autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Rupes P808 Protective Sealant, M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer, M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo

I received these as part of the following giveaway created by Nick. Thanks to Nick for a great giveaway.

RUPES Giveaway!

We received the following products along with a few goodies from Dylan. The only product we did not receive was M707 Carnauba High Gloss Protective Shampoo. The goodies made up for it (Rupes knee pads and mug). Thank you once again Dylan

I actually purchased P808 and M606 prior to me be chosen as a giveaway winner so I had been using the product a couple weeks prior to the giveaway. So I broke even on a couple products. I don't mind having extra bottles.

Here are all three products that will be reviewed in this thread.

First off the packaging is top notch. Each item comes in it's own box. The boxes are nice. I kept them to display them on my shelf.

M101: Contents include the bottle of shampoo

P808: Contents include nozzle, pick up tube for nozzle, microfiber towel and bottle of product. The nozzle and the pick up tube come separate from each other so it does require assembly Ages 3+ lol. The included towel is nice. One box contained a white towel and the other contained a green towel.

M606: Contents include nozzle, pick up tube for nozzle, microfiber towel and bottle of product. The nozzle and the pick up tube come separate from each other as well. One box contained a white towel and the other contained a yellow towel.

I will start of with M101. M101 can be purchased through Autogeek

RUPES M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo

Photo of the bottle

Dilution ratio is stated as 2 capfuls or 4 capfuls for heavy soil. I was washing my Camaro which had a layer of dust on it as I have been working on swapping some parts on it. I went with 2 capfuls. I was curious as to how much 2 capfuls is so I used a measuring cup. 2 capfuls = ~15mL or 1/2 oz.

M101 is a clear gel like consistency. Decent thickness and consistency. Here I am pouring it out into my bucket

Once in the bucket I blasted a jet of water into the bucket to generate/activate the soap. It created some good suds for those sud lovers. The suds lasted the entire wash.

I proceeded to rinse off the layer of dust and used a Meguiar's microfiber wash mit. One thing I noticed is that the soap looks a bit odd when washing the surface. Here is what it looked liked after the initial pass.

Some might freak out and say this soap is terrible. But it is not designed to be a high foam type soap. It did exactly what it was supposed to do and clean the surface. It had enough lubricity that it is not going to scratch the paint. It leaves no gloss enhancers or wax behind. Perfect for those that use coatings. It rinsed off cleanly and that is important. It left no soap residue or film behind. Overall it did a great job cleaning the surface. Would also work well for those starting out a paint correction project.

Price is currently $15.99 for 500mL (16 oz).

Rupes M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer:

Up next is the detailer. It can be purchased through Autogeek

RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer is a gloss intensive detail spray designed to keep your car clean in between washes

Photos of the bottle. This is the new bottle so it's a bit sucked in. I haven't opened it just yet. The one with the sprayer is in my Camaro and I was too lazy to go back into the house to get my keys lol.

The rear with the directions

Like most quick detailer's this is meant to be used to aid the removal of light dust or surface imperfections (fingerprints). Here is what the spray pattern looks like coming out of the nozzle. It has a nice spray pattern.

I used this after drying the car with the DP Turbo dryer. I used it to knock off any left over water. My car is coated and I don't really like to top it off with spray waxes or sealants. At most a quick detailer like M606 is as far as I would go.

M606 has no scent. There is nothing hard about applying a quick detailer. One spray goes a long way. It spread out nicely and buffed off nicely. It left no streaks. I've also used it outside on my Grand Prix which has P808 and I did not notice any streaking. It left behind a slick finish and gloss. It looks good even on white. Overall a great quick detailer. Makes a good companion to P808.

Price is currently $19.99 for 500mL (16 oz). I would recommend it, especially for those that want to stick with the Rupes line and have a synergy companion to P808.

Rupes P808 Protective Sealant:

Up next is P808. It can be purchased through Autogeek

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is a spray on car wax that protects and shines all hard exterior surfaces

This is Rupes entry into paint protection. Photos of the bottle

The rear with the directions stating it can be used straight up for long term protection or as a drying aid.

I've used this as both a stand alone selant and a drying aid. Both work great. I applied it to my Grand Prix which is my daily driver almost 1 month ago. I applied 2 coats at the time.

I washed the car with Meguiar's Hyperwash a couple weeks ago. This is before I had Rupes M101 in my possesion. For those that want to see the products beading characteristics here it is. It looks good to me. I had my foam gun nozzle attached to the hose when I was washing.

I took this video as I was doing a sheet rinse. It looks good to me.

P808 left the surface feeling very slick. The gloss it left behind was great. I applaud Rupes for making this into a spray sealant rather than a liquid sealant. It does two positive things. One it is very user friendly to apply. If one can apply a spray wax then one can use this product. It's really that simple. Two is the amount of time it takes to protect the surface. There is a big time savings applying and removing it. This is great for professionals who do production detailing and need to get cars out fast. It's also great for those that don't always have the time to apply a wax or sealant and then let it haze for "X" amount of time.

Rupes claims up to 6 months of longevity. For a person who uses this for their own car, I would throw that out of the window. The reason I mention that is because I can add protection within a matter of minutes without a lot of time and effort. Whether it be after every wash, in between washes or as a drying aid. So for me I call that a wash. It's durability has been impressive thus far. I have had a few nasty bird bombs and they did not leave any etches behind. They came off rather effortlessly.

I know Dylan tested this product out as I follow him on instagram. He's in Colorado so hopefully he can answer questions on how it handles snow.

Overall I enjoy using this product. I would recommend it. The product is supposed to have no fragrance. But it has this musk type scent to it. It can sometimes be a little potent. I caught a whiff of it the other day when I was using it outside and I was like whoa. I also noticed it changed the color of the white microfiber towel that came with it. It didn't stain the towel because it washed out when I washed it with 3D Towel Kleen.

Current price is $29.99 for 500mL (16 oz). A little goes a long way.

This last comment goes for the nozzle on P808 and M606. The nozzles are nice and have a nice spray pattern. The sprayer has a 1/4 turn to open or close it. The thing I have to critique on this is that the tip of the nozzle is clear. It is very hard to see the word STOP or see the spray pattern symbol because of the clear plastic. That is the only issue I have with the nozzle on the sprayer. Sometimes I forget what position I leave the nozzle in.

Here is what I mean

Final Thoughts:

I enjoyed using all three of these products. I think they are all great and I would recommend trying them out. These are especially prefect for those that want that Rupes synergy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Rupes P808 Protective Sealant, M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer, M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo

I have 808 on the front driver side hoods on my car and my gf's car.

It's been on my car since Nov 8th, and it's still beading up just fine even after washing, and salt. On her truck, it was applied in late November and has endured touch less washes, and salt. Last time we went through the touch less wash it first appeared to have taken a beating, but it's still there. When we got home I went over it with M34, and it still exhibited sickness!

This sealant is a great way to conclude a correction process with the Rupes system. I do a lot of one step polishes usually with Keramik on a microfiber, and following with 808 makes my process a LOT quicker!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Rupes P808 Protective Sealant, M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer, M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo

Nicely done, Mike

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.