autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking CarPro Tar X Save the Day! (a Quick Review)

Over the weekend we had a bunch of friends over, and as a result my driveway was *PACKED* with cars. And no matter how careful you are accidents happen: while attempting to leave one friends car tire bumped into another friend passengers side door:

After quickly surveying the paint, other than a few scratches the most visible damage was the big rubber kiss the tire left behind. My buddy still felt terrible over the whole thing no matter how much my other friend told him not to worry - it’s a city car with 12 years worth of marks all over it already - a few more wasn’t anything to get upset over...

Now, normal people would have left it at that and gone on with their day. Myself on the otherhand??? No way! This happen in my driveway!! I knew I could make the whole situation right with a tar & adhesive remove: enter CarPro’s Tar X!

From CarPro USA’s product page for Tar X:

CarPro Tar X is an incredible super strength tar, adhesive, and bug remover as well as a degreaser that derives its strength from 100% of the solvents extracted from orange peels. This makes it eco-friendly but don't let that fool you when it comes to the power of this incredible product. Simply spray on the surface and allow it to easily melt tar away. For stubborn adhesive residue spray a little Tar X on a microfiber and easily wipe the stubborn adhesive away! CarPro Tar X can be used as an all purpose degreaser, tar and asphalt removal, insect, tire mark, adhesive removal, traffic film and for many other tough cleaning jobs.

Directions:

1. Shake Bottle - Check
    2. Spray across affected surface - Check
    3. Allow to dwell for a few minutes allowing it to melt the tar - Check
    4. Agitate the area with a damp wash mitt or sponge before rinsing it off - Check
    5. Do not leave on the surface for more than 7 to 10 minutes or allow to dry. - Noted

After a few minutes I lightly washed the area with a soapy wash mitt, and sure enough all tire remnants disappeared:

Now everyone is happy and the party can go on w/o any guilty feelings. Hizzah! To top it off, I promised my friend I’d correct their hazy headlights the next time they come over/ I don’t have a house full of guest to keep entertained. Just because it’s a city car, doesn’t mean it can’t get a little detailing love too!

So the next time the old’ tire-into-door mishaps happens during your watch… reach for Tar X.

Additional observations
    One thing I really like about Tar X is it’s low solvent odor. When using adhesive removers I sort of expect to get hit in the face with a strong chemical smell. But not TarX, it was nice to use a product that didn’t leave me with a headache.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Tar X Save the Day! (a Quick Review)

Thanks for the review. I bought a bottle of this some time ago but I haven't gotten to use it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks for the review. I bought a bottle of this some time ago but I haven't gotten to use it yet.
    Thanks, Setec. You'll like Tar X, I'm sure of it

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Ian!

Tar-X is the bomb! You can use it for more than just Tar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Nice review Ian!

Tar-X is the bomb! You can use it for more than just Tar.
    Thanks, Mike! I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Angus,

Thank you for the quick review on Tar-X. It is certainly one of my favorite products. First time I used it I was giddy it worked so well, since then i'll always have a stockpile as it gets used for so many varying tasks.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Hows Tar-X compare to Tarminator?

I've been using Tarminator as it's available OTC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx10r Elle View Post
    Mr Angus,

Thank you for the quick review on Tar-X. It is certainly one of my favorite products. First time I used it I was giddy it worked so well, since then i'll always have a stockpile as it gets used for so many varying tasks.

Steve
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm looking forward to using Tar X other decon projects

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Hows Tar-X compare to Tarminator?

I've been using Tarminator as it's available OTC.
    Great question. Having used both, I'd say they equally good products. Honestly, I'd really need to do a side by side comparison to list pros vs cons. I'll keep an eye out for some choice tar splatters to test against for you