autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee's Trademark Carnauba Wax

Spreading out a layer of carnauba wax is an American past time like eating a hotdog and drinking a beer at Fenway Park! (Hold the comments about being from Boston lol)

There's just something that is relaxing and enjoyable about spreading out a layer of high quality carnauba wax. Weather it's on your garage queen or your well maintained daily driver. With all of the hype surrounding coatings these days a traditional carnauba wax still offers great benefits such as ease of use, protection and value due to the amount of applications in one container.

McKee's Trademark Carnauba Wax has all of those benefits and because it's from PBMG you know they only produce high quality products that are easy to use.

The test subject for this review is my sister in law 2013 Honda Civic. The thread for the detail can be seen below.

2013 Civic gets love from McKee's lineup

Product description from Autogeek.

McKee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax is a soft, pliable paste that goes on like butter and wipes off just as effortlessly. The easy application saves you time and effort. Plus, McKee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax does not stain rubber trim.
    The shine created is nothing short of beautiful. Any color paint will appear deeper and richer with every coat of Trademark Wax. The addition of VOC compliant polymers allows the wax to bond to the paint for longer lasting protection. Carnauba wax provides UV protection, as well as resistance to acid rain and contamination. Your vehicle will be protected for up to 2 months in ideal climates.

The wax comes in a nice package similar to other high end waxes.

Upon opening the container I was greeted with a very pleasant smell. Couldn't put my finger on it but I liked it!

For application I used the supplied foam pad. This wax literally melts on the pad with no effort! It truly like spreading melted butter.

One thing that's nice is that you don't have to wait for it to haze! It's a true wipe on wipe off wax.

Wipe off was effortless and a nice shine was the result.

One thing I did notice is that immediately after wiping off the surface was smooth but not like I was expecting. I came back after an hour or so and the slickness definitely increased. Wonder if it has something to with the polymers in it.

Finished shots.

In closing I will say that this is a very easy to use product. At 50$ for 8oz this container will last a very long time and is a pretty good value. Another great option from PBMG!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's Trademark Carnauba Wax

Great review Justin!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marc!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Justin! Look at that flake POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I remember using that wax during the filming of the detail fest episode of Competition Ready and it was a nice wax. Not sure about the hotdog at Fenway park reference though.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got (2) 8 oz jars of this stuff and L-O-V-E it!!!! Among the top of my fav wax list (along with SSII, Griot's Best of Show and Blackfire Midnight Sun) Good company to be in.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Awesome review Justin! Look at that flake POP!

Thanks Nick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Nice review. I remember using that wax during the filming of the detail fest episode of Competition Ready and it was a nice wax. Not sure about the hotdog at Fenway park reference though.
    I really enjoyed using it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I've got (2) 8 oz jars of this stuff and L-O-V-E it!!!! Among the top of my fav wax list (along with SSII, Griot's Best of Show and Blackfire Midnight Sun) Good company to be in.

ScottH
    Awesome! Glad I am not the only one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Spreading out a layer of carnauba wax is an American past time like eating a hotdog and drinking a beer at Fenway Park! (Hold the comments about being from Boston lol)

There's just something that is relaxing and enjoyable about spreading out a layer of high quality carnauba wax. Weather it's on your garage queen or your well maintained daily driver. With all of the hype surrounding coatings these days a traditional carnauba wax still offers great benefits such as ease of use, protection and value due to the amount of applications in one container.

McKee's Trademark Carnauba Wax has all of those benefits and because it's from PBMG you know they only produce high quality products that are easy to use.

The test subject for this review is my sister in law 2013 Honda Civic. The thread for the detail can be seen below.

Product description from Autogeek.

McKee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax is a soft, pliable paste that goes on like butter and wipes off just as effortlessly. The easy application saves you time and effort. Plus, McKee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax does not stain rubber trim.
    The shine created is nothing short of beautiful. Any color paint will appear deeper and richer with every coat of Trademark Wax. The addition of VOC compliant polymers allows the wax to bond to the paint for longer lasting protection. Carnauba wax provides UV protection, as well as resistance to acid rain and contamination. Your vehicle will be protected for up to 2 months in ideal climates.

The wax comes in a nice package similar to other high end waxes.

Upon opening the container I was greeted with a very pleasant smell. Couldn't put my finger on it but I liked it!

For application I used the supplied foam pad. This wax literally melts on the pad with no effort! It truly like spreading melted butter.

One thing that's nice is that you don't have to wait for it to haze! It's a true wipe on wipe off wax.

Wipe off was effortless and a nice shine was the result.

One thing I did notice is that immediately after wiping off the surface was smooth but not like I was expecting. I came back after an hour or so and the slickness definitely increased. Wonder if it has something to with the polymers in it.

In closing I will say that this is a very easy to use product. At 50$ for 8oz this container will last a very long time and is a pretty good value. Another great option from PBMG!
    Great write up. Agree totally with laying down some 'nuba being American. And....Good graces brother you're heavy handed with the wax! ;-)
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Great write up. Agree totally with laying down some 'nuba being American. And....Good graces brother you're heavy handed with the wax! ;-)
    Ha-ha thank you! I wasn't kidding when I said that this stuff melts onto the pad. I wasn't expecting it to transfer onto the pad that easily.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been interested in this wax lately.. Carnubas are ideal for red and yellow vehicles right? I've heard a few comments regarding carnuba waxes attracting dust? How does this 1 fair as far as that? Is it really that noticable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast