sniffer is out this week.
A. Pre-Wow: Thin Liquid
B. Black Wow: Syrup9. Price: $35 – 4oz Pre-Wow & 2oz. Black Wow
10. Directions for Black Wow: Apply Black Wow before washing your vehicle. Use a Poly Foam Wax Applicator and spread a pea-sized amount evenly on the trim. Apply a very thin coat. Buff off excess with a lint-free Microfiber Cloth. (Use a separate towel than the ones you use on the paint.) Then wash the vehicle and use the wash sponge to wipe down the trim. Towel dry.
1. I started by rinsing the rear bumper.
2. I washed the bumper using Megs Shampoo Plus & APC w/ a single bucket & Grit Guard.
3. Re-Rinsed Bumper
4. Dried Bumper using a terry Cloth Towel (Due to previously applied Trim Restorer.)
5. Taped off Bumper for test I am working on for the Future.
6. Applied Pre-Wow to Selected areas and spread using Microfiber Applicator.
7. Pre-Wow Trim Brush was used to thoroughly clean the selected areas.
8. Used a clean Terry Cloth Towel to Buff Pre-Wow Off.
9. Applied Black Wow to Selected Areas.
10. Buffed off Black Wow using a clean Terry Cloth Towel.
Pre-Wow Buffed Off
Black Wow on Applicator
Black Wow Applied
Broad Shot of Future Test
Notes & Observations:
- I need to find better test subject to test the true cleaning ability of Pre-Wow
- Pre-Wow did seem to clean up the bumper that I regularly clean and apply PBTR.
- I’m not sure that Pre-Wow cleans any better than my regular APC but I would want to test this on a piece of trim with wax residue.
- I do like that Black Wow was a little thicker syrup and not watery like PB TR.
- A pea sized amount was able to all of the test sections.
- It spread out nicely and evenly.
- Black Wow was slightly shinier that the PBTR that I normally use.
- Based on cost I’m not sure I would pick Black Wow as my trim product.
o 2oz Black Wow - $15.99
o 16oz Poorboy’s Trim Restorer - $14.99
o At this price difference the Black Wow would need to last about 8x longer than PBTR for me to switch.