autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Rupes Bigfoot Nano iBrid Polisher

To elaborate further, what does a person do when he can`t remove an extremely tight a$$ bolt? He increases his torque by increasing the length of his rachet either by changing to a longer breaker bar or adding a pipe to the short rachet. The result is increased leverage.

Here`s a good illustration for those who like to see an equation:

As you can see, the torque is directly proportional to the distance between the pivot point (foam pad in this case) and where you`re applying the force (power trigger and thumb in this case). So the long neck version of the Nano increases the distance between the two points resulting in more torque.

A person may say he will never tilt the foam pad while polishing. Trust me, it`s easier said than done LOL!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Incredibly thorough review! Nicely done and I've shared it with the rest of our team for their information as well. Thank you for taking the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc, that was a thorough and well written review. If I didn't just receive my Nano Long Neck, I would buy one based on your post.

Seeing Dylan's response, you may have a future writing reviews for Rupes.

Thank you for taking the time to post the review along with the pictures. I look forward to the next one.

AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review!! This article posted on my Facebook Page to as I subscribe to AGO FB Page and Autopia's. Autopia's FB has a big FB article written by you!! Way cool! Check it out!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review on an amazing machine !!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great detailed review. I have used mine for only couple of months as a hobbyist, so very limited use (about 8 hours on various tests).
    My own observations:

The on /off lever is best used with my palm and not my thumb.

Considering the thought that went into the colour coding of the kit, there is no documentation on how to use the kit. Strange.

Using the rotary attachment without the guard is asking for trouble. One slip into an adjoining panel and instant scar from backing plate (been there done that).

Best polisher ever for my wheels (clean, polish or correction).

The kit works at roughly half the speeds of my DA and the pads just keep on spinning.

As a rotary it is a powerful, precision tool that beats nhand polishing by a mile.

The blue pads wear out quickly with the rotary tool.

The small wrench was made to use with telekinetic powers because my fingers are way too big. If the handle was longer (it's about 3/4") I would at least have a chance.

Very little downward pressure required to get great results with rotary tool and 1" pads (let the pad/polish combo do the work).

I should do less thinking and more polishing 😀.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

. . . . so, re reading this thread didn't make me not want one anymore than before. I was honestly on the fence about getting one of these, to be exact - I was a step or two down the "maybe I wouldn't use it all that often" side of the fence. Marc, this reveiw has swung my leg back over & if I hadn't just spent my pocket money on some new IR lamps I would jump with no hesitation. I will be placing an order as soon as the funds will allow.

Lets hope you don't review any exotic cars . . . the wife wouldn't buy into that.

Superb reveiw, in fact I'll say (coz I'm brave) the best product reveiw on AGO bar none!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Incredibly thorough review! Nicely done and I've shared it with the rest of our team for their information as well. Thank you for taking the time.
    Thank you so much for the compliments Dylan! I appreciate it especially coming from you!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    Marc, that was a thorough and well written review. If I didn't just receive my Nano Long Neck, I would buy one based on your post.

Seeing Dylan's response, you may have a future writing reviews for Rupes.

Thank you for taking the time to post the review along with the pictures. I look forward to the next one.

Thanks a lot for the compliments Mike! It means a lot!

Writing reviews for Rupes will definitely be an amazing opportunity. I'd love to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Awesome review!! This article posted on my Facebook Page to as I subscribe to AGO FB Page and Autopia's. Autopia's FB has a big FB article written by you!! Way cool! Check it out!
    Thank you so much CJ!! Thanks for letting me know. I couldn't believe it myself. I have TheGuz to thank for that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Fantastic review on an amazing machine !!
    Thank you Pat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Great detailed review. I have used mine for only couple of months as a hobbyist, so very limited use (about 8 hours on various tests).
    My own observations:

The on /off lever is best used with my palm and not my thumb.

Considering the thought that went into the colour coding of the kit, there is no documentation on how to use the kit. Strange.

Using the rotary attachment without the guard is asking for trouble. One slip into an adjoining panel and instant scar from backing plate (been there done that).

Best polisher ever for my wheels (clean, polish or correction).

The kit works at roughly half the speeds of my DA and the pads just keep on spinning.

As a rotary it is a powerful, precision tool that beats nhand polishing by a mile.

The blue pads wear out quickly with the rotary tool.

The small wrench was made to use with telekinetic powers because my fingers are way too big. If the handle was longer (it's about 3/4") I would at least have a chance.

Very little downward pressure required to get great results with rotary tool and 1" pads (let the pad/polish combo do the work).

I should do less thinking and more polishing 😀.
    Thank you for the compliments and sharing your thoughts on the machine as well Crispy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    . . . . so, re reading this thread didn't make me not want one anymore than before. I was honestly on the fence about getting one of these, to be exact - I was a step or two down the "maybe I wouldn't use it all that often" side of the fence. Marc, this reveiw has swung my leg back over & if I hadn't just spent my pocket money on some new IR lamps I would jump with no hesitation. I will be placing an order as soon as the funds will allow.

Lets hope you don't review any exotic cars . . . the wife wouldn't buy into that.

Superb reveiw, in fact I'll say (coz I'm brave) the best product reveiw on AGO bar none!

Aaryn NZ.
    Wow! Your compliments blew me away Aaryn! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I sincerely appreciate it. It's compliments like this that want to make me keep on doing reviews.

Please get it. It's really an amazing tool and you will not regret it.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    bump!
    What part of town are you in? I'm in East Mesa. Always nice to meet a fellow detailer.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, you're review is awesome. How is the DA rotation? Are they're any stalling issues?
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast