autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo

Review: Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo

Introduction:
    This sample came from Dr. Oldz. Thank you Dr. Oldz! A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to use this product to wash my wife’s car. However there wasn’t any “stuck on” bugs or anything so I wanted to do another car in order to further test it’s cleaning ability. Last weekend I washed my neighbors van with it as well. After not being washed in the past few months it was a good test vehicle for cleaning ability.

Product Description (from AG website):
    Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo is more sweet than sour if you’re a fan of carnauba car washes. Sour Power Shampoo contains real wax-grade carnauba to give clean paint extra luster. The enticing apple-scented car shampoo is pH-neutral and highly concentrated. Dilute Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo up to 500:1 and give your vehicle a gentle wash and waxy shine.

Details:
    1.- Packaging: N/A

2.- Directions: 2 to 4 cap fulls (up to 500:1 dilution)
    3.- Consistency: Thick

4.- Color: Green
    5.- Scent: Apples
    6.- Size: 8oz, 16oz.
    7.- Price at time of Review: $13.99, $19.99
    .- Manufacturer: Dodo Juice
    9.- Made in: United Kingdom

Additional products used for prep, during application, or removal:
    1.- (2) buckets with Grit Guards
    2.- MF Wash Mitt (Carrand)
    3.- Waffle Weave Towel
    4.- 6 foot Step Ladder

Blue Saturn SL:
    Conditions of vehicle and environment:
    This vehicle was last polished about 4 months ago but last washed one week ago. It wasn’t very dirty and I didn’t even take any before pictures. It was a cold morning (Approximately 28 Degrees)

Cold

Product

1 Ounce of Product

After thoroughly rinsing the vehicle I mixed about 1 oz. of Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo (DJSP) into about 4 gallons of water. Then I mixed the solution together with my arm (Brrrrrr!) and dropped the Grit Guard in. Finally, I circulated it a little more with a quick jet of water to activate the suds. My first observation was that the soap wasn’t overly “sudsy” which for me is a good thing. The qty. of suds seemed to be just about where I like it. Lubricity of the wash solution is among the most important things to me and when it came to this category I would rank it in the middle of the pack of car shampoos I’ve worked with.

Video: Mixing Dodo Juice Sour Power

It was early in the morning and while the sun had come out, it was just beginning to reach the car. If I didn’t waste any time I would be able to wash and dry the car without pulling my canopy out. As an extra precaution I would wet the car about once every couple minutes during the wash (basically each time I rinsed a “just washed” panel).

First the roof and windows were washed and rinsed. Next the hood, trunk lid, and then the verticals were completed.

Video: Washing a section of the hood

Finally I switched to my flood attachment and rinsed the car one last time following the sheet of water off of the car in order to remove as much water as possible before “towel time”. At this point the sun had moved into the sky far enough to pose a threat so I moved quickly with my towel to eliminate all the water from the glass and paint before water spotting could occur.

I don’t pay too much attention to “x” product or “y” product “adds gloss” but I have to say after standing back and looking at the car I thought it was indeed extra glossy. I assumed it was just in my head and was only the simple fact that the car had been washed. However a little later in the day my wife took the dogs for a walk. When she came back inside she asked me “What did you put on my car!” I told her I only washed it to which she replied, “Whatever you put on it, that’s the best it has ever looked!” I wouldn’t go that far but the pictures certainly don’t do it justice.

04 – 13 – After

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo

Toyota Sienna:

As I mentioned I wanted to get a better sense of the cleaning ability of this shampoo and my neighbors van was a good candidate. A few months ago (at least) I clayed and then polished this van with 105 and 205. It was then sealed with WGDGPS. Since then it had not been washed even once. Unfortunately for my review the color of this van hides dirt as good or better than anything I’ve seen which was precisely the reason my neighbor had picked that color.
    I was really hoping for a sunny day to get some great before and after shots for this one but we ended up with a cloudy day (all day long).

I wasn’t able to get any sunny before shots. When I got home from work Tuesday night (a couple days after the wash) the sun was still visible on her van so I retrieved my camera and tried to get some after shots in the sun. Being later in the day there were only a couple areas that I could get the sun to fall upon but those are included after the write up.
    A Few “Before” pictures (More to follow after writeup)

The wheels and tires were cleaned with Amazing Roll Off. The paint was filthy and covered in pollen and dirt/road film. There were also old bug remains on the front and some spores on the side. I rinsed and washed the van in my standard way. That is to use the 2-bucket method and also rinse the mitt with the hose after each use before scrubbing it in the rinse bucket. As I was washing the front of the hood I paid close attention to how easily the bugs were removed. DJSP worked nicely and only a couple bugs required more attention. The ease of removal is partially a testament to the WGDGPS having some protection left, but I found the DJSP cleaning abilities to be above average. The film of dirt as well as the little brown dots (spores I think) was removed easily. The paint hides dirt so well I wanted to give you an idea of just how dirty it was. The following two pictures show my mitt before and after wiping it one time across a door panel.

I noticed after finishing the van that the suds had remained throughout the entire wash process. After drying the van with a waffle weave towel it was time to take the after shots. Also, please note that some of these before shots were taken after the initial rinse. Unfortunately I had forgotten to take all of the necessary before shots before rinsing.

50-BEFORE

51-AFTER

52-BEFORE

53-AFTER

54-BEFORE

55-AFTER

56-BEFORE

57-AFTER

58-BEFORE

59-AFTER

60-BEFORE

61-AFTER

62-BEFORE

63-AFTER

64-BEFORE

65-AFTER

66-BEFORE

67-AFTER

68-BEFORE

69-AFTER

After I had returned the van to my neighbor’s driveway and handed her the keys she came outside to chat for a minute. As we were talking her uncle arrived to visit with her. As he walked up the driveway he asked, “What did you put on her car!” Echoing the same answer I had given my wife 2 weeks earlier I said, “I washed it.” He thought it looked amazing.

70-2 DAYS LATER WITH SOME SUN SHOWING

71-2 DAYS LATER WITH SOME SUN SHOWING

72-2 DAYS LATER WITH SOME SUN SHOWING

73-2 DAYS LATER WITH SOME SUN SHOWING

Pros:
    1.- Glossy
    2.- Cleans good
    3.- Suds last

Cons:
    1.- Price

???:
    1.- Yes, I know a couple of the before and afters look the same in the pictures... Don't always trust the camera but from a distance on a cloudy day this paint does hide the dirt very well.

Final Observations and Summary:
    Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo cleans pretty good, but where it really "shines" is the gloss it leaves behind. I make this claim based on the comments I received after each of the above vehicles were washed with it. I thought it made the cars look great but I wouldn't push this point if I hadn't had my subjective thoughts reinforced by the comments of those who saw the outcome.

And the Product Link:
    http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-car-wash.html

A little more info about Dodo Juice:
    http://www.autogeek.net/about-dodo-juice-wax.html

Post Thanks / Like

once again Corey a very unbiased and thorough review! Thanks for your time and effort you put into these reviews....another product Ill have to try because of your review! Mrs07 is begining to not like you LOL J/K...I just keep telling her "Corey says its good I gotta try it". Keep up the great work man!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review corey! However I already knew how well it works due to the fact I was watching you from the bushes...

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that day now, when it was 28 degrees out and you were excited that you finally washed a vehicle in the same cold winter type weather that I have to wash in regularly this time of year...lol... Not so fun is it? Cold isn't it?? Another great review as always buddy! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Great review once again!!! I also noticed that it does enhance the gloss but I thought it could have just be me! Nice to have a second reassuring opinion!! How do you feel it compares to the other wash and waxes that you have used(more specifically the poorboys)?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey!

I take it you let the air temp warm up a bit prior to washing?

The van received quite a transformation and still looked good after a few days.

I may have to add this to a wish list I'm building...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Corey.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey, I enjoy your reviews because I personally feel you go into each review with a open mind and unbiased opinon, now with that said,
    I purchased the BOB ( Basic of Bling and Sour Power) about 3 weeks ago, with the weather the way it is I finally got to use Sour Power about a week ago.
    It seems to be a good product, I wasn't blown away with it but due to cold weather I was in a hurry (cant wait until warm weather is here) but it did give the car a great deep gloss, almost as if a coat of wax was applied. But it is a pricey product but DoDo puts out some great waxes so I had to try some of their shampoos, all in all a good product, bit pricey, lubricity wasnt the greatest ( Megs Gold Class) but far better than most.
    I would recommend this product as a every other wash type shampoo.....I give it a 4 out of 5 wash Mitts !!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review, Corey. I really like Dodo Juice car wash soaps!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast