autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me make the RIGHT decision!?!?!

I will definitely get the Ultimate compound & polish instead of the m105 & m205… thanks everyone for the heads up.

So far, I have used M20 & M21 along with Collinite845 with great results…but I had to apply it all by hand and that was very very time consuming.

If I use the Ultimate line up, should/can I use the m20 & m21 with it or no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRav4n View Post
    I will definitely get the Ultimate compound & polish instead of the m105 & m205… thanks everyone for the heads up.

So far, I have used M20 & M21 along with Collinite845 with great results…but I had to apply it all by hand and that was very very time consuming.

If I use the Ultimate line up, should/can I use the m20 & m21 with it or no?
    If you use the three Megs Ultimate products that I suggested you won't need anything else.

If you want to get the Ultimate Quick Polymer spray wax, which goes on in about 15 minutes you will probably like it. Use it weekly or as often as you like to keep the shine and protection that the Ultimate Liquid wax gives you after applying it with the soft finishing pad on the Flex. These four products are going to give you an incredible wet shine. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gary…..that's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure.

I still have a gallon of Meg's#135 that i want to use before dropping any more cash then I have to.

This wish list here is already going to set me back around $800…but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Thanks again everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Already tons of good info for you that i can't really add to. The only constructive suggestion i have is don't let anything touch the ground or driveway that touches your paint. I notice in your pic you have your MF on the ground. MF will pick up any stuff on the ground relatively quickly and if you then rub your paint...bam, scratches!

Again, you're on the right path my friend. Just remember to work clean and best of luck getting and keeping those Toyota's the envy of the neighborhood!

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the HD model with the 25 ft. cord. I have the GG 6" and GG 3" both with the 25' cords and they make working around a car a lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Already tons of good info for you that i can't really add to. The only constructive suggestion i have is don't let anything touch the ground or driveway that touches your paint. I notice in your pic you have your MF on the ground. MF will pick up any stuff on the ground relatively quickly and if you then rub your paint...bam, scratches!

Again, you're on the right path my friend. Just remember to work clean and best of luck getting and keeping those Toyota's the envy of the neighborhood!
    I think your talking about my picture lol.

I did that for the picture, so only after did I put the stuff on the ground.

Also, if you look closely, you can see there is a black shirt on the ground. I took off my church shirt, laid it on the ground. Put the stuff on top of my shirt. Then I took the picture.

I had just happen to have the stuff with me in my trunk when I was at church on Sunday morning. I talked to my church friend and worked on the fly. Like always.

So after they got placed on the ground like that. They didn't get used again.

Post Thanks / Like

so after giving it a little more thought, and before I just drop this kinda cash on something I'm not 100% sure of, I think i'm just going to try and Re-read everything I can again, to see if this is going to be the right AIO machine for "me" as i'm not "planning" on purchasing another one anytime soon…. although I know that can change at any time. lol

In my logical mind I keep thinking that I can the bothe the GG6 and the GG3 for the same price as the Flex and will be able to get in all the areas that i''ll need to but I know with the different size BP's that i'll get with the Flex, i'll also be able to get in those somewhat difficult areas.

So i'm going to have to do some more reading and then make my final decision.

But I'm really digging the Flex thus far….

Anyways, now that I've made this decision, I'm wondering if I should just wait until sometime around X-mas when the sales, deals, and discounts will be a lot better???!?!!

If so, This will not only give me time to really consider my purchase but will also give me time to read and study all about the art of machine polishing etc…

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you can't beat the GG6 (with a 5" BP and 5.5" pads) for the weekend detailer. There isn't anything it can't handle with the right pads and polishes, it has all the power you'll need and it has a lifetime warranty. However, I wouldn't waste the money on the GG3--you'll read allot of posts of how underpowered it is. Why not just stick with the GG6 and get a 3" BP (3"pads) or 3.5" BP (4" pads)--it's a little more work to change the backing plate, but you're only doing your own cars and a couple of others. Later on if you feel it's too much work to change the BP then pick up a Harbor Frieght DA for about $50 and add a 3 or 4" BP. You don't have to purchase everything up front--take your time and decided if you really like this then add what you need as you move forward.

Post Thanks / Like

You have a lot of great advice here. I personally went with the GG6 and like it. However I spent a bit of money on things I didn't need because I didn't research it. Also, I only do our 2 vehicles.

To do it all over again. I'd still get the gg6 but change my pads up. Currently I have the 6.5 cobra cross groove pads AG caries and they're okay. I also have the 4" cyclo pads made by buff and shine which I really like.

If starting new, I'd get 2 megs MF cutting pads, 4 green buff n shine polishing (or white LC) pads, 4 black finishing pads. Size is up to you 5.5 or 6.5. Then get a smaller backing plate and equivalent smaller pads. Also, maybe a red or blue pad for waxing.

Compounds/polishes. Get a small bottle of compound like ultimate compound. If you do everything correctly, you shouldn't need much compounding over the course of your car's life.(also why so few cutting pads above) So no need for 32oz like I have collecting dust. As for polish, I have FF3000 and M205. I like both. If doing it over Id go with M205 alone or try menzerna 4000 instead.

For a wax/sealant, whatever you like will honestly work. I've settled on dg501 as a quick AIO and use collinite 845 most other times. I also have max wax and Vic's red if the car needs an infrequent treat that totally unneeded (both are DDs).

And that's about it. Don't be in a hurry, read and buy wisely.

PS, what you do as maintenance could be more important than you're machine, polishes and waxes.

Chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast