autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Bug Squash - 1st thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    You might use a foaming sprayer to increase the dwell time of liquid cleansers.
    That may help...although foam tends to dry pretty fast too...plus me being in AZ doesn't help!

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy's Bug Squash was one of my "can't do without" products when I detailed in south Texas. Never once did it fail to do the job and I used it almost daily but never as a pre-soak. Odd that I found it an essential product and others use it once and want to give it away.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I can't live without the stuff here either. Driving at night or early morning in Spring/Summer in my area will guarantee a vehicle gets covered in bugs. I spray the buggy areas like the grill, diffuser, bumper, windshield and mirrors, let it sit for a bit and then go after those areas with a bug sponge with my mitt as I wash the car.

I have had it dry on the surface during hot Summer days, but it still washed off easily. I've never had issues with trim and it always dissolves/softens even the worst bug mess I"ve encountered.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I would have guessed the "pre-soak" they were talking about was the pre-soak for BUGS. Since the product is called BUG Squash I only use it for BUGS. If i tried to clean my wheels or dash with it and it ruined it I wouldnt be able to (in good Conscience) be mad at the product.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I would have guessed the "pre-soak" they were talking about was the pre-soak for BUGS. Since the product is called BUG Squash I only use it for BUGS. If i tried to clean my wheels or dash with it and it ruined it I wouldnt be able to (in good Conscience) be mad at the product.
    Like I said in my previous post, I'm really more disappointed that I won't get to use my new cool Megs Safe D-Greaser bottle as much as I was looking forward to, and much less concerned with Poorboys Bug Squash. [there's no bugs in the city of LA. Never had to clean a bug in my life. Lol]

This was just me being an Autogeek/product junkie + I've got an obsession with how organized the Megs dispensor bottles look, so if I can find a use for 1 that I don't currently own then I'm interested. I was even thinking about buying the discontinued "Body Solvent" bottle and almost paid good money just so I could fill it with Iron X or Megs DUB Wheel cleaner for paint decon purposes. Lol.

I ordered the Quik Interior Detailer bottle + more Mothers ReVision Glass & Surface Cleaner to refill it with and that fills the void for now.Poorboys Bug Squash - 1st thoughts

-All Season Dressing
    -Water Based Dressing
    -Body Solvent
    -Silicone Free Dresing
    Those are the only bottles left, but I don't have anything to use in them. Any ideas? Let me know.Poorboys Bug Squash - 1st thoughts

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's too late now but why wouldn't you have just bought the small bottle with the label and sprayer that comes with it. No need to relabel if you like it then you can buy a gallon later. I used to buy the big ones too but so much just sat now I buy small to start and go Gallon later if I ever use up the small one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Bug Squash - 1st thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I know it's too late now but why wouldn't you have just bought the small bottle with the label and sprayer that comes with it. No need to relabel if you like it then you can buy a gallon later. I used to buy the big ones too but so much just sat now I buy small to start and go Gallon later if I ever use up the small one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's my reasons for not buying the small size 1st.
    -I prefer the 32oz. dispensor bottles [I would run out of certain chemicals midway through a vehicle if I used small bottles. For example, I can easily go through 3/4ths of a 32oz. bottle of Megs D143 on a real dirty vehicle. [less is needed on my own vehicles] This is the product I go through the most.
    -I typically go through an entire 32oz. bottle of D114 if I'm claying a real contaminated vehicle.
    -Interior detail with dirty carpets? I'm gonna need at least two 32oz. bottles of Megs D101 APC ready to go...
    -I generally use alot of product [hence why I pretty much never experience clay marring or instill swirls during waterless washing]
    -Certain chemicals are a PITA to refill on the fly due to sudsing [even using a funnel and a straw] Have you ever tried to refill a bottle of D143 in a rush? Suds midway through pouring the bottle. I hate dealing with that. If I used 16oz. bottles I'd need to carry about 3 bottles of some products.
    -The 32oz. concentrate of Bug Squash makes a perfect gallon @3:1. I'm set for a while with that quantity and don't have to think about whether I'm almost out
    -Why buy smaller bottles of product when it's going to cost me more to constantly ship + wait over a week to arrive from Florida
    -I'm OCD when it comes to the organization of my bottles. I even have all the sprayers pointed @2pm. when they're sitting on my display cabinet, and in my eyes it looks like a mess if they're not all facing the exact same direction. [legit OCD with that. Lol]

-The Poorboys bottle looks cheap and ugly
    -The Megs bottle looks good and matches my other dispensor bottles

That's why I usually prefer to buy in bulk.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

E2k I really wish we could have met up at the classic autoshow I was looking forward to meeting you in person.

I've experienced the same issue as you but it was even while using it as directed. I've gone through quite a few bug sprays but nothing seems to be a game changer or gives me that wow factor and has be buy a second bottle. Poorboy's did tend to dry and white faster then any other products I have used and I'm in the hot desert if southern California. The best I've used so far is griots bug spray but again it's still not worth buying a second bottle, I've rather buy it for the sprayer then for the product inside, love thier sprayers. Overall I feel you pain with the fast drying and white haze

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used it on a friend's car when he came back from Vegas. Worked great.

I used it as a pre-wash on my own car once or twice. Didn't have issues. I did move fast, though, and this was while washing at a coin-op.

PM me if you don't want it sitting on your shelf forever. I'l gladly take it off your hands

And I totally get your OCD. Although, MY bottles are pointing at the 10 O'Clock position

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    E2k I really wish we could have met up at the classic autoshow I was looking forward to meeting you in person.
    I wanted to go back on Sat. or Sun.. But I was stuck on cars + traffic to and from on Friday was such a nightmare that it made me cringe just thinking about driving downtown again, even though it's not quite as bad on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    And I totally get your OCD. Although, MY bottles are pointing at the 10 O'Clock position
    This type of OCD has always been with me. Back during my teenage years I would buy CD's with any money I could scrap up, I ended up with over 200 cd's and the OCD was similar, but more extreme. Lol. I would never touch the jewel cases on the face, only the sides. [so no fingerprints and they're still in mint condition today]

Also I would always put the cd's back into their cases perfectly lined center. I wouldn't allow anyone, especially my brothers to ever use or even touch my cd's, and if they did I would know because the dang cd wouldn't be lined up if they had used it. And if that happened, it was nearly a fistfight breaking out! You touchin my cd's?! It's on! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast