autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Ok, my 1st question is: On the video showing the full size Master Blaster, did you run it at its full power? Because it sounds like you only flipped 1 switch... Either that or you flipped both switches at the same time, but based on your own word, that wouldn't have been possible because that would've tripped your circuit breaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    You require a 20A outlet to run the Master Blaster. I paid $125 to have a 20A outlet installed.
    So you paid to have a 20A outlet installed specifically for the Master Blaster^

You guys are lucky!!!

I don't throw both switches at the same time either... But after about 5 minutes of using it with 2 motors on, the circuit breaker will trip.

If I turn both motors on simultaneously, the breaker will trip immediately.
    ....Yet you say this happens?^ I dunno about you, but if I paid and went through all the trouble of that and it didn't even work for the 1 thing I specifically had it installed for, I'd be livid...

Did you at least call the electrician and get you money back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok, my 1st question is: On the video showing the full size Master Blaster, did you run it at its full power? Because it sounds like you only flipped 1 switch... Either that or you flipped both switches at the same time, but based on your own word, that wouldn't have been possible because that would've tripped your circuit breaker...
    I used both motors for that specific video to compare its full potential to the other blowers. I turned the second motor on shortly after the first. Listen to the video closely, the motor's pitch changes slightly after I turn on the first motor. It's probably not as noticeable because the first motor is already loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you paid to have a 20A outlet installed specifically for the Master Blaster^

....Yet you say this happens?^ I dunno about you, but if I paid and went through all the trouble of that and it didn't even work for the 1 thing I specifically had it installed for, I'd be livid...

Did you at least call the electrician and get you money back?

When I said my circuit breaker was tripping, that was when I still using the garage's old 15A circuit breaker. I got so sick of the circuit breaker tripping that I had a new outlet installed along with a new 20A circuit breaker. The issue has gone away since.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Ok, after watching the the Master Blaster test vid several times, with headphones, I don't hear the second switch, but I do believe I hear a slight difference in the noise the air makes @16 seconds... That, along with your word has clarified that question. Thanks for the reply.

You guys are lucky!!!

I don't throw both switches at the same time either... But after about 5 minutes of using it with 2 motors on, the circuit breaker will trip.

If I turn both motors on simultaneously, the breaker will trip immediately.
    I still find your choice of words here a bit strange though.^
    You say "will" twice, as in speaking about the present day.. Now a big part of why I mention this is because you're so well spoken in every other part of this thread, very detailed, I'd guess it took a decent amount of time to put together such a robust OP. [kudos on solid post]

So as well spoken as everything else is, how do you not choose "would" instead of "will"? 2 opportunities, and instead of referring to it as past tense and saying "would", you chose to say "will", even though, like you just said it no longer does that ever since you had the new 20A outlet installed. Not to mention the other 2 guys who use their Master Blasters on regular 15A circuit breakers said they've never had any issues.

That's like me telling people about my dog and how he bites any strangers who he see's walk into the backyard.. But if I had my dog trained to correct his little anger issues and he no longer bites, then I'd say he "used" to bite strangers - Not "he bites strangers" lol.

I hope that makes sense because I'm just trying to voice my honest and respectful opinion about the review/comparison as a whole. And when I see something like that it seems a bit misleading, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc, that was an outstanding review. It is worthy of the Mike Philips writing award. However, I am going to buy a MB. I have a place in my truck for it and a 20 AMP breaker on my generator. If I did not have my generator then I would get the McKees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineDoc View Post
    Marc, that was an outstanding review. It is worthy of the Mike Philips writing award. However, I am going to buy a MB. I have a place in my truck for it and a 20 AMP breaker on my generator. If I did not have my generator then I would get the McKees.
    Thanks a lot ShineDoc! I appreciate the compliment.

I'm sure you'll love the Master Blaster. All of them are great tools and you won't be disappointed with any of them. It was just my preference. Let us know how you like your MB when you get to use it! Enjoy it.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

turbo car dryer FTW, the MB is a pain to lug around and eventually you're going to tip it over which gets annoying...

Post Thanks / Like

some very good points brought up here about the metro master blaster, even more reason why i like my turbo dryer even more...

Junior Member attention2detaillhc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spent about 4 weeks with the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer and it does everything as advertised. I have used it on several black cars in the desert sun, and have been impressed with the results. My only complaint is with the hose. You have to be very careful not to let the hose touch the car. If you do it will leave marks. While the simple solution is to not touch the car. I have had it happen when drying hoods and roofs. The marks come right off with a quick wipe down, but it can be frustrating if your not careful. For the money, this is one of the best investment you can buy. As a mobile detail company, I use it with a 2000 watt generator and the generator has no problems handling the dryer.
    Jon
    Jon - Lake Havasu City, Arizona - AKA In the middle of the desert!
    http://www.attention2detaillhc.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing this review, i just bought the metro sidekick a couple weeks ago. Initially, feeling the power with my hands, i was impressed. Putting my hand next to the outlet, it was able to move my skin, so that was good. After I used it, i was a bit disappointed. It wasn't powerful enough and it probably wasn't meant to be. So something to note for potential buyers for the side kick; it's good for nooks and crannies like light gaps, front grills, door handles, mirror, and bumper gap to blow any seeping water out. If you want this to dry the whole car, it may, but it'll take way way longer than expected if you are avg sized car is not maintained. That is if it's not waxed or have a LSP. I found myself chasing the water beads all over..lol. Seemed like it would just never dry. Needless to say, it just didn't have enough power. If I would've saw this review, I would've def got the turbo dryer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by attention2detaillhc View Post
    I have spent about 4 weeks with the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer and it does everything as advertised. I have used it on several black cars in the desert sun, and have been impressed with the results. My only complaint is with the hose. You have to be very careful not to let the hose touch the car. If you do it will leave marks. While the simple solution is to not touch the car. I have had it happen when drying hoods and roofs. The marks come right off with a quick wipe down, but it can be frustrating if your not careful. For the money, this is one of the best investment you can buy. As a mobile detail company, I use it with a 2000 watt generator and the generator has no problems handling the dryer.
    Jon
    try using it with the hose behind you. i've been doing this since i got it for the reason you mentioned...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast