autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer

Last week, I was asked to try a new product on behalf of Autogeek and to give a review. Since I like trying new things and sharing my experiences with them, I gladly accepted. I had no idea what would come, as Meghan only told me that it was not available on the site yet and that only a few others had had the opportunity to try it out so far.

So the disclaimer goes - I received this product at no cost to me. I will try my best to give as unbiased an opinion as I can.

Product: Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer

Price: I don't know. It did not cost me anything.

Availability: Autogeek as well as other fine vendors who carry the Pinnacle line (I assume). As Meghan stated, this is not yet available. I do not have any idea how long it will be before it is available at AG.

Packaging: I received it in a 12 ounce finger pump sprayer. Pretty standard fare for the bottle. Labeling contains directions and warnings.

Appearance: Final Finish Instant Detailer has a slight purple coloring, and a faint scent of grape. Very pleasant to use.

Test Vehicle: 2009 Tacoma in Red - washed, but driven a couple hundred miles over the weekend. Meg's NXT is the current LSP, however the finish is beginning to get "draggy" and I feel that a light polish and new LSP application is in order in the next few weeks.

Usage: The first (and only up to this point) test I have given the Instant Detailer is to remove some light dust and finger smudges from my driver door. The directions state that Instant Detailer can be used for this purpose between washes. I am not how sure just how dirty a surface I would feel comfortable using it on, but as a "for instance" my truck was washed Friday morning, driven to and from Tennessee (from AL). The directions state to spray a small area, spread Instant Detailer, and flip the towel and buff to a wet-looking shine. I used one of Poorboy's Orange thick MF towels for this task.

The instructions also state that Instant Detailer can be used after a wash and that regular use will prolong the life of existing wax and paint sealant. I plan to use it as both a drying aide and as an after-wash QD in the next wash cycle.

Thoughts: I felt that XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer did a fairly good job of removing light dust and finger smudges. It did what it stated it would do, and did not leave any new marring when examined under halogen lighting. Since I only did a few sections of my truck, I will try to determine some things over a couple days observation such as the tendency to repel dust, how long the slickness lasts, and if there is any difference in beading between the treated and untreated panels when wet. Initially, I felt Instant Detailer left the surface very slick and glossy. One note on the sprayer is that is sprays an extremely light mist, which is a plus in my book. I felt like it got good coverage without using too much product in one area.

Overall, I feel like this is a great QD, and I look forward to using it in other applications in my wash routine. I will try and update the thread with more observations and after I get to use it in this manner. Just from my limited use with it so far, I would definitely say it is in the same league as QD+ (which happens to be my current favorite QD). Things I really like about it so far are the sprayer, compact bottling, slickness, and the pleasant aroma when using. I don't know that I have any dislikes that seem to jump out at me at this point.

As always, I'll try and answer any questions that I can and comments are welcomed!

Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing & Car Care Forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer-attachment-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer

I just got mine to test out also. Of course it comes a day before I go out of town for work. It will definetly get used this weekend. I'll be checking your post Jared, to see how it works out for you over the week.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome! I want some now
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, alot of people got this stuff. I found the same kind of results and opinions as you did, its some pretty good stuff and Im sure the price point will be decent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

How soon before we can order this?

XMT is my favorite product line and I cant wait to get some of this!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellant review jaredpointer. I am also a fan of XMT products and looking forward to trying Final Finish Instant Detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

never heard of this ... sounds nice !

Post Thanks / Like

Time for a quick update.

I quickly washed my wife's 4Runner this afternoon in order to take some for-sale pictures. It has been a while since I added any LSP to the 4Runner. I have mostly been keeping it touched up with Poorboy's QD+ after washes. I also did not use a drying aid during the drying phase this time in order to have somewhat of a clean slate for the Final Finish.

I applied the Final Finish per the directions - misting a small area, spreading with one quarter of a towel, flipping and buffing. It leaves a very slick finish. I am not sure I would say it is the slickest QD I have ever used, but it does leave a nice slick surface and a bright glow on the silver metallic of the 4Runner. I especially like the bottle and sprayer combo. In my humble opinion, it makes the task of QDing simpler and more ergonomical by being able to more easily grasp and hold the bottle without having to put it down. The sprayer leaves such a fine mist also. The mist pattern reminds me of the older Meg's burgundy bottle QD sprays. I'll definitely be putting it to good use when the bottle is empty.

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about Final Finish Instant Detailer. I have yet to see it in action in the rain or see how long it may hang on the finish as compared to other QD's, but this weekend looks like rain, so we'll see. As far as QD's go, I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying something new or looking to stock their supplies.
    Last edited by jaredpointer; 07-24-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

love to see pics ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast